Hot baths

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Jo*Jo 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

Another “is this normal?” question.

I just spent 20 mins in a hot bath with epsom salts and as i stood up to get out I almost fainted. My whole body was vibrating, i felt so heavy and my heart was pounding.

I certainly sweat loads but I was wondering if I had the water too hot?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

Jo*Jo wrote: Another “is this normal?” question.

I just spent 20 mins in a hot bath with epsom salts and as i stood up to get out I almost fainted. My whole body was vibrating, i felt so heavy and my heart was pounding.

I certainly sweat loads but I was wondering if I had the water too hot?

Yeah I get that most times, almost like all my energy has been drained from my body. A slightly colder than warm shower often helps a little if you can face it.

Make sure you have some drinking water with you.

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I had this but it settles down a lot after a while. This is actually something I experienced before the diet. I assume it’s related to toxins in the blood. My circulation is pretty crappy, so a lot of junk must get mobilised when I bathe.

quick
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 49

It’s normal for me. I always make sure to have a bottle of water sitting on the side. I also go from laying down to sitting up in the tub for a few minutes, then finally standing up. My veins also stick out a bunch too, especially in my arms after a hot bath. I generally follow up with a cool shower to wash off all the toxins that were released.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Weakness, fainting and/or dizziness after a sauna or a hot-water tub soak can signify dehydration or overheating. Always take a bottle of water in with you and drink it all during the soak or sauna.

Able

Jo*Jo

Good advice there. I will use those tips tomorrow. I still feel light headed, shakey and heavy, and it scared me. Tomorrow i’m doing it when I’m not alone.

Edit: just saw Able’s post. Thanks, i will do that too and keep an eye on things. Guess drinking 3+ litres isnt enough.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Jo Jo,
    I love how detailed you are with everything :)!! You are very inspirational for keep a log of symptoms so well :D. You are in my thoughts and prayers <3.
    Lots of love to you,
    Lauren

lol I read you other post. I should have put this comment there lol. But great job anyway 😀

Jo*Jo

Just got out of the bath. The water was a bit cooler i think this time and i was sipping water but i only lasted about 13 minutes through worrying i’d have a repeat of yesterday. I sat up and let some water out before putting the plug back in and filling it with cold water. Then i laid back down for a couple of minutes. My heart was pounding but not as much as before. When i stood up I was nothing compared to yesterday and then i had a cool shower.

A big difference. Thanks everyone.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hot baths’ is closed to new replies.