Hi everyone

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  monstermelie 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

monstermelie
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 14

Hi everyone!

My name is Melie & I found this website/forum through a friend who is currently doing the diet & she asked a question about it in a FB group we are both in. I had never heard of the diet before but knew I had some problems with yeast in the past & have a current infection that I was/am finding hard to shift so I thought I would have a look & boy what an eye opener that was. The first page I looked at was the symptoms page & I can say that I have 90%+ of the symptoms.

I now realise that I have had a yeast problem most of my life. I had oral thrush infections most winters as a child sometimes twice in the year. Part of me loved it because I got to eat only ice-cream for a whole week (yup the Dr told my mum to only give me ice-cream to eat for a whole week). I saw someone mention that they had bad nose bleeds as a child. I don’t know how or if it connects with candida but I used to have terrible nose bleeds as a child too.

In my teens, the oral thrush infections calmed down but I had a few vaginal thrush infections. I was also diagnosed with IBS. Before I got married, I started on the birth control injection. I had a very bad reaction to it & have pinpointed that as the start of my bad health. 2 years later I got pregnant with my first child. I suffered badly with hyperemesis gravidarium (extreme morning sickness)for the whole pregnancy & also had a lot of thrush infections. I would only be finished the treatment a week & I would be prescribed another dose of canesten. At the end of that pregnancy, I had put on 40lbs. I have never been able to shift that 40lbs regardless of diet since. In my second pregnancy, I again had HG & several thrush infections & numerous other issues that have hung around since then & that I now see are linked to a build up of yeast.

Since that baby was born, I started researching, reading & changing my diet in order to try & alleviate my symptoms. The worst have been brain fog, forgetfulness, extreme fatigue, bloating & sinus infections. I also suffer quite badly from anxiety & stress (even when there is no reason to be stressed). I have also been trying to lose weight with no success. I completely changed our diet to a real food diet reducing the sugar & wheat we eat. I also took up running & spinning & other exercise & I didn’t lose a lb. Since reducing the sugar in my diet, I have been having massive sugar cravings which I find difficult to cope with a resist. I would have a homemade treat made with honey or less sugar to try & alleviate the cravings but I realise now that wasn’t the best thing to be doing. In recent months, my symptoms have been worsening. I have been getting yeast infections every month & I have had several ear infections. I have been sweating more & have a strange BO which isn’t unpleasant more sickly sweet. I also have noticed my hair is in bad condition & I have very dry skin & bad acne.

And so I plan to start the diet ASAP. I am a little confused though from all the info I have been taking in over the last couple of days so please tell me if I have this right/wrong.
    For the detox, the forum recommends only eating green vegetables. These can be eaten as a salad with olive oil, juiced or steamed. You can also have an egg if you feel you need it. Start the day with lemon water. The daily detox drink is that only once a day or more often? Sodium bentonite powder – is this the same or different from bentonite clay? Better made with hot or cold water? The liver detox is twice a day. The forum mentions extra olive oil. How do you take that? Just off the spoon? Then it’s milk thistle, dandelion tea, digestive bitters & the Chelated Molybdenum started 2 days before beginning cleanse. Is there anything else I need to know or take before I begin?

Thank you for reading all that & I look forward to getting to know you all

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Welcome!

I didn’t do the cleanse, so I’m not sure about your questions, I just wanted to say welcome and you have come to the right place 🙂 Good luck with the beginning of your journey!

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I would just drizzle olive oil over my steamed vegetables with some sea salt, cracked pepper, and lemon. It makes steamed vegetables more interesting, and it’s easier to get the extra olive oil intake.

It sounds to me like you have a pretty good grasp of things, but maybe someone with more experience (and less brain fog today :p ) can chime in.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hello, Mellie, welcome to the forum.

I have been sweating more & have a strange BO which isn’t unpleasant more sickly sweet.

This is the odor of a Candida albicans overgrowth in a human body.

I also have noticed my hair is in bad condition & I have very dry skin & bad acne.

Unhealthy hair as well as losing hair and dry skin are all symptoms of a Candida overgrowth.

The daily detox drink is that only once a day or more often?

Up to three times a day is acceptable for a few days, then once a day is fine. Be sure your eggs are organic, otherwise you’re
    jeopardizing the detox.

Sodium bentonite powder – is this the same or different from bentonite clay?

It’s different; you should use the sodium powder form.

Better made with hot or cold water?

Warm would probably allow better and easier mixing.

The liver detox is twice a day. The forum mentions extra olive oil. How do you take that? Just off the spoon?

Yes that’s fine. Don’t forget the sea salt every day during the cleanse.

Then it’s milk thistle, dandelion tea, digestive bitters & the Chelated Molybdenum started 2 days before beginning cleanse.

Considering the body odor you spoke of, you could have a pretty heavy population of the Candida, I’d start the Molybdenum Amino Acid and milk thistle at least three days before starting the cleanse to protect yoursel from the toxins that the Candida are going to release when they start dying. Also start drinking more water than you’re used to.

Is there anything else I need to know or take before I begin?

You asked for the strict diet in a private message, so check your inbox. Everything else is covered by the diet and the protocol which is linked in the diet. Any questions, just ask.

Able

monstermelie
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 14

Thank you shayfo & Able. All very helpful. Will go read the stricter diet now. I’m currently trying to source the chelate locally. If not, I can defintely get it on Amazon. Thanks for all your help & I’m sure I will be keeping everyone updated as I go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hi everyone’ is closed to new replies.