Hi there! New here and missing starches! (2 questions)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hi there! New here and missing starches! (2 questions)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Clare_ 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

NDFanatik
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Me and my little one have had a recurring thrush infection that has been resistant to the normal natural remedies, so as a last resort before going to the doctor I am here trying this diet. We breastfeed so I think we may be passing it back and forth to each other. 🙁

I’m on day 2 and doing really well with the diet. I’ve had headaches, nausea, flushed feeling, and I’m def mentally groggy and slow. But I can suck it up and deal with that (all while whining). Being able to eat the protein has helped and I have a friend who, all of her own will, is joining me to support me since she regularly does cleanses & fasts.

What’s killing me the most is that I’m trying to learn all of these new ways to prepare foods and it’s rough. I want pasta and a bowl of cereal pretty badly. I can deal without the sugars, but the starches? OMG!!

(So now onto the questions I have- because I’m hungry & whiny, lol)

So… I found a puffed brown rice cereal. That’s all it is literally- just brown rice with no other ingredients. Since brown rice is “allowed” can I PLEASE have that with some unsweetened almond milk? Or what about the new gluten-free Rice Krispies? It’s brown rice also 😉

And unrelated to the starches that I’m craving oh-so-much- My son has his 6th birthday party coming up in a week. It will have been well over a week since I started this diet. Can I for one day have maybe 1 cupcake (I’ll even take off the icing) and maybe some sugar-free sorbet/sherbet (no milk!)? Just a tiny bit so I can join in the festivities? Or would that baby bit just completely crash all of my efforts?

(p.s. please excuse any ignorance on my part. I’m just now learning what is and isn’t okay and I’m finding it hard to cope without my “normal” foods so I’m trying to find new ways to still enjoy food as much as possible and possible use alternatives to old favorites- like my rice cereal)

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

a) I did not get rid of my symptoms until after I gave up brown rice. Brown rice may be on the website diet, but it is not on the forum diet.

b) If you are tempted to cheat one week in, how are you going to last 6+ months? You would just be feeding the candida.

Jackie2
    Participant
    Topics: 57
    Replies: 197

Ask Able900 in a PM for the real diet that most people on the forum here use. I have been struggling with getting rid of oral thrush for almost 9 months….I would not cheat one bit on that birthday…it will come and go and you won’t realize that you missed anything. The battle of wanting to participate is a hard one. I have NOT had a piece of bread, pasta, rice since I started this diet. However, I’m still not free of Candida and don’t think I ever will be. I have stuck to it pretty close. When I do cheat I have taken tiny bits of something or a tiny taste and Ihave Cancica right back in the back of my throat in a blink of an eye. For a cheat I’m talking rasberries, nuts, coffee, strawberries…nothing big like a cupcake or anything. I’m talking 2 strawberries, a few rasberries. No matter what it is I have paid for it. I give you and your friend that is joining you cudos. I wish you luck. I too was on diet on web site to start with and could not find healing…because it is full of foods with sugar and carbs to feed the little devil. Good luck. Ask Able he will help you. The oil pulling really helped me a lot to start with. Also, when I got far enough into the diet and could drink Kefir and greek yogurt. They brought much relief. Good luck.

NDFanatik
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Clare_ wrote: b) If you are tempted to cheat one week in, how are you going to last 6+ months? You would just be feeding the candida.

The only “cheat” I was willing to do was for my child’s birthday, and even then in very limited amts, nothing like I would normally eat. It’s not like I would just suddenly start cramming snacks & cake into my mouth once a week.

Jackie2 wrote: Ask Able900 in a PM for the real diet that most people on the forum here use.

May I ask why there is a separate list for foods that are okay to consume on the actual website and a different list in here? In preparing for this, I have gone by the list and guidelines that are on the website and stocked up on foods for that. Just wondering. 🙂

Also, would the stricter diet be safe for a breastfeeding mother? As a bfing mom I need extra carbs and calories for milk production.

Jackie2
    Participant

I too breastfed my children. I think that this diet would scare me…but after living with this thrush for so darn long I can tell you that I would do this…I know that there is two different diets because folks here that try the diet on web site have reactions to different foods. So the diet devised here is trial and error. As mistakes have been made, reactions to different foods, diet has been adjusted to make it safer to us as we go. Ask Able900 for the diet. He is the best for guidance. I would also ask when you can/should start drinking coconut milk. Love the stuff. Love that it says 50% more calcium than reg. milk. That will help you so the baby does not start pulling calcium from your bones….coconut oil really helped me with the thrush. I wonder how it will help you and baby. Doctor’s acted like if I had thrush from brest feeding that would have been much easier to deal with…I think not. I wish you much luck. Look for support here. Sometimes it comes with different levels of compassion…but remember we are all here to help one another. I wish you tons of luck. Raster/Able has a great recipe for coconut bread. Make that into little cupcakes for you and your little one. No one will be the wiser. Best of luck to you. So sorry for you. Big hug. Jackie

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello NDfanatik,

Here is the forum protocol we developed to aid people on the journey to get better. Most people don’t know where to start and when, so this is a good general plan that you should follow.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

We do not recommend brown rice on the diet because it is inflammatory and contains slight amounts of sugar and high amounts of starch. This is why potatoes are not on the diet as well; save brown rice as a cheat food item and you’ll be just fine. If you do want to eat rice…black, red, and wild rice have greater nutritional properties.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/cereal-grains-and-pasta/5710/2

Buckwheat is a much better option than rice because it is a prebiotic (feeds the beneficial bacteria in the gut) and it only contains 25% starch. It also has a similar texture and flavor than rice.

Do you have angular chilitis? This is an indication of candida caused oral thrush…and I have it as well. The only way to heal it naturally is to reverse the flora in your gut so that candida is not a problem.

If you do have candida, plan on a 6-18 month recovery period…it takes a long time to heal from a decade or more of abuse to the gut.

I would not touch those gluten free rice crispies either; send a link to them if you don’t mind. The goal of the diet is to avoid dairy, molds, grains, yeasts, sugar, and GMO foods. The rice crispies is something you’ll want to avoid. This isn’t just a gluten free diet in other words…

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/breakfast-cereals/7705/2

The almond milk also should not be consumed on the diet, atleast not when you first are starting out. Almonds are a dried food item and contain molds which can easily feed another fungi called candida. This should be saved for a time when your gut is strong and it won’t set you back.

I started off on the wrong food with the diet as well; as I refined it I started to feel better and better. Everything you eat feeds candida, its just about feeding it as little as possible.

-raster

Jackie2
    Participant

Raster…very well said.

Clare_
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 134

NDFanatik wrote:

b) If you are tempted to cheat one week in, how are you going to last 6+ months? You would just be feeding the candida.

The only “cheat” I was willing to do was for my child’s birthday, and even then in very limited amts, nothing like I would normally eat. It’s not like I would just suddenly start cramming snacks & cake into my mouth once a week.

The bottom line is, your Candida will be partying alongside you if you eat it.

Many people post on this forum in a similar vein: Can I just eat/drink…, it is a special occaision.
    As if approval on a forum will somehow make it feed the Canadida less.

The bottom line is, it will make your symtoms blow out. It is your call.

As has been suggested, you can make a “special” coconut flour cupcake for yourself. No one else will be none the wiser unless you tell them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hi there! New here and missing starches! (2 questions)’ is closed to new replies.