Help finding right foods

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Help finding right foods

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Keya 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

not4sakn
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

Seems the more websites I read about foods that are and arent acceptable, the more confused I become. There’s a lot of conflicting information floating around online and apparently within the forums as well.

Some say you can have brown rice and redskin potatoes in moderation others do not. Some say low sugar fruits are ok, others do not. I’ve read that almond milk is approved then turn to another site and they dont encourage it.

I’m already gluten free so altering my diet isnt a concern I’m just trying to get answers and find out whats really acceptable and whats not. Even meal plans throughout the day would be nice.

I workout so hitting atleast 2k calories or more a day is needed but it seems so hard with no carbs. What protein powders are allowed? I read to stay away from soy. I know healthy fats are allowed but I just need some clarification on somethings if you guys dont mind..

Thanks in advance

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

I don’t have time to make a long post now but I just wanted to quickly say that low carbs is not what you should be shooting for. Low sugars sure, but keep carbs up. If you eat too low carbs candida will start becoming very aggressive and switch to it’s nasty fungal form. It’s much easier to treat in a yeast form and less resistant to antifungals. Of course you don’t want to overdo the carbs, but find good moderation. The second question is what source are the carbs coming from? I would choose something that is prebiotic such as buckwheat or oat bran. Make sure the carbs you choose to eat are benefiting you. Thats really the key to a candida or any type of diet. Just asking yourself how does this food I’m about to eat help me? But everyone is different so you need to find out what works for you.

not4sakn
    Participant
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

Thanks for the reply.

Most sites say to avoid brown rice and even quinoa while others say its ok. If I’m not able to eat certain whole grains or redskin potatoes, whats the best way to consume my carbs? Are they strictly from veggies?

Is there a ratio I should look for? Like 30% of daily calories from protein, 40% fat, and 30% complex carbs?

Tdog333
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 245

not4sakn;53198 wrote: Thanks for the reply.

Most sites say to avoid brown rice and even quinoa while others say its ok. If I’m not able to eat certain whole grains or redskin potatoes, whats the best way to consume my carbs? Are they strictly from veggies?

Is there a ratio I should look for? Like 30% of daily calories from protein, 40% fat, and 30% complex carbs?

I like oat bran a lot, I can give you a good granola recipe if you’d like. Some people say oat bran doesn’t digest well but I eat a lot of it and have no problems, so you’d have to test it. The good thing about oat bran is it feeds lacto and bifido bacteria very well. So it will help you regrow those beneficial bacteria in a way.

I’d hold off on the quinoa and brown rice until you feel confident things are more under control, but that’s up to you. Just make sure you aren’t starving yourself. Candida can and will eat anything, there are just certain foods it prefers and will allow it to grow faster(sugars).

I don’t really believe in a % of protein/carb/fat, every body is different and has different needs so it’s really about finding what works for you.

Keya
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 68

not4sakn;53188 wrote: Seems the more websites I read about foods that are and arent acceptable, the more confused I become. There’s a lot of conflicting information floating around online and apparently within the forums as well.

Some say you can have brown rice and redskin potatoes in moderation others do not. Some say low sugar fruits are ok, others do not. I’ve read that almond milk is approved then turn to another site and they dont encourage it.

I’m already gluten free so altering my diet isnt a concern I’m just trying to get answers and find out whats really acceptable and whats not. Even meal plans throughout the day would be nice.

I workout so hitting atleast 2k calories or more a day is needed but it seems so hard with no carbs. What protein powders are allowed? I read to stay away from soy. I know healthy fats are allowed but I just need some clarification on somethings if you guys dont mind..

Thanks in advance

The strict forum diet says no to quinoa, brown rice and potatoes..but I would recommend you to choose what’s best for you. There are so many candida diets around that it’s easy to get confused and overwhelmed, but I think that each person has to find out for himself what best suits their needs and problems. I’m having a battle with yeast for years now and have been on different kinds of diets, and throughout this time I just started to feel that I need to listen to myself and my body. Now I’m on a less strict version of the diet, trying to find what best suits me. I found out I need carbs (but in a moderation) – I eat buckwheat and oat bran. But for the time being, I stay away from potatoes and beans, I might add them when I start feeling better. I was also exploring soy, but all of the sites and experts don’t recommend it for candida so I don’t eat it. Regarding the proteins powder, I think hemp powder would be okay. Fruits – I eat granny smith apples, and I think berries would be okay. And I don’t keep track about protein-carb percentage, I just try to not eat too much carbs…Currently I’m concerned about milk products since I consume kefir and mozarella…I’m thinking of quiting them for a while too see if lactose is a problem for me. This is just my opinion and approach for the time being 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Help finding right foods’ is closed to new replies.