high does probiotic

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions high does probiotic

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  joy 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

joy
    Topics: 10
    Replies: 33

Hi,

Is there a benefit of taking a very high dose of probiotic? Would this clear up the infestation quicker? Right now I am taking a 9 strain 50 billion probiotic. Can I up the dose to 2 or 3 capsules a day without any harm? I am also taking oil of oregano and coconut oil.

thank you

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

joy wrote: Is there a benefit of taking a very high dose of probiotic? Would this clear up the infestation quicker? Right now I am taking a 9 strain 50 billion probiotic. Can I up the dose to 2 or 3 capsules a day without any harm? I am also taking oil of oregano and coconut oil.

Hi, Joy.

There’s a definitely benefit to taking high doses of probiotics, and they will clear up the infestation much, much faster. The only drawback is that they create very bad die-off symptoms which can make a person very ill. This is why killing off portions of the infestation first with the diet and antifungals is so important, to simply lower the numbers of the Candida before starting the probiotic.

How long have you been on the 50-billion count probiotic? And how long were you on the diet before starting it?

Be sure that you’re still taking at least several doses of the Molybdenum a day before raising the probiotic amount.

Able

joy

Hi Able,

I did the cleanse 3 weeks ago and have been on the diet for two weeks. A couple times I have doubled the probiotic(took two at a time in one day instead of 1 a day) and did not seem bothered by die-off effects. How much can I take and how often….I would really like to eliminate this as quickly as possible even if it means some discomfort on my part.

Thanks for your advice!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Joy.

I think I’ve already mentioned to you in the other post that I only took 160 billion a day, but I worked up to that amount rather slowly. I’ve read research papers where people were given up to 200 billion a day, but I didn’t want to jeopardize my work or exercise program with debilitating die-off symptoms, so I stayed at 160.

I’d rather leave the amount and the time of change up to you as you are literally “with you” all day and night and should have a better idea of how you believe you could handle the larger amounts of probiotics. Trust in the Molybdenum.

Able

joy

Hi Able,

I really appreciate all of your opinions and your expertise. You have a very good (great!) handle on how to conquer this disease. If I can go with the higher dose I will…for whatever reason….I don’t have the die-off effects that seem to affect many others…maybe my case is not as severe as others, but i do still beleive i have many of the symptoms.(ringing in my ears, fuzzy thinking, fatigue,(which has gotten better with the diet, and a number of other symptoms)

I will go with a higher dose….I asked before should I change the probiotic to a different one…my current probiottic is 50 billion with 8/9 can’t remember strains….should I change it up? I am able to handle the higher dose and I am thankful for that so I can get over this as quickly as possible.

Thank you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘high does probiotic’ is closed to new replies.