Hot Apple Cider/Sore Throat Tea

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Snacks & Treats Hot Apple Cider/Sore Throat Tea

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  piloteminuit 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

piloteminuit
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 7

I had a raging sore throat when I started my first cleansing cycle, and read that among the common, natural, remedies are apple cider vinegar and cinnamon. So I threw both in some boiling water and accidentally came up with Hot Apple Cider. It is now my favorite hot beverage, even when I’m not going through cleansing, but it seems to help relax and heal my throat even more than ginger tea or salt water gargle…and it is delicious. This is my version, which I never measure but is more or less:

1/2 to 1 tsp cinnamon powder (pieces and sticks okay too)
    Splash of apple cider vinegar (Approx. 2-3 tsp)
    8-10 oz. hot water
    3-4 drops liquid stevia, or other sweetener

While your water is on to boil, mix cinnamon and vinegar in a clear glass until cinnamon is completely mixed in and wet.
    Pour boiling water over and stir vigorously to mix. Cover and steep 10 minutes, allowing cinnamon to settle to the bottom.
    Using a coffee filter, pour into a mug, leaving the undissolved cinnamon behind. (If you don’t mind a few dregs in your tea or want to boost the cinnamon benefit, pour through a fine mesh strainer and stir every so often as you drink.)
    Add 3-4 drops of liquid stevia or other candida diet-friendly sweetener to taste and enjoy!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Hot Apple Cider/Sore Throat Tea’ is closed to new replies.