Help with Antifungals

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Help with Antifungals

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Cally 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Cally
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 14

I have started taking oil of oregano over the past week or so, but I have heard mixed views about rotating antifungals. The last thing I want is for the candida to become immune to oil of oregano as I had a stool analysis done and it showed that this was the most beneficial in fighting candida for me.

I am finding it difficult to obtain the other antifungals from my local health store and wondered whether I could stop taking oil of oregano after two weeks and have a two week break just taking coconut oil, or do I really need to take another antifungal such as red thyme oil. Apparently capryllic is not as effective for me according to my stool test so I am unsure what to do.

If anyone could offer some advice it would be greatly appreciated as I am fast approaching two weeks on oil of oregano!

Cally

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I don’t know where you read that you should take oil of oregano for only 2 weeks, but you can take it as much as you want. I personally would limit its use to about 6-8 weeks if you are looking for maximum benefit.

I’ve been taking black walnut extract for the last 6 months or so and I am still taking it because it is still effective and its not for candida only, but parasites as well.

Only stop taking things if they seem to be no longer effective.

Caprylic acid is the only one that I know about that candida adapts to the easiest.

-raster

jo2212
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 48

I wouldn’t use an antifungal till it is ineffective but you can definitely use it for longer than two weeks at a time, maybe try to rotate monthly.

Which antifungals came up effective for you? I may be able to help you source them.

Jo

Cally

I have found it difficult to find black walnut, I know oil of oregano is effective as I had a stool analysis done. Caprylic acid is not as effective. I also take garlic supplements and cook my morning eggs with coconut oil. I’m not sure whether I should stop taking the Oil of Oregano for a little while, if so are the other antifungals I am taking enough? Or do I need to add something else?

Cally

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Contine with the oil of oregano until the bottle is done or 6-8 weeks or so. Continue with it longer if you want. I would then start another one. 2-3 at a time is just fine.

-raster

killian1975
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I think oil of oregano are anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
    And I think that with most of these things, you need to be supporting
    the good bacteria with pre/probiotics while killing off the bad.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

After much studying as well as a lot of experience with the influence of various antifungals on the final outcome of a Candida albicans infestation, I can confidently say that the infestation can be cured by using just two antifungals, “providing” the two you use are coconut oil and oregano oil and also providing you can afford to purchase commercial probiotics as well as kefir grains and use both of these on a regular basis when the time comes to do so. In fact, if someone told me that they could afford to purchase only three different supplements during their entire treatment, I would suggest that they purchase coconut oil, commercial probiotic capsules, and kefir grains. The fact is, antifungals do not have the ability of curing a Candida infestation, but together, the three supplements I named can.

As far as the Candida adapting to oregano oil is concerned, I have never found solid research showing that the Candida can or cannot adapt to oregano oil, but through my own experience, my assumption is that they cannot. However, it will not make a difference in your progress if you take the oil of oregano for two weeks straight and then stop it for 5 days before starting it again. I would continue taking the coconut oil on a daily basis as the Candida cannot adapt to it.

Certain foods can also act as very strong antifungals; two of the most powerful foods for this purpose are rutabaga and Brussels sprouts. Be careful if you eat one of these for the first time as they are capable of causing die-off symptoms.

Able

Cally

Thank you for the responses! I will have a short break from the oregano then and then go back to it again and repeat.

Thanks again

Cally

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Help with Antifungals’ is closed to new replies.