Help! What am I doing wrong?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help! What am I doing wrong?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Positivo 7 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mariegirl
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 45

I’m on my 7th week of the candida diet. The first 5 weeks were good and encouraging. I lost all the fatigue that I was suffering with. I was only having problems with insomnia. But, even that didn’t seem to be too hard now that it wasn’t coupled with the fatigue.

The last 2 weeks things seemed to change. The insomnia seems to have gotten worse, or maybe just effecting me more. It seems that I’m getting my usual amount of sleep and sometimes even more; between 5-7 hours a night. But, I’m very tired.

My stomach is always unsettled; blotted, nauseous, crampy, and gassy. It’s always making gurgling noises, I feel that I need to have a bowel movement, but can’t.

My diet:

Morning

Hot water and a small glass of homemade kefir

1 hour later

buckwheat pancake with spinach and herbs ( my stomach doesn’t like eggs in the morning)
    stir fry of onions, zucchini, broccoli, and cauliflower
    But sometimes, I’ll fry onions and zucchini and spinach and throw an egg in it.
    When my stomach isn’t very good, I’ll have cream of buckwheat. It’s boring and bland, but it goes down good and no complaints from my stomach.

Lunch

Salad of mixed greens, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, and boiled egg
    dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs
    1 piece of toasted buckwheat or coconut bread with 1 tsp. Coconut oil. (only because I don’t want to lose any more weight.) I usually regret having it, because it makes me too full.
    Sometimes just the salad makes me nauseous and uncomfortable.

Supper

veggies with eggplant dip, or steamed green beans or both, or a stir fry with allowed vegetables. Sometimes I make another salad without egg and avocado and throw in some black beans. I also like kale chips which I make with olive oil and salt.

an egg (if I can stomach it), or chicken (2x week). I can’t have fish because my husband is very allergic to it and can’t even smell it.

I fry with coconut oil only.

Before bed

small glass of kefir (This sometimes settles my stomach)

I drink between 2-3 litres of water a day
    I take molybdenum in the morning, noon and at supper
    calcium with magnesium and vitamin C, vitamins a and d at supper
    SF722 – 5 pills a day
    I take an iron supplement from the doctor, not with calcium, but with my vitamin C at lunch
    A probiotic before bed
    swedish herbs after each meal

Does this sound reasonable? Why is my stomach so upset? What am I doing wrong?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

i’m not an expert on candida, but I do know a fair bit about hormone optimization, so if your having trouble sleeping perhaps start taking magnesium (200-800mg per day, depending on size).
    Some people also find 5htp helps, but read up on that before you take it, some people don’t get on with it, its a serotonin booster, which is basically what “carbs” do to the body. Which is why when you don’t have candida or sugar issues, they are best eaten at night (despite the fact people tend to think its the other way round & choose to start the day with a high carb breakfast – toast, cereal, etc, etc).

mariegirl

The calcium I take has the forum required magnesium in them. This insomnia has been around for about 15 years or so. It has gotten worse with menopause. I have tried all the natural supplements out there and to no avail. I’m not so concerned with the sleep (I am, but I don’t think a candida diet will fix it) as much as I am about the stomach problems.

mariegirl

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

mariegirl wrote: I’m on my 7th week of the candida diet. The first 5 weeks were good and encouraging. I lost all the fatigue that I was suffering with. I was only having problems with insomnia. But, even that didn’t seem to be too hard now that it wasn’t coupled with the fatigue.

The last 2 weeks things seemed to change. The insomnia seems to have gotten worse, or maybe just effecting me more. It seems that I’m getting my usual amount of sleep and sometimes even more; between 5-7 hours a night. But, I’m very tired.

My stomach is always unsettled; blotted, nauseous, crampy, and gassy. It’s always making gurgling noises, I feel that I need to have a bowel movement, but can’t.

My diet:

Morning

Hot water and a small glass of homemade kefir

1 hour later

buckwheat pancake with spinach and herbs ( my stomach doesn’t like eggs in the morning)
    stir fry of onions, zucchini, broccoli, and cauliflower
    But sometimes, I’ll fry onions and zucchini and spinach and throw an egg in it.
    When my stomach isn’t very good, I’ll have cream of buckwheat. It’s boring and bland, but it goes down good and no complaints from my stomach.

Lunch

Salad of mixed greens, cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, avocado, and boiled egg
    dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and herbs
    1 piece of toasted buckwheat or coconut bread with 1 tsp. Coconut oil. (only because I don’t want to lose any more weight.) I usually regret having it, because it makes me too full.
    Sometimes just the salad makes me nauseous and uncomfortable.

Supper

veggies with eggplant dip, or steamed green beans or both, or a stir fry with allowed vegetables. Sometimes I make another salad without egg and avocado and throw in some black beans. I also like kale chips which I make with olive oil and salt.

an egg (if I can stomach it), or chicken (2x week). I can’t have fish because my husband is very allergic to it and can’t even smell it.

I fry with coconut oil only.

Before bed

small glass of kefir (This sometimes settles my stomach)

I drink between 2-3 litres of water a day
    I take molybdenum in the morning, noon and at supper
    calcium and vitamin C, vitamins a and d at supper
    SF722 – 5 pills a day
    I take an iron supplement from the doctor, not with calcium, but with my vitamin C at lunch
    A probiotic before bed

Does this sound reasonable? Why is my stomach so upset? What am I doing wrong?

Hi mariegirl,

What I noticed was black beans. As you are on week 7 I doubt that you are on reintroducing phase of the diet so these were not be allowed I believe. Correct me if I’m wrong. I’m not sure how often you are eating it but perhaps you are not ready for that much starch?

I had similar symptoms to yours few weeks back. One thing that I noticed was that too much fiber was bugging my stomach. I had an endoscopy done and it turns out I also have stomach hernia and erosion caused by acid being pushed back so I am more careful with lemon on an empty stomach now.

So what I first done to make it easier on my stomach was I reduced the fiber a bit and this was easier on my stomach. By reducing fiber I mean watch out for high fiber foods combined on the same day. I had lettuce, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, leeks, celery etc. all on the same salad and could not digest it. I had a huge salad every day, but in about two weeks my stomach just crashed on it and I had nausea and stomach pains and gas etc. I reduced salads a little bit and have a cooked egg with steamed veggies (not more than two or three combined) in place of few of those salads. It helps for now. I was also instructed by my doctor to eat more smaller meals instead of three big ones. That helps as well.

Eggplant is sometimes to tough on my stomach, not sure why, so you can try and skip this one few days and see if it gets better or not.

You can try and see if this helps you at all.

Arijana

mariegirl

Thanks orka. I will try it. But, it’s a lot easy to take a salad places than bringing steamed vegetables. I’ll work it out.

mariegirl

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

mariegirl wrote: Thanks orka. I will try it. But, it’s a lot easy to take a salad places than bringing steamed vegetables. I’ll work it out.

mariegirl

I know! This diet makes you tougher and able to eat pretty much anything. I eat my meals cold as we don’t have a microwave at work. Got used to it and don’t mind it much anymore. Using olive oil helps, doubt that I would be able to do it on other fat.

I still eat salads, but not as large portions and try not to combine to much fiber in them.

Arijana

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider rotating your meals or sides, salads, etc. If you get variety , then this is most beneficial to your health.

For instance, rotate buckwheat and oat bran in morning/lunch. Rotate bucwkheat/quinoa/rice for dinner (just as example). If you eat rice 1-2x per week it won’t set you back very much at all.

Rotate the veggies you eat.

Try to snack more if possible instead of large meals.

-raster

mariegirl

I thought we weren’t allowed rice till later on?

mariegirl

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Just using it as an example…

Positivo
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 246

Im having a similar problem. 4 weeks in I was great but I’m 6 weeks into the diet and I’m gassy all the time and I go from constipation to diarrhea. I don’t get it. I decided to cut oatbran and buckwheat out for the rest of the treatment or at least for 3 months before I reintroduce it. I felt better today by eating smaller meals and waiting at least an hour before drinking water and taking my supplements after meals. This could also be die off. I don’t know. I hope this helps.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Help! What am I doing wrong?’ is closed to new replies.