Hot Giardiniera Recipe

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Hot Giardiniera Recipe

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shell1226 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ChinUp
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 24

As a native Chicagoan, I have been craving hot giardiniera since being on the diet. If you are not familiar, this is a spicy blend of peppers and veggies most commonly used on Italian Beef sandwiches.

I would say this recipe is good for stage 2.

Ingredients:

• 2 jalepenos (sliced)
    • 1/2 daikon (diced)
    • 1 stalk celery (diced)
    • 1/3 green bell pepper (diced)
    • 1 small onion (chopped)
    • 1/4 cup cauliflower florets (chopped or whole)
    • 1/4 cup sea salt
    • water
    • 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
    • 1 tbsp dried oregano
    • 1 tsp crushed red pepper
    • 1/2 tsp black pepper
    • 1/2 can green olives (chopped) – trader joe’s or whole foods have it with only olives, water & salt
    • 1 cup Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
    • 1 cup extra virgin cold pressed olive oil

I make mine relish style with my Ninja Blender I got for Christmas: http://www.amazon.com/Ninja-Professional-Blender-Chopper-Crusher/dp/B003O47MKA

Put jalepenos, daikon, celery, green bell pepper, onion, cauliflower into a bowl. Add salt to bowl. Pour enough water into the bowl to cover the veggies and give a stir. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

The next day, drain and rinse the veggies from the refrigerated bowl. Add finely chopped garlic, oregano, red pepper, black pepper and chopped olives. Pour in equal parts of the apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Mix well, cover and refrigerate for 2 days. I find it convenient to use a jar for this.

Use this as a condiment to spice up any dish!

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

Thanks for this recipe. Can’t wait to try it. I love giardiniera.

Rachelle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Hot Giardiniera Recipe’ is closed to new replies.