Help on starting the Cleanse/Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Help on starting the Cleanse/Diet

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Maine
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hey everyone,

so glad i found this forum! I’ve been dealing with recurring yeast infections for six to eight months now which as you know is really frustrating. I went to a doctor several times and got fluconazol prescribed which did seem to help a bit but came right back few weeks later.
    A couple of months ago i had a sinus infection, a month after which i had H. pylori, which were both treated with antibiotics! After this it seems like my yeast infections have gotten a lot worse.

My diet is generally quite low in sugar, i eat limited carbs, and i eat lots of yoghurt. So i thought i was doing a lot of things right. After reading through a bunch of posts on here though i’d like to start on the candida cleanse/diet. I thought about for a couple of days just eating veggies, coconut oil and yoghurt. Is that a good start? Does anyone actually have the diet plan that they could send me?

Really looking forward to hearing from you and would be so glad for any help and advice you can give me! Don’t really know what to do anymore, nothing I do seems to help :S

barnmouse
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 53

Hi Maine, welcome to the forum.

Antibiotics will definitely make things worse, not better. You may find it easier to transition from the diet you’re on to the strict forum diet. I had what I considered a very healthy diet before going on the forum diet, but I still found it helpful to first slowly eliminate certain foods I shouldn’t be eating while following the strict diet.

I would check out the protocol, which will answer most of your questions. It specifically lists when you should introduce specific things, including vitamins, antifungals and probiotics. http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_The-Protocol–Able900-and-Raster.aspx

For the strict forum diet that many of us follow, you can message Able900.

RickiH
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 16

My telltale symptoms were also yeast infections and sinus infections. I had 3 sinus infections in the space of 4 months, and eventually only the strongest antibiotics worked–but of course, ultimately made the candida worse. I have since been using a neti pot and irrigating my sinuses on a regular basis any time I feel even the slightest sinus symptoms, and it has worked to keep that at bay.

Re: yogurt, some practitioners don’t recommend it because it has lots of natural sugars (lactose), even though it also has probiotics. And cow dairy is a huge allergen for a lot of people. If you eat yogurt, sheep’s yogurt or goat yogurt might be better.

It’s a tough diet, but in the long run, it is worth it! Hang in there.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Maine;46117 wrote: I thought about for a couple of days just eating veggies, coconut oil and yoghurt. Is that a good start? Does anyone actually have the diet plan that they could send me?

Hello, and welcome to the forum.
    You don’t want to start a diet or cleanse and add something like coconut oil at the same time because it could make the Candida die-off toxins too strong for you to handle while going about your daily routine; in other words, it would probably make you very ill.

Check your inbox on the forum for the diet and protocol information. If you have questions about any of the information, just keep this thread going with your questions.

Able

Maine
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Thanks everyone for your feedback!

So I’ve been following the detox for a week now (including coconut oil since that was already part of my diet before). I’m just wondering how fast you’re supposed to see results? I’ve been fine for the whole week but now I’m seeing the usual yeast infection symptoms again. Maybe I’m a bit too impatiient with this but as you can imagine it’s super frustrating and discouraging to keep going with the diet..

Has anyone heard of the three day coconut oil detox or tried it? Any thoughts on it?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Maine;46473 wrote: Thanks everyone for your feedback!

So I’ve been following the detox for a week now (including coconut oil since that was already part of my diet before). I’m just wondering how fast you’re supposed to see results? I’ve been fine for the whole week but now I’m seeing the usual yeast infection symptoms again. Maybe I’m a bit too impatiient with this but as you can imagine it’s super frustrating and discouraging to keep going with the diet..

Has anyone heard of the three day coconut oil detox or tried it? Any thoughts on it?

If there is any one thing you should learn about a Candida treatment, it’s the importance of taking it slow which means you’re going to need as much patience as you can manage. If you disregard the warnings about going too fast with a treatment, you could easily poison your body with the die-off toxins, this includes damaging your liver.

I’ve never heard of a three day coconut oil cleanse, but if it’s anything like it sounds, I would definitely advise against it at this point in your treatment.

The return of symptoms such as a yeast infection during a cleanse or the protocol are often caused by the toxins leaving your body.

Able

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Help on starting the Cleanse/Diet’ is closed to new replies.