How are you supposed to know when you're getting better?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions How are you supposed to know when you're getting better?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  avocardo 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

doravanil
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

So, my question is – since I’m still really new to all of this – how in the hell are you supposed to know when to go to stage 2, 3, and beyond or for that matter when you’re getting better? If you have to test foods to find out, but those foods could potentially set you back, how do you know how long to stay in each stage before testing things?

And if you try foods that aren’t necessarily a candida trigger and still feel like s***, is it because they’re irritating your leaky gut? Or antagonizing some other underlying condition? I mean, when and how are you supposed to know all of these things?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You should start trying stage 2 and 3 foods and see how well you tolerate them. For me, I had a bad reaction to potatoes and apples for the first 6 months of the diet. Eventually I had no reactions to either of these and then I started to consume them in low quantities. Fruit is generally a pretty safe food item to try out to see how well you tolerate molds and sugar.

I also was quite allergic to rice and almond butter for the first 6-9 months. Eventually I had no reaction to them and integrated them into my diet.

-raster

doravanil
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

I finished off my first month of Nystatin and my ND has me holding off on getting more until we get back some GI test results, so my concern, of course, is setting myself back too much because I’m not on the antifungals. By testing a little here and there, should I experience any significant setback? Especially if it’s just with fruit/veggies?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Most food items should cause a few hours to a few days setback so it shouldn’t really do that much harm typically from my experience.

-raster

impossible
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 606

doravanil;52069 wrote:
    And if you try foods that aren’t necessarily a candida trigger and still feel like s***, is it because they’re irritating your leaky gut? Or antagonizing some other underlying condition? I mean, when and how are you supposed to know all of these things?

Thats a very good question. Everyones symptoms are going to be different. Its best to pay attention to what causes or relieves symptoms, and which particular symptoms. Thats one reason I like to only make one change at a time. Symptoms usually happen in specific “sets” i guess you could say. Use your best judgment based on your experiences and ask of any specifics if you’re not sure.

avocardo
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 11

Its pretty much trial and error, you just need to pay really close attention to your body and how you’re feeling. Eventually you’ll get the feel for it and you’re body will tell you when you’re feeling well enough to add some different foods back into your diet.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How are you supposed to know when you're getting better?’ is closed to new replies.