Help with my confusion!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help with my confusion!

This topic contains 22 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Lucylu 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

jaydreams
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hello fellow candida acknowledging people!

Today is my first day on the diet, after discovering that almost 10 years of bad gut/skin/joint/menstral problems is more than likely to be down to candida, after i took 3 courses of antibiotics due to throat infections. THANKS CHEMICALS, YOU RUINED ME!!! I am so happy and excited to think that all of these complaints could be sorted by just adjusting my diet!!
    So far i have just had breakfast:
    an omlette, 3 organic eggs
    1/3 chopped onion
    2 cloves garlic
    1/2 teaspoon oregano
    1/3 chopped red pepper
    4 chopped cherry tomato’s
    handful of fresh organic spinach
    seasoned with sea salt and black pepper and cooked with olive oil.

Is this ok for the diet because it was ultra yummy!???

I have a few queries, first off, I am a new mummy with minimal spare money. Do i have to take all the tablet supplements to fix my gut? or can i do it with foods alone? i really cant afford to buy all the suppliments i have seen on this and other candida sites. Really hoping it can be done with just the right foods.
    I do take sea kelp tablets for the iodine, i have found these cheap locally. But when i searched for coconut oil, i couldn’t find any organic stuff for any less that £15 (around $23) a pot. that’s 3 weeks worth of nappies (dypers) for me!! not an extravagance i can afford, though it looks soooooo good for you. dissapointed!!
    Anyone know anywhere i can get it cheaper.

Thanks for your time and no doubt i’ll be asking more soon!!!

love to all xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi Jaydreams! And welcome to the forum… you’ve certainly come to the right place to rid yourself of all those nasty symptoms! I too struggled for years with skin, stomach & menstrual problems and after about 2 weeks very strictly on the diet the symptoms were way better and by 6-8 weeks pretty much gone! My skin is clear (was covered in itchy psoriasis), I’m not troubled with bloating & constipated & my periods are now a breeze! (Still a nuisance haha but I actually went swimming on day 1 last month instead of being confined to the house for the first 2 days, doubled over and changing every half hour). So if you stick to this you will see results! But it’s not always easy… the diet is the strictest you’ll find on the web some of the antifungals are yucky but it is worth it.

And far more importantly – congratulations on becoming a Mummy! The best thing in the world!! I have 4 trouble makers of varying ages but it’s what makes life worth living!

Your breakfast sounded yummy – but for now you might want to leave out the tomato and the red pepper. If you pre sautee your garlic and a red onion instead of white you’ll hardly miss the other bits as it can be just as nice! Grated courgette works well too.

In terms of the diet vs antifungals… I’m afraid you’ll have to do a bit of both to ensure a recovery. You could be at it for years otherwise with very slow progress. That said, there are things that you can eat that are also antifungal so certainly start with that. Swede is the best, as well as anything in the onion family (garlic, shallot, spring onion, red & white onion, leeks). Raw is best but I can’t stomach much of the oniony stuff (and hubby complains of the smell haha!) so I roast/ sautee lightly and also take garlic oil capsules to top it up. Last thing at night cut up a raw garlic clove and using a tea spoon and a glass of water wash it down without chewing it. Also try to eat an many anti-inflamatory foods as you can… oat bran, broccolli, artichoke… there’s a list somewhere on the forum.

Able might advise on which are the most important anti-fungals if you were just to buy a few. I know he’ll recommend the Molybdenum to minimise the die and certainly with a little baby to look after you don’t want to be dealing with headaches/ flu-like symptoms if you can avoid it. I ordered this online from a UK store so you’ll probably be able to buy it from a really good health food/ supplement store. Do your have “Heres Health”? That’s the best here for all the Solgar branded stuff and also baking bits etc.

I would suggest you buying a bottle of Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs) in your local health food store and starting with tiny amounts of that in a pint of water – 1 tea spoon at a time. I’m up to 2 dessert spoons per pint now and can swig it straight from the bottle but I don’t recommend that it will blow your head off! Also you might feel very immediate die off from ACV like being a bit light headed and woozy to your stomach. so take it slow. But at least that shows its working? Also it’s worth having this in for making homemade mayo, salad dressing, maridanes etc as it’s the only vinegar you can have.

Please be careful of buying the cheaper brands of supplements as they can have all sort of fillers & sweeteners. Maltodextrin, sucrose (or any -ose), any fillers… should all be avoided. If you’re unsure, make a note of the brand and double check on here with us first – I wasted quite a bit of money at first buying the wrong things and then reaslising they had hidden nasties.

It’s a real shame about the expense of the coconut oil – you may have seen another thread I started on that? (Able – in this instance is it better for Jaydreams to buy the cheaper brand in her local asian supermarket or should she avoid it altogether? The price of the virgin organic is just prohibitive for most people, especially at the amounts you suggest taking.)

That’s all I can think of for now, but please do ask as much as you like over your first few days/ weeks. There are plenty of people here to support you & give suggestions. I still bore the others with endless questions and I’ve been on the forum 3 months now!

Best of luck with your recovery and I look forward to getting to know you.

Lucy x

jaydreams

Wow thankyou very much for all your amazing advice and words of wisdom!!

So i should stick to greens for the first 10days/2weeks then??then bring back my beloved tomato’s and red peppers? I only ever eat red onions! i love them raw!! and i did get some lovely organic apple cider vinegar, can i start drinking that right away?
    I was looking at grapefruit seed oil and olive leaf extract too but i’m just very confused about what is totally essential and at what stages to take what?!?!?

So hard feeding my daughter (Theia, 11months) nice cheese spread on toast, and all her fruit etc!! o goshhhh it’s gonna be tough but i am desperate to do this and it’s only a few months for a lifetime of relief right?!?!

i’m about to go out and pick up some more bits now. good times! roll on good guts!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Lucylu

I know, it’s tough feeding the kids lots of yummy (& easy!) bits and you have to resist! Another benefit of this, though is that I’ve started cooking far healthier dinners for the kids too. I never gave them total rubbish but did cut corners! It does mean that I spend a lot of time in the kitchen though… and can make 6 slightly different dinners some nights: baby bits for 12 month old, anything at all for a non fussy 3 yr old, gluten free stuff for a coeliac 4 yr old, grown up dinner for a fussy teen & plenty spuds for a rugby playing hubby… oh yea and then there’s me!

I’m afraid you’ll have to avoid the tomatoes & red peppers for longer than that! They’re stage 2 items and very high in sugar. You’re still on the cleanse stage (I think) for the next week or 10 days… then you’ll move to stage 1. Have a look at the allowed foods list on the forum guidelines post. (not the main website list)

Get plenty of lemons – you should be sipping hot lemon water throught the day… half a lemon per big mug of hot water. It’s still my drink of choice months later!

No doubt able will get back to you on the more “scientific” aspects later in the day (those americans are still all in bed now!!).

Talk later.

Lx

jaydreams

ok cool…..the eggs thing though, they aren’t on the list but i keep reading posts where able says its ok to eat them in the cleanse?? am i reading the wrong list? or maybe its my “foggy brain” heeheee!!!
    do i taje coconut oil in the first stage?? is there something i’m missing on this site? like a table of what to have when???

jaydreams

ok so i have just read a couple of pages i totally missed!! the cleanse!! o goshhh!! really!! why does the planet make it so expensive for you to be healthy?!?!

so no eggs then? i’m gonna die!

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

jaydreams wrote: ok so i have just read a couple of pages i totally missed!! the cleanse!! o goshhh!! really!! why does the planet make it so expensive for you to be healthy?!?!

so no eggs then? i’m gonna die!

Are you reading the website? You want to be reading the forum. Start with this http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1922_Index-of-Posts.aspx

Lucylu

on the allowed foods list…

HIGH PROTEIN SOURCES

Organic eggs should be your main source of protein during the detox period as well as the diet if possible.
    After the detox, organic chicken, sparingly, two times a week or three when absolutely necessary)
    Young, certified sustainable by MSC fish such as sardines or herrings; Vital Choice online is a good source. Wild salmon is also a good choice.

(You can’t blame baby brain at 11 months on haha… so muct be the brain fog alright!!)

jaydreams

that’s much better thankyou!! right i think i know what i need to know now! xxxxx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Many thanks to you members across the pond, Lucy and Javizy, for handling this post before we Americans stopped our dreaming and crawled out of bed. You know, when Raster and I were handling all of the questions ourselves, usually the folks over there waited well over half a day for our response. And as late as it is for you now, consider that Raster is on the west coast of the US and I’m on the east, meaning I’m three hours ahead of him. If I wasn’t such a lazy bum I would have been up at 2 AM back then responding to their posts. But guess who wasn’t up at 2 AM … unless he hadn’t made it to bed by then. Thanks again. I just have a few comments to add to your responses.

Quote (Lucy): “Able – in this instance is it better for Jaydreams to buy the cheaper brand in her local asian supermarket or should she avoid it altogether?”

Reply: Jay, go ahead and purchase the cheaper coconut oil if you want to; considering the huge difference in price, hopefully you’ll be able to use more of the oil by taking it alone in a teaspoon as well as using it for all your cooking needs. Even if it isn’t ‘organic virgin’ oil it’s still coconut oil, and using a lot more will hopefully help to make up for some of the lesser attributes.

And Jay, the two posts below are the ones to keep close and refer to every day, especially during the first few weeks until you’re accustomed to when to do what and exactly which foods to eat and which to leave alone.

The Protocol:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Diet (Food List):
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

If your money is very limited, just remember to eat strictly from the list on the link above; and if you can afford a few antifungals, it would be frugal to use whole food sources. Be sure to make one of those the coconut oil – the reason for this is because it’s also a whole-food choice which has a double use; it’s a great antifungal (will kill the Candida) and second, it’s a nutrient-filled food source which will supply you with needed calories later on as well as other nutrients.
    Other antifungals can be all or any of the following foods; swede, raw or cooked garlic, onions, in addition, for their prebiotic properties, artichokes, sauerkraut, oat bran and brown rice bran, plus any high fiber green vegetables are all beneficial.

Remember to avoid red meat and pork as much as possible, and drink tons of water throughout the treatment period.

Let us know if you have other questions.
    Able

Lucylu

Well it’s about bl&*dy time you got out of bed Able!!! I really am surprised at you for not setting the alarm at 2am to deal with these “foreign” enquiries… but then I guess that’s why you’ve got us here! I

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lucylu wrote: Well it’s about bl&*dy time you got out of bed Able!!! I really am surprised at you for not setting the alarm at 2am to deal with these “foreign” enquiries… but then I guess that’s why you’ve got us here! I

You got that right. I figure you guys can stay off of Ebay and Youtube long enough to take care of these questions until we yanks decide to get up, right?

Curious is the expletive you didn’t spell out; it implies that you see the word ‘bl__dy’ (with two O’s) as being a word that shouldn’t be spoken in public. Yet, in the US we wouldn’t think twice about saying or typing it, so the different cultures seem to show up very distinctly in this manner. I’ve been to the UK twice, and I’ve always found it interesting how often the same word used in both the US and certain spots Europe have similar but different interpretations; in the case of this word, both being expletives of a sort, yet seen very differently depending on which side of the pond you sit. Sorry for the boring observation, seemed interesting at the time.

níos déanaí
    Able

Lucylu

Yes, it is interesting. In general here in Ireland we swear an awful lot. The F word is used in every 2nd sentence but not in a harsh or aggressive way, it’s just slipped in there for emphasis. We also have a softer alternative “feck” which isn’t seen as being a swear word at all! My best friend recently met her english boyfriends Mum for the first time… during the discussion the Mum said something astounding and D said “Feck Off?!!” (as in “get outta here, no way?!!) and the Mum nearly fell off her perch! She was proclaimed a highly unsuitable match for her son haha!!

We also love to add the f word in the middle of another word like for example… “absafuckinglutely”!

We also blaspheme in a way that make a sailor blush, even giving our Lord extra intitials that no-one knows what they mean… “Jesus H Christ” for example. (highness?!)

But I’m a bit of a prude I’m afraid and I just don’t swear that much so couldn’t even type the word to you!! Feel like I’m 10 years old!! My hubby does swear (its a pre requisite for being a successful rugby player!!), an awful lot and I’m just amazed the kids haven’t picked up on it at all! They literally have never repeated one word of it… maybe because he uses it so conversationally and never directed AT anyone. Also because I don’t flinch or shush him, they just haven’t realised those words are “naughty”. My 3 year old says “dammit” every now & then which she thinks is extremely naughty and she got that from me not him! I also say bloody a bit if I’m very angry or exasperated but wouldn’t in front of my Mum or the kids!! And I never blaspheme, it’s just not me.

Speaking of curses… my 3 & 4 year olds were having a shouting match yesterday… things like “you smell” and “you’re stupid” (a word which is banned in our house, along with the word Fat) and then he shouted at her “well, you’ve got buckwheat hair!”!!! And they couldn’t understand why I nearly fell over laughing at them!

Now Feck off and get back to answering those posts!

Lx

GayBofill
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

Oh, is swearing part of the protocol?

Hah. New York humor.

GB

GayBofill
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 34

Oh, is swearing part of the protocol?

GB

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Help with my confusion!’ is closed to new replies.