Homemade Vegetable Broth Mix Recipe | All-Purpose Seasoning

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Cooking & Preparation Tips Homemade Vegetable Broth Mix Recipe | All-Purpose Seasoning

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  liciabelle 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

liciabelle
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

Vegetable Broth Mix Recipe | All-Purpose Seasoning ~ Do It Yourself
    From: http://wholenewmom.com/recipes/vegetable-broth-recipe/

Ingredients:

4 T celery salt
    4 T dried parsley flakes
    6 t garlic powder
    6 t salt (I recommend Real Salt)
    6 t ground savory (use summer savory — not the winter variety)
    2 t dried marjoram
    2 t dried thyme
    1 t pepper
    1 t turmeric
    1 t ground sage

Directions:

1. Combine all in a small bowl. Store in glass or plastic container with a tight fitting lid. Stir or shake occasionally before use to redistribute ingredients.

2. Use 1 tsp mix per 1 cup of broth as called for in recipe. You may substitute this for chicken broth/bouillon in recipes as well. 1 tsp is the equivalent of 1 bouillon cube.

liciabelle
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

Since making this seasoning blend, I have used it on everything I have made in the past week. My favorite is to put it on my scrambled eggs in the morning but it also was amazing in the soup I made.
    For the soup, I boiled a whole rotisserie chicken, removed it from the water, took the meat off and added it back to the broth. I put a teaspoon of the seasoning and added 1 for each cup of water (about 12 cups). Then I sauteed some veggies (white onion, green onion, green beans, zucchini, and celery) in coconut oil and added them to the soup. It was delicious! My husband ate the chicken meat out of it but I just skimmed the broth with some veggies off the top. He said that he liked this soup better than any of the others we have ever made… and we make a lot of soup.
    It was totally worth hunting around for some of the spices so that I could make this blend. This will be a staple in my household.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Homemade Vegetable Broth Mix Recipe | All-Purpose Seasoning’ is closed to new replies.