help!!! need some advice!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions help!!! need some advice!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mellow 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mellow
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 8

Hello All,

I have been on the candida diet since the 27th of feb. Its been very hard for me their is no way of getting most of the products recommended on the protocol in this country. So this is what i have been doing… you´ll probably think its a mess but its the best I can do. Taking my location and budget into account.

150mg Fluconazole for the last 8 days
    planing on toping off with 300 for today and tomorrow and then stoping.

nystatin 500,000u 4 times a day

breakfast eggs with veggies

lunch salad with veg and eggs or chicken

snacks – plantain chips / hummus with lots of garlic / babaganoush (aubergine dip)

dinner grilled or sauted veg with chicken, meat, or shrimp

Hibiscus tea, ginger infusions, water with cinnamon through out the day
    not taking molybdenum supplements, because not available in this country but eating plenty of cucumber which i think contains it not sure its enough.

Stopped calcium supplement as ran out but eating plenty of sesame seeds, almonds and pumpkin seeds for magnesium, calcium and zinc.

I had whole* oats today for the first time not sure what my reaction is yet a bit uncomfortable my chest a bit tight like asthma symptoms. ( I think I messed up the diet with this as had been getting better with a couple exceptions)

Not sure if i should continue the fluconazole was adviced to take it for 10 days..
    I´m scared what will happen when I stop.. will continue nistatin for another week started that on 26 of feb.

P.s my naturopath is a bit clueless and about candida as gave me some bad advice early on so i need all the help I can get.. have no where else to go =(

Thankx guys!

P.s Able had to make new user as forgot my log in details in case this story sounds familiar.. 🙂

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

mellow wrote: Hello All,

I have been on the candida diet since the 27th of feb. Its been very hard for me their is no way of getting most of the products recommended on the protocol in this country. So this is what i have been doing… you´ll probably think its a mess but its the best I can do. Taking my location and budget into account.

150mg Fluconazole for the last 8 days
    planing on toping off with 300 for today and tomorrow and then stoping.

nystatin 500,000u 4 times a day

breakfast eggs with veggies

lunch salad with veg and eggs or chicken

snacks – plantain chips / hummus with lots of garlic / babaganoush (aubergine dip)

dinner grilled or sauted veg with chicken, meat, or shrimp

Hibiscus tea, ginger infusions, water with cinnamon through out the day
    not taking molybdenum supplements, because not available in this country but eating plenty of cucumber which i think contains it not sure its enough.

Stopped calcium supplement as ran out but eating plenty of sesame seeds, almonds and pumpkin seeds for magnesium, calcium and zinc.

I had whole* oats today for the first time not sure what my reaction is yet a bit uncomfortable my chest a bit tight like asthma symptoms. ( I think I messed up the diet with this as had been getting better with a couple exceptions)

Not sure if i should continue the fluconazole was adviced to take it for 10 days..
    I´m scared what will happen when I stop.. will continue nistatin for another week started that on 26 of feb.

P.s my naturopath is a bit clueless and about candida as gave me some bad advice early on so i need all the help I can get.. have no where else to go =(

Thankx guys!

P.s Able had to make new user as forgot my log in details in case this story sounds familiar.. 🙂

Obviously you are doing the best you can, so I say you are doing good. Ditch the seeds and keep the almonds. The seeds and most nuts contain molds which is toxic to yourself during treatment, it will not help your liver. The plantain chips are they commercial or homemade? They are not crazy high in carbs but they are high in sugar so ditch them for now… Eat Kale chips instead way more nutrients and taste great. Is the hummus homemade? what about babaganoush?
    Replace the whole oats with oat bran. Oat bran is non starchy, contains more fibre, and contains soluble fibre which is a prebiotic that will feed the good bacteria. Without the Molybdenum use Milk Thistle that also protects the liver. If you can get some Virgin Coconut Oil, some studies show that Caprylic Acid the desired fat in VCO is more effective than Nystatin. But eat Coconut Oil as a whole and Caprylic Acid as a supplement if you can. Personally I would ditch my Naturopath if they are giving you bad advice or they clearly do not know what they are talking about. Either find another or go to your General Practitioner i.e. Family Doctor.

Fluconazole is a great anti fungal as is Nystatin don’t get me wrong, however the former is hard on the liver, not only from the Yeast dying off called “die off” but also from the way it gets absorbed into the bloodstream and metabolized by the liver. So no longer than 1 month on the Fluconazole without liver enzyme testing. I will post here all the information that you need regarding the protocol and treatment. You need a quality probiotic to replace all of those dying yeast. Forms of probiotics are Yoghurt, Kefir, Sauerkraut, Kimchi, Commercial Probiotics. Kefir will be the most beneficial and cheapest source of probiotics on your treatment, they cost about $2 for 3 Tbsp and they will only grow and only require sugar it is excellent. But a good multi strain high dose probiotic that contains Lactobacillus Acidophilus DDS1.

Read these all very carefully take notes because there is a lot of information.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1108_Lactobacillus-acidophilus-DDS1.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_topics6_Candida-Recipes.aspx

Snacks Candida Friendly Bread http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst746_Coconut-Flour-Bread.aspx
    You can substitute the breads if you cannot find them with other non glutinous grains except rice flour.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I second stopping the seeds, but I’d like to suggest not eating the nuts. If you continue to eat them daily, you could become allergic to them in time. Candida can adapt to almost anything, so if you are giving it one or two sources to live on, then it won’t die as well as you’d like.

I’d consider trying out SF722 undecenoic acid as your next antifungal. It’s a very effective long term one that candida cannot adapt to easily. There are lots of options of course.

I’d start to eat more as well, try to eat 3-4 course meals. There are lots of options and you’ve gotta research ways to eat til your full. Stick to the allowed foods list on the forum.

I’d get a high strain high count probiotic and start eating greek yogurt and kefir.

The more antifungals you use the more die-off you will experience, so reduce what you are using if you want less die-off. I’d also consider trying some detox teas if available. If you can find a product called candidate, this is a decent replacement for molybdenum as well.

Try to get a calcium/magnesium/zinc multivitamin. Get some vitamin C (with bioflavanoids) and some more vitamins/supplements if you can. Cod liver oil is a great anti-inflammatory as an example. We can give you a big list of course.

-raster

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I would like to add that since hummus is made out of chickpeas, I don’t think you should eat it in first phase of your treatment if you are following the same protocol we are here. Home made tahin might be fine by itself or the one that contains nothing but sesame seeds, but test it first and see if you are sensitive to it. Sesame seeds have antifungal properties as well so they might be good for your treatment and since tahin is made out of roasted sesame, the danger of mold is minimal in my opinion.

This post is about products for Europe, but I do think they ship to most of the world. Check if they will ship to where you are: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm12680_Product-Sources–Europe.aspx#post12680

Good luck!

Arijana

mellow

Thank you all so much for your advice! I will quit the plantain chips (store bought) definitely and leave the chickpeas for now =(

Yesterday I bought grape seed oil (doh) had confused it for grape seed extract. I can´t find coconut oil here but there is plenty of real coconuts and dehydrated coconut not sure if these are good in anyway.

I really don´t think that I can get the SF722 undecenoic acid any time soon. (A because I was so ill and this happened when i just started a new job i kind of got fired in a nice way so I do freelance design now, meaning budget is a bit tight till i can find a stable job not in a hurry since the process can be stress full and might not help my healing process – Catch 22!)

Anyway, I got some castor oil and did a compress yesterday it seemed to help i feel like my lymphatic system is moving around more. I had THE WORST sinus congestion, block ears(watery feeling) , nasal drip, lump in my throat ever; this has all been helped by the diet too its not completely gone but much better.

Sorry guys if this is long just kinda venting here lol.

AND The BRAIN FOG!

omgs like living with tunnel vision in slow motion and having the brain power of a pebble.

Thank you all for listening and sharing your knowledge

p.s ( I do make my own hummus and babaganoush)

mellow

By the way would tasting the nuts kill the fungus in theory or only distilled water?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘help!!! need some advice!’ is closed to new replies.