Hemp Protein Bread

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Lunch & Dinner Hemp Protein Bread

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Jojilla 6 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Hi everyone,

So I was actually really disappointed this weekend that my body could not break down the coconut bread. It’s perfectly fine with the coconut oil, but not Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour, grrr.

So I went back to the cupboard and had a look at what goes through my body fine. I found some hemp protein and wondered if I could use this as a replacement for coconut flour…

Well, considering I absolutely hate hemp protein, this turned out very well.

I added some cinnamon and dropped the baking powder/soda as I also wasn’t sure if this also affected me.

Recipe

3/4 cup hemp protein
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
    6 x organic eggs
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    3 x teaspoons cinnamon (less or more to your liking)

mix all the ingredients together and they should make a paste. Put into a bread baking tray for 60 minutes and you will have the below.

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

how does this taste and this is awesome because it cuts out baking soda which i find to be questionable and is this little to no carbs? Stevia might help improve the taste and spread some coconut oil on it. lol

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

sammcl wrote: Hi everyone,

So I was actually really disappointed this weekend that my body could not break down the coconut bread. It’s perfectly fine with the coconut oil, but not Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour, grrr.

So I went back to the cupboard and had a look at what goes through my body fine. I found some hemp protein and wondered if I could use this as a replacement for coconut flour…

Well, considering I absolutely hate hemp protein, this turned out very well.

I added some cinnamon and dropped the baking powder/soda as I also wasn’t sure if this also affected me.

Recipe

3/4 cup hemp protein
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
    6 x organic eggs
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    3 x teaspoons cinnamon (less or more to your liking)

mix all the ingredients together and they should make a paste. Put into a bread baking tray for 60 minutes and you will have the below.

Nice one Sam, i’ll try that this weekend.

This website might give you some ideas of how to use it: http://www.proteinpow.com

also good & cheap for supplies: http://www.healthysupplies.co.uk/coconut-oil.html

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Thanks, Samm, a great addition to the recipe section. And a nice photo too, which is a good idea for just about any recipe. That way maybe we’ll know if it’s bonkers before we even taste it by the look.

Able

sammcl

Positivo wrote: how does this taste and this is awesome because it cuts out baking soda which i find to be questionable and is this little to no carbs? Stevia might help improve the taste and spread some coconut oil on it. lol

Actually tastes not bad at all. This will make my meals complete and keep me strong on this diet for a good few weeks.

I won’t let the setback of bad coconut bread set me back far!

sammcl

Ben – I think this stuff will be especially good for a post workout snack as well.

High in protein!

benc

sammcl wrote: Ben – I think this stuff will be especially good for a post workout snack as well.

High in protein!

Looks like it would & would beat the green thing i’ve gulped down since i’ve had this. Thanks 🙂

benc

I made this (& added stevia & dessicated coconut), it came out a bit dry. I left it in for an hour, do you think it would be better if I took it out at 40-45m?

1 user thanked author for this post.

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

I slather on the coconut oil whenever I eat any of the teff/buckwheat/coconut/millet bread. Tastes fine after. Alternatively you could add more water or organice yoghurt/kefir to the recipe.

Calico
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

I think I missed a little tidbit…
    I see that it goes into the oven for 60 minutes (or maybe only 45), but at what temperature?

Thanks!

cjtboy
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 26

I just tried this recipe – not bad at all, just a little bland alone. Sure it isn’t real bread, but a welcome change to a relative newbie to the candida diet.

I did adjust slightly:

– added 1 tsp baking powder (aluminum free)

– also added a bit of nutmeg (didn’t measure, as I just just grated from whole nutmeg) didn’t taste it the bread, so may add a bit more next time

– I baked @ 350 for 45 mins. I may try it @ 40 mins next time, as it was a tad dry – but not overly so. I think if I left it in for an hour in my oven, it would be super dry.

– it was also kind of a small loaf (I used a 9 x 5 x 2.5 bread pan) – so I may increase ingredients slightly next time too.

I tried a few different toppings:

1) coconut oil – was ok, nothing exciting.
    2) homemade kefir cheese (kind of looks like cream cheese) with chives, cayenne and fresh ground pepper – really good!
    3) ACV mustard – also quite good

cjtboy
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 26

Also – forgot to say, don’t forget to grease the pan slightly. I didn’t do this, and even though I used a non-stick pan, it was very hard to get the loaf out!

jakecaresforu459
    Replies: 20

Hello Sam, is it as pictured? It looks quite hard? Can I replace hemp with any other ingredient?

dave
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 34

Is this OK to use during the first week of the diet? On the strict diet list from Able it shows hemp seeds and doesnt say that it cant be use in the first week…this would really help because eggs and veggies become quite monotonous after two full weeks.

Lililisa
    Replies: 1

Just tried this recipe. I’ve been missing bread so I was excited to see how it’d come out. Somehow the 3/4 tsp salt made mine waaaayyyy too salty. So don’t be like me and add it all at once! And I followed cjtboy’s lead and added 1 tsp baking powder, but the loaf came out with a spongey consistency. I did a quick google search and apparently baking soda would’ve avoided that. Plus I added some stevia to give it a little more flavor. And 45 min at 350 degrees was definitely enough time for it. Unfortunately this go around was a flop, but I’m gonna give it another go!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hemp Protein Bread’ is closed to new replies.