How do I heal leaky gut if I am allergic to everything?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How do I heal leaky gut if I am allergic to everything?

This topic contains 30 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Mikey 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

emz333
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 49

thanks for your reply guys. have had a really rough day today, my legs are sooo swollen i went back to my GP and i am getting an ultrasound on my lymph nodes tomorro morning, they are all HUGE. probably to do with my bad rash flare up. i am just so depressed i broke down infront of the doctor today. i was told by my acupuncturist if i dont eat protein soon im guna end up in hospital, well how am i supposed to when this massave reaction happens and i cant work to pay for everything??!! soo frigen hard… i have some rice protein im goin to try before my next days off, hopefully my leg swelling goes down.. anyone else had this??

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Emz have you looked into perioral dermatitis for the spotty rash on your face? What you describe sounds like what I have although yours sounds much worse than mine. I worked out that its a reaction (for me at least) to my leaky gut and how inflamed my stomach must be, of because when I have long periods of having veg smoothies and drinking lots of lemon and ginger teas it calms down. I had pretty much got rid of it but then I had to come off all my supplements for some tests and got really low, figured i couldnt get any worse so i ate some cookies. Shortly after that the dermatitis came right back and worse. I’m in the process of getting rid of it again and this time as well as what i said before, I’m applying thrush cream to it and slowly it seems to be disappearing. If thats what you have, i would suggest trying what i do.

Jo*Jo

raster;43805 wrote: I am sorry I didn’t reply to this post. I would try to work in vitamin C which will reduce your histamine levels significantly. How bad are your reactions? I would basically eat everything you are allergic to but rotate the foods you eat so that you don’t eat the same thing a whole bunch.
    If you reduce the inflammation of the gut, this will make you less allergic to food items. Certain foods are highly anti-inflammatory including fish, pumpkin, and broccoli. Fermented and regular cod liver oil are highly anti-inflammatory.

-raster

I’ve been meaning to ask for so long if I could do this for my leaky gut. Particularly pumpkin. But there’s no way I can get hold of that at this time of year in the UK. I dont know what to try first though. If kefir and fage yoghurt is so beneficial in general, should i ignore how it makes my white tongue worse?

Flipper
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 79

emz333, have you tired hemp protein? It’s about the only thing I could eat for protein for a while. It’s still something I turn to.

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Emz, stay away from xylitol gum. It upset both me and my wife’s gut and my wife does not have gut issues. Xylitol if taken on a regular basis causes cramping in the gut. When I did higher amounts of xylitol it caused severe cramping. Just use caution with xylitol.

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

jameskep;43888 wrote: Emz, stay away from xylitol gum. It upset both me and my wife’s gut and my wife does not have gut issues. Xylitol if taken on a regular basis causes cramping in the gut. When I did higher amounts of xylitol it caused severe cramping. Just use caution with xylitol.

I concur with the xylitol; I think it is okay in very trace amounts on my gut; however, I think that I prefer to stay away from it. I really think anything with -ol’s bother my gut; gas, bloating, diarrhea. Read about it, just like sorbitol. Do you do stevia? I do much better not chewing gum like I did in the past, swallowing air; I used to be a sugar-free gum addict. This year, since I starting fighting this beast; I found not chewing gum has helped, but if you really need something chew; I have found on iherb there is stevia gum that I thought about trying to order. I know late at night when I am just sitting there I can get the munchies (so I know maybe just chewing something might help), and I prefer to not eat before bed because it can upset my gut; then, I feel bad the next morning. I think it is better for digestion to not eat before bed, or if really have to, very light! Hope that helps.

emz333

Flipper;43887 wrote: emz333, have you tired hemp protein? It’s about the only thing I could eat for protein for a while. It’s still something I turn to.

hi flipper, i have tried hemp seeds and had a severe reaction. 🙁

hi jojo thanks for your reply, i have even had a skin biopsy done and it only came back as rosacea, which isnt acne rosacea or anything. they just say that when its redenning/ inflammation of the skin.

im getting an ultrasound today on my lymph nodes, will b interesting to see if anything comes from it. i can just feel there is something so wrong inside me and no one has helped me. my legs r still a little swollen today. freaky…!

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Looks like the stevia gum on I-herb has xylitol as well. I don’t think any company makes a stevia gum that is sugar alcohol free with 100% stevia??

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

jameskep;43930 wrote: Looks like the stevia gum on I-herb has xylitol as well. I don’t think any company makes a stevia gum that is sugar alcohol free with 100% stevia??

well, that sucks! I hadn’t looked at the product information, and I just did. I have another idea though; this helps me at times b/w meals at times when I feel the need for a sweet and/or stressed. Like I said, I really feel better this year from not swallowing air (need to learn that on eating sometimes, not eat too fast).

The supplement says it contains lactose, but it is so insignificant it doesn’t cause any reactions. I love cinnamon, too! Relora is a good anti-anxiety herb, I think, just like ashwangda. It is sublingual, or it can be chewed. Maybe that will help!

http://www.amazon.com/Superior-Source-Relora-250-tablets/dp/B003B2DCFY

Jo*Jo

Emz, how are you getting on now?

Doddy46
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 23

I think you all need to stop changing your diet around so dramatically. Continueous diet changes are hard on your digestion, your gonna forget how to digest additional foods you wouldn’t before. Eat small amounts of the foods you react to. (very small amounts). It is possible you can retrain your digestion to break down certain foods. Just like a baby, born with next to no digestive abilities.

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

Leaky gut can cause allergies just due to the nature of the condition.
    Doctors address it with a rotation diet. Don’t eat the same foods more than one day in four. Eg: if you have buckwheat on Monday, don’t eat it again until at least Friday. The same goes for the other foods on your diet. Its a diffult regime but it can be done.
    Apparently after three months you can get retested to see if you are still intolerant to those foods you were before.

emz333

hi jojo! thanx for asking, but not good. my skin got so bad iv had to quit my job, i seen my gp last week and he put me on 2 weeks of prednisone as my skin was so bad i couldnt sleep, wear clothes properly etc. the dermatologist has me on methotrexate, which doesnt start to work until you have been on it 6 weeks, which is why they have given me 2 weeks of prednisone, as after the 2 weeks the methotrexate should start working. i am pretty scared about what these meds r doing to my insides but i literally feel i have no choice, i couldnt leave the house, becoming soooo depressd. im so sick, i dont know what else to do. still havnt had a period in 8 months, am deficient in every vitamin even tho i take them every day. in the mean time i an still sticking with the diet and take lots of probiotics every day..

Jo*Jo

Wow I’m so sorry to hear that.

What stood out for me from what you said was that you’re taking all the meds and yet are still so deficient. Thats me! I was on all the vits recommended on here but was getting worse, not better on the strict diet so I began seeing a nutritionist in May and I did a urine test in June for the ONE test by Genova diagnostics in the UK and it said I was deficient in most things. Since then I’ve been taking vits, minerals, amino acids, anti oxidants etc to boost everything I was lacking and I’m seeing the difference already. The one thing I havent done yet which she suggested was to get my GP to test for vit D because if I’m lacking in that, I wont be metabolising the nutrients properly. I’m getting that done on Wednesday. Perhaps it could be the same story for you?

I was also found to be very deficient in essential fats so I’m eating more protein than I was by having mackerel, cod and herring.

I was never as bad as you but I have skin issues that I’ve never had in my life before so if I was more deficient than I was, its possible I could have gone down the same road as you are now.

Good luck with your treatment and please keep going with the updates x

Mikey
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I thought I’d share some insight with my leaky gut. Which I did heal to a point. Now on the recovery stage again.

I found out I had IBS about 7 months ago. I learned it was the cause of so many of my problems at the time. Gluten and soy allergy’s being one of them. Back then gluten wasn’t making me feel bad nor was I having allergic reactions to them. The only sigh I had was IBS related issues and this constant vibration feeling I had for over a month. After a month or two. My chronic constipation and diarrhea went away. From fixing my diet and going gluten and soy free. 6 months in I was living a new life.

For reasons to not waste your time. I tried gluten again after this 6 month period and developed a leaky gut with candida and major allergic problems and a vitamin D deficiency. It took me a good month or so to fight this issue with my cravings of the love of food. Where I’d react to about most meets but fish. All oil’s Fruits and some veggies.

Within a month I felt real, relief. After 2 weeks after feeling real relief. I was introducing other foods again in my diet within this 2 week period. In till I got the bright idea of trying milk again. I know people who have problems with gluten, should stay away from it. I didn’t have any problems with it so It was fine for me. I know now it was a big mistake to take milk in to my diet so soon after the healing of my leaky gut. I will most likely stay away from milk for a year or for good.

Milk caused my leaky gut symptoms to come back. I’m now over one month in fighting this again. It’s harder then before. Since my chronic constipation and diarrhea has come back since 2 weeks ago. These last 2 weeks I’ve been reacting to things that were fine 2 weeks before, before my constipation came back. I wake up every morning with an allergic reaction on my hand and ear infections. I feel as my whole gut has slowed down to the point. To when I wake up and stand up. The gut starts to move again and something I eat before is moving again causing an allergic reaction. I’m sure my IBS problems ATM have something to do with this.

I wasn’t so strict this time around and its why it’s taking so long to heal it again. Don’t make the mistakes I did and take this very serious. The sooner you take action, the sooner it’ll heal.

What Helped Me:

Staying away from all fruits, sugar’s, meets (But Fish) and oil’s and taking in Probiotics. At the end of my first healing of the leaky gut (Which took me about a month). I only eat One to Two cucumbers a day for 2 weeks straight. As I was going crazy over my leaky gut. I ended up losing about 15 Pounds at the time and had little to no energy to do much. It was the price I payed to heal my gut. You need to go to the extreme’s some times if nothing else helps you quick enough. All I know is, the sooner you stop reacting to foods. The sooner you’ll heal. So take my advise. If their is foods you find that you are fine after eating. Stay on a very very strict diet for a few weeks and start trying to reintroduce other foods after wards to see if you react to them. For some reason, I don’t react to eggs or notice it. I stay away from them anyway.

If you can afford vitamin supplements and protein supplements you should. I didn’t because I couldn’t. You might also have a vitamin D deficiency, getting at least 20-30 minutes of some nice sunshine a day will help you in this. It helped me.

I hope this helps out others out there fighting this same issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘How do I heal leaky gut if I am allergic to everything?’ is closed to new replies.