Help!! I'm soooooo hungry!!!!

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Help!! I'm soooooo hungry!!!!

This topic contains 21 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Keya 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Butterfly68
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi All,

Started the diet two days ago and I’m just so hungry all the time. Didn’t want to go too strict since I have Meniere’s disease and I just don’t know how I will react. What can we have as snacks?
    I’m also doing the LiverDetox from RenewLife which lasts 30 days. After the 30 days are up, I will start with the antifungals.

So here’s what I basically eat :

AM
    Eggs with olive oil
    Brussel sprouts

Lunch
    Chicken
    Salad with Hemp seeds with olive oil and lemon

PM
    Fish
    Green beans with olive oil

I sometimes take a tablespoonful of almond butter (when I get too dizzy from hypoglycemia).
    I also have Nettle Leaf and Chamomile herbal tea a few times a day and I drink about 2 to 3 litres of water (3 glasses with lemon in it).
    I had to start taking psyllium powder since I’m having problems in that department.

Am I doing this right?

Butterfly68

Forgot to ask something. I’m cooking a whole chicken in my crockpot today and planning to use the chicken stock to make a soup with vegetables tomorrow. Is that ok?

reds119
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

I feel you pain. I have started this diet in Nov. failed and retried. I think you can make a vegetarian broth to drink. There is a recipe on this website for it along with food (vegetables) you can have. I am new to this but will help you as much as possible. Change in their it can only get better right?

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i am getting a dehydrater so i can make veggie crackers with homemade guacamole,i hear im always hungry to !

Jujublue
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 20

I’ve been doing the diet for over 17 weeks you just kind of get over the feeling of being hungry eventually. Plus, I try to eat small amounts of stuff throughout the day. An afternoon glass of green juice seems to help. I juice 2 cucumbers, a slice of ginger, a lemon, and a handful of spinach and sweeten it with stevia. Hope that helps 🙂

Butterfly68

Jujublue;34180 wrote: I’ve been doing the diet for over 17 weeks you just kind of get over the feeling of being hungry eventually. Plus, I try to eat small amounts of stuff throughout the day. An afternoon glass of green juice seems to help. I juice 2 cucumbers, a slice of ginger, a lemon, and a handful of spinach and sweeten it with stevia. Hope that helps 🙂

Juicing….interesting. I might just do that. Never tried it without any fruits in.

Thank you.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Juice is great! My favorite combination currently is kale, cucumber, celery, parsley, lots of ginger, lots of lemon.

I eat veggie sticks with guacamole fairly often. With all the fiber and fat, it’s pretty filling. You could probably also keep a few hard-boiled eggs around for when you just really need to eat something ASAP (besides a celery stick :p ).

Stick with it, it gets better (eventually)!

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

If you get hungry, just eat more veggies! I know, bleah, what a boring snack, but they can keep you going. You just have to eat often.

Once you’ve added in coconut flour, the coconut bread is a great way to sustain between meals. Also, coconut oil is satiating and you can put melted coconut oil on pretty much anything and everything.

klips32
    Participant
    Topics: 65
    Replies: 183

If you really only eat what you list there, it’s no wonder that you starve a lot.

Eat 6 times a day, add more oils and vegs that are allowed on the diet, some of them contain some carbohydrates.

One serving of asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, green beans, and iceberg lettuce contains 2 g of sugar.
    One serving of green cabbage contains 3 g of sugar.
    A serving of bell pepper contains 4 g of sugar.
    One serving of onion contains 9 g of sugar.
    A serving of broccoli contains 4 g of sugar.

Rutabagas are recommended as an every-day-antifungal on the protocol; they contain 10 grams of sugar per serving.

Avocados can be eaten daily on the diet; one avocado contains approximately 17 grams of carbohydrates.

You can track your meal energy levels on some fitness websites, but try to look at your weight, if you loose weight to fast, get more food.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Butterfly,

I would look at trying to double or increase the amount you eat by a minimum of 1/3. This is how my wife eats but I don’t think its good enough for the diet because your body is burning a lot of energy to heal.

-raster

Lori5307
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

I’m brand new here as of today so I hear ya! It’s tough! Eat lots and lots of what you can have. And planning is required I found that works for me. I’m dreading my awful dinner tonight with vegetables and broth basically but I will eat till I’m stuffed! I’ve been battling this for a long time and am finally doing something proper about it!

Good luck!

Forrest808

yeah it does suck having green smoothies without any fruits but youll get used to it , i have a bunch of good ones if your interested . and another good snack you can eat is sliced egg plant fried in butter with cinnamon on top 🙂 its really good tasting ! and try bringing boiled eggs with you or make deviled eggs. Avos are great for on the go too , also some health food stores have a bread/cracker made from nothing but seeds , that with sunflower seed butter is great , also celery and sunflower seed butter is good

just know this diet works wonders when done properly , dont give up !

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Forrest808;34929 wrote: yeah it does suck having green smoothies without any fruits but youll get used to it , i have a bunch of good ones if your interested . and another good snack you can eat is sliced egg plant fried in butter with cinnamon on top 🙂 its really good tasting ! and try bringing boiled eggs with you or make deviled eggs. Avos are great for on the go too , also some health food stores have a bread/cracker made from nothing but seeds , that with sunflower seed butter is great , also celery and sunflower seed butter is good

just know this diet works wonders when done properly , dont give up !

Hey – sorry to interject, but many folks find that seeds are harmful on the diet and make their symptoms worse or hinder their healing. They are not on the strict diet. Butter isn’t either, but coconut oil is good for frying 🙂

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

I’m brand new here as of today so I hear ya! It’s tough! Eat lots and lots of what you can have. And planning is required I found that works for me. I’m dreading my awful dinner tonight with vegetables and broth basically but I will eat till I’m stuffed! I’ve been battling this for a long time and am finally doing something proper about it!

so true!

Planning is KEY. I prep as many veggies as I can when I get home from the market. On sundays I use my food processer to set me up for the week. I chop 3 to 4 onions, a head of broccoli and keep them in the fridge for cooking throughout the week. It’s super easy to whip up a scramble if there’s no chopping to do

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

Definitely check the recipe section of the forum… I have gotten lots of good ideas from it. Try to eat an avocado every day, so delicious. They are very filling and have tons of fiber! Also, try to prepare ahead of time like Mrs. Candida said, I am five weeks into diet and I feel better. My stomach is actually worse, but my lip rash is at bay now, which really bothered me. I am hoping to cut back on some of the herbal stuff I am doing in 3 or 4 weeks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Help!! I'm soooooo hungry!!!!’ is closed to new replies.