Hospitalised

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hospitalised

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #98280

    Cheesey
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

    Hi Folks

    I have been on the candida diet now for nearly 6 weeks. A couple of days ago I had a rather nasty experience. I had been at a training day for work in another city for the day, and throughout the afternoon I had been feeling progressively weaker and weaker. On walking back to the station with a few colleagues, I started panicking as I felt so awful I couldn’t imagine myself getting a train. I told one of my colleagues I was feeling really, really ill and we sat down for a bit where I proceeded to feel worse. It was almost as though I had been trying to walk through treacle, my balance was off, everything seemed extremely slow and I felt quite nauseous. I lay down on a wall beside an extremely busy street and I couldnt life my head or communicate properly. I felt extremely, extremely tired like a bomb could have gone off and I would just fall asleep next to it. Next thing I know my colleagues called an ambulance and I was whisked away to hospital. At hospital I began to feel better, the doctors found nothing (blood sugar etc. was fine) and I got a very expensive taxi home.

    This had all followed two hectic days at work. Usually I find it hard to get through an entire day as it is, but I had been up early and extremely busy for these two days. Moreover, I had just started a new antifungal after a long while of not really taking any antifungal in particular – rather just eating lots of garlic, coconut oil and onions with meals. I had begun taking allicin tablets (the active anti-fungal in garlic), however I had not really noticed them working, so over the course of about 4 days I upped my intake to perhaps 6 or 7 tablets. I hadn’t taken any on the day in question because I had noticed that I was feeling more fatigued than normal.

    This is what my protocol prior to that day looked like:

    On rising:
    3 eggs usually with seeds and seasoning (made with coconut oil)

    A milk thistle tincture
    Omega 3 fish oil
    Anti-oxidant formula
    150mg of Molybdenum
    10 25 billion probiotic by Now foods.
    2 allicin tablets (only started a few days beforehand).
    Digestive enzymes
    Kefir made with full fat, organic, pasturised cows milk (only been drinking this for aroun a week
    Maybe a small tablespoon of coconut oil now and again if I was feeling like it.

    Lunch:
    Avocado, sardines, rice, onion salad (not always this, but always along these lines).
    Digestive enzymes

    Snack:
    Walnuts/Almonds

    Dinner:
    Chicken/Duck/Lamb/Salmon
    Millet/Quinoa/Brown Rice/Amaranth
    Brocolli/Brussel Sprouts/Cabbage/Leaks/Asparagus etc.

    A milk thistle tincture
    Omega 3 fish oil
    Anti-oxidant formula
    150/300mg of Molybdenum
    1 x 10 25 billion probiotic by Now foods.
    2 allicin tablets
    Digestive enzymes
    Kefir

    I also drink gallons of herb tea throughout the day (sage/liquorice/’liver detox’/ginger/chamomile etc.)

    My bowel movement are generally really good except on for a few days leading up to that they had been slow and my bowels had felt rather unpleasant.

    My usual die-off symptoms are bucket loads of anxiety and stress, extreme fatigue, brain fog, mood swings.

    I am constantly under a lot of stress as i) I am on this diet and ii) I suffer from an anxiety disorder (something the candida diet seems to be effectively alleviating (sometimes)). Moreover, my doctor thinks I am currently suffering from post viral fatigue syndrome.

    In the aftermath I am focusing on drinking lots of fluids and continuing with the milk thistle and molybdenum. I am off working and trying to rest but both my physiological and psychological woes are somewhat aggravated at the moment.

    Does anyone have any advice for me?

    Cheesey.

    #98288

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I would consider reducing the training and focus on building your immune system and not muscle mass.

    I would also consider trying out acupuncture which can help you detox and rebalance the body.

    I sometimes would get hit with waves of nauseau and strange dizzy like symptoms when I went through die-off, so the allicin could’ve done this. I’d also consider switching from allicin to garlic capsules, because the allicin can be hard on your liver (likely less in garlic).

    My coworker has a disorder called inner ear disorder and I would look into this as well.

    -raster

    #98291

    Cheesey
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

    Hi Raster

    Im not sure if you’ve mistaken me for someone else, but I don’t do ANY muscle building exercise. I’m reduced to gentle evening strolls at the moment. Perhaps I miscommunicated.

    As regards to acupuncture: yes absolutely this helps. I was meant to see my acupuncturist that evening but i was in hospital instead. I think perhaps i was just overwhelmed as i have recently/still have a glandular fever type infection, i was overworked, and obviously die off must have hit me big. I think anxiety probably played a role tok as i was isolated and far from home.

    Its just a big effort at the moment. I need to keep on trucking. Prior to this i had had some really good energetic days with low stress and anxiety. I think i might take it easy on any antifungals for the time being, though. Perhaps wait until im a bit physically more capable to withstand detoxification. What do you think?

    Cheesey

    #98294

    Cheesey
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

    Though i am considering Tai Chi. I went to a seminar/taster and it appears to be essentially self-administered acupuncture that you can practice daily, among numerable other benefits such as pumping the lymph system.

    #98295

    Ruffian
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

    Funny this popped up today because just last night I had a dizzy spell where I couldn’t walk in a straight line. I had to lay down and let it pass. Then I started craving blue corn chips, so I gave in and ate some. The dizziness left but my itchy ears and candida symptoms got worse. It’s a no win situation sometimes.

    #98296

    lmm
    Member
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

    Sounds like a nasty experience. I don’t take garlic compounds but I know how you can come very unstuck if you don’t increase anti-fungals very slowly. I imagine you overwhelmed your liver at a time of occupational stress (I often reduce my anti-fungals when work is especially exhausting, because stress is hard on the liver and brain). Why not focus on building up or stabilizing your coconut oil doses. It’s taken me some time to build up to 2 x 8 tsps per day, and I’ve found this a good measure of my progress, tolerance and capacity for adding in other stuff.

    Len

    #98297

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    Sorry about what I wrote, I thouht you said you were training as far as weight lifting lol, not work training…

    -raster

    #98302

    healinglight
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 66

    Hi! I too have extreme fatigue sometimes now, but I attribute it to heavy toxicity in the system. Detoxification method of any sort helps me a lot. The reason for your condition may be different, but this could be worth a thought by you.

    #98362

    Cheesey
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

    Thank you for your responses, everyone.

    Ruffian;36798 wrote: Funny this popped up today because just last night I had a dizzy spell where I couldn’t walk in a straight line. I had to lay down and let it pass. Then I started craving blue corn chips, so I gave in and ate some. The dizziness left but my itchy ears and candida symptoms got worse. It’s a no win situation sometimes.

    My food cravings aren’t really that great and usually pass relatively quickly when they do come about, fortunately for me! Feeling so dizzy and out of it though is certainly one of my least favourite of my die-off symptoms. Just before I told someone I was feeling ill I remember trying to walk as far away from the road as possible so as not to get run over if I went off course or passed out!

    lmm;36799 wrote: Sounds like a nasty experience. I don’t take garlic compounds but I know how you can come very unstuck if you don’t increase anti-fungals very slowly. I imagine you overwhelmed your liver at a time of occupational stress (I often reduce my anti-fungals when work is especially exhausting, because stress is hard on the liver and brain). Why not focus on building up or stabilizing your coconut oil doses. It’s taken me some time to build up to 2 x 8 tsps per day, and I’ve found this a good measure of my progress, tolerance and capacity for adding in other stuff.

    Len

    That’s a great idea, Len. I think I need to take things much more slowly next time and realise I may not see immediate die-off effects – rather that it can take a few days for things to kick in. As far as the liver goes, I am still pretty incapacitated now – 4 days later. I think my game-plan from this point should be to eat well, gets lots of fluids in me, rest a lot and build myself up before taking anymore anti-fungals. I suspect I’ll probably leave it a week or two then, as you say, introduce a regular anti-fungal very slowly.

    raster;36800 wrote: Sorry about what I wrote, I thouht you said you were training as far as weight lifting lol, not work training…

    -raster

    No harm done 🙂

    healinglight;36805 wrote: Hi! I too have extreme fatigue sometimes now, but I attribute it to heavy toxicity in the system. Detoxification method of any sort helps me a lot. The reason for your condition may be different, but this could be worth a thought by you.

    Yes absolutely I think a significant element of what happened to me was heavy toxicity! I always take a holistic approach to things, though, and so rarely believe there to be a single causation. In this case, it was toxicity coupled with both anxiety and occupational exhaustion.

    I am still going to ask for the doctor to run some tests, however! I am particularly interested to ask for a thyroid test and ask for his opinion on what else might be causing this.

    #98386

    benc
    Member
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

    My major symptom was dizziness (for almost 2 years I had bad attacks similar to how you’ve described), I got diagnosed with labyrinthitis & was tested & showed I had a imbalance in my inner ears.

    However I rarely get any sort of dizziness now i’m coming up to 12 month stage, so i’m convinced their is a link.

    Now I only notice it if I was really tired, or have a cold or any sort of sinus issues.

    #98392

    Kag
    Member
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

    Hey Cheesey, this is just a thought, but it is possible that you had a panic attack. It sounds very much like one with the exception of the fatigue. Could have possibly been a combination of the stress of work and the increase in garlic. I only say that since you were having a busy day and were about to get on a train. Sometimes when you are in crowded places when there is a lot of CO2, it can kick in an anxiety attack.

    #98394

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    I agree, it did sound like an anxiety/panic attack. I had one the night I went out to dinner with my wife for our first date because she looked so smoking hot and I was hella nervous. I felt like I was going to faint.

    -raster

    #98395

    Kag
    Member
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

    The panic attacks that I had were much more traumatic physically than that. I felt as if I must be dying.

    #98400

    Cheesey
    Member
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

    benc;36889 wrote: My major symptom was dizziness (for almost 2 years I had bad attacks similar to how you’ve described), I got diagnosed with labyrinthitis & was tested & showed I had a imbalance in my inner ears.

    However I rarely get any sort of dizziness now i’m coming up to 12 month stage, so i’m convinced their is a link.

    Now I only notice it if I was really tired, or have a cold or any sort of sinus issues.

    That could be a possibility, but I dont have the dizziness very frequently. Again, I am going to ask my Dr if he can get a lot of tests done.

    Kag;36895 wrote: Hey Cheesey, this is just a thought, but it is possible that you had a panic attack. It sounds very much like one with the exception of the fatigue. Could have possibly been a combination of the stress of work and the increase in garlic. I only say that since you were having a busy day and were about to get on a train. Sometimes when you are in crowded places when there is a lot of CO2, it can kick in an anxiety attack.

    raster;36897 wrote: I agree, it did sound like an anxiety/panic attack. I had one the night I went out to dinner with my wife for our first date because she looked so smoking hot and I was hella nervous. I felt like I was going to faint.

    -raster

    Kag;36898 wrote: The panic attacks that I had were much more traumatic physically than that. I felt as if I must be dying.

    I think you guys are right to an extent. By the time I got in the ambulance I was certainly in the midst of a pretty nasty panic attack. I’m no stranger to panic attacks, though, having been dealing with an anxiety disorder for about 5 or 6 years now. I don’t want to say that it was something else entirely because panic attacks vary in intensity and symptoms, but certainly I don’t think it was just panic. Again, I reckon it was probably a whole load of things coming out at the same time.

    What I need is rest and relaxation. It would be ideal if I didn’t have to work 5 days a week so I could have a chance to gather myself together and allow my body to heal itself.

    #98410

    Kag
    Member
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

    Yeah, it probably was a combination of fatigue, the increase in anti-fungals and anxiety… Bless your heart. Take it easy sweetie!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hospitalised’ is closed to new replies.