Hello Everyone, Long Time…

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hello Everyone, Long Time…

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Floggi 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Hi everyone,

Hopefully you’ll remember me before I disappeared.

I wanted to share my story with you in an effort and reminder to explore every possible avenue.

So I had all the symptoms of Candida. Extreme fatigue, brain fog, bloating, just to name a few. Now I had explored every single medical avenue and was eventually told in mid 2011 that there was nothing wrong with me, everything was fine medically. So I decided to see a nutritionist as it must of been something to do with food right?

Well, turns out that nutritionist ripped me off, just said I had candida to take my money. I had them rechecked and there was no sign of a candida infection.

Turns out I had a severely inflamed small intestine all this time, it was only when I went to a private hospital they took the time to look at my whole digestive system with a colonoscopy , endoscopy and a pill cam. Bottom line is if I never went to another doctor I would still be trying to treat candida.

I wrote this post to say to everyone be careful, alot of doctors are useless, but my experience here is a nutritionist was just as bad. My symtoms mimicked that of candida and I’m just so thankful I wanted a second opinion.

For anyone in London (or nearby), i’ve got a unopened packet of Red Bob’s creamy buckwheat – I’m not going to use it so I’ll send it on to someone who I know will use it.

Cheers, Sam

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

sammcl wrote: Hi everyone,

I wanted to share my story with you in an effort and reminder to explore every possible avenue.

So I had all the symptoms of Candida. Extreme fatigue, brain fog, bloating, just to name a few. Now I had explored every single medical avenue and was eventually told in mid 2011 that there was nothing wrong with me, everything was fine medically. So I decided to see a nutritionist as it must of been something to do with food right?

Well, turns out that nutritionist ripped me off, just said I had candida to take my money. I had them rechecked and there was no sign of a candida infection.

Turns out I had a severely inflamed small intestine all this time, it was only when I went to a private hospital they took the time to look at my whole digestive system with a colonoscopy , endoscopy and a pill cam. Bottom line is if I never went to another doctor I would still be trying to treat candida.

I wrote this post to say to everyone be careful, alot of doctors are useless, but my experience here is a nutritionist was just as bad. My symtoms mimicked that of candida and I’m just so thankful I wanted a second opinion.

For anyone in London (or nearby), i’ve got a unopened packet of Red Bob’s creamy buckwheat – I’m not going to use it so I’ll send it on to someone who I know will use it.

Cheers, Sam

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1369527411000993

Jorge.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

sammcl wrote: Hi everyone,

Cheers, Sam

Hi Sam
    thanks for the info. Your story could be mine except that I still didnt get a clear diagnose. In Sweden they MD are not using a pill cam and in that way they dont see everything. I believe I have SIBO and fight for a chance to get that checked out.
    Could you please tell me your treatment and why did you get the inflamation in the first place. What did they tell you and how did they heal you? I heard that one reason could be too low stomach acid and a overproduction of bakteria as a result of that. Tell me little about your case and treatment. If you want you can send me a PM about it.

thank you
    Trying to learn 😉
    cheers
    thomas

sammcl

Hi Thomas

I was treated with a medication named Budenside. It’s a steroid drug aimed at the small intestine only.

There not sure why I ended up with inflammation, I was really ill with the flu about 3 years ago. I was the never the same since then, well until now.

The reason I progressed it a little more by going to the hospital was due to the fact I got severely bloated if it ate anything, even on the recommended diet. Which obviously shouldn’t be the case.

sammcl

Also does anyone want the buckwheat that I have left over? Need to be in UK

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello sam,

I am sorry that this happened to you and that it wasn’t officially candida. I hope you find long term health. I hope you learned about a healthy diet.

-raster

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

sammcl wrote: Hi Thomas

I was treated with a medication named Budenside. It’s a steroid drug aimed at the small intestine only.

There not sure why I ended up with inflammation, I was really ill with the flu about 3 years ago. I was the never the same since then, well until now.

The reason I progressed it a little more by going to the hospital was due to the fact I got severely bloated if it ate anything, even on the recommended diet. Which obviously shouldn’t be the case.

I am so happy for you mate!!Here in Sweden on cant go directly to Hospital, its a long dance from meeting with the undernurse, to the nurse, to the first MD, and then when he thinks he cant fix you, with lots of luck you get one step up to the hospital. It took me nearly 2 years before I got an endoskopi done.

Its good that you gave a warning here. I have come in my resurge to a condition which is called Mastocytosis. The sympthoms are 100 percent like that of candida. The sickness is worse than candida. It explains the wirred behaviour of a lot sympthoms I had and the confusion around die-off etc. If one has Mastocytosis and experiement around with triggers it can go very badly.
    Now today I will have a check up with my MD again and see if they do a check for that sickness so I am sure to have or not to have it.

http://www.mastocytosis.ca/masto.htm

PS What is the brandname of your medicin? Is the working chemical substance called Budesonide? When I googled the name you gave me I didnt find it but got Budesonide as the working substance not the Brand of medics. Thanks.

I try to learn so I can press the doctors here.

all the best to you all!
    yours
    Thomas

Latka
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 128

This is very interesting to read, as I had the same experience: there was a time when absolutely everything on the allowed foods list gave me massive bloating. It was so depressing because I was doing my best to get better and seemed to only be getting worse.

I don’t know if your nutritionist meant to rip you off as such. It is possible of course. But it is also possible that they just jumped into a diagnosis they could think of, in not knowing what else to do. Maybe they even really meant to help you, just got it all wrong. I kind of ended up doing this to myself: was so convinced that I had Candida that I was too busy obsessing over doing the treatment right to notice that it wasn’t actually working. Until I had to confront myself because doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result surely is a sign of insanity!

(I don’t qualify to get the buckwheat because I am not in the UK so can’t help with that.)

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Nutritionists don’t have a great deal of knowledge in terms of physiology and such. They just seem to be taught the official dietary guidelines of their respective country, but they may use their license to practise nutrition to “prescribe” their own ideas on eating, e.g. low-carb. They really aren’t qualified to diagnose candida or any real health problem. They’re probably the last place I’d go for nutritional advice too… Naturopaths in the US seem to be in the same kind of league, which is why they’re happy to give out fad diagnoses without much/any evidence. Some of the questionnaires that “diagnose” candida have such generalised questions it’s almost impossible not to end up “having” it. Good for the balance sheet though, I guess.

It makes it all the harder for us though. People go to these alternative practitioners because MDs are brushing them off. I’ve read blogs by “sceptical” MDs who write about alternative healthcare and basically waste their time “debunking” it. Pointing out the dangers and fallacies of alternative treatments might save some people from being duped, but maybe they should be “sceptical” about the harmful, often unscientific shortcomings in mainstream medicine. Nobody would be interested in chiropractic or homoeopathy if MDs were doing their job properly. The entire alternative medicine industry would collapse overnight if patients with chronic conditions were given proper treatment.

Anyway, I’m glad you got a diagnosis and hopefully it leads to a cure. I wouldn’t stop researching and questioning everything until you get better though. Good luck!

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

Javizy, though I agree with your position in a broad sense, I think there’s one additional aspect which you didn’t mention. That’s the aspect of patients having problems for which no cause can be found.

Don’t forget that medicine doesn’t have perfect knowledge. Therefore, it will happen that someone has serious complaints, yet no medical professional is able to find the cause.

The doctors will eventually inform the patient of this unfortunate fact.

Now put yourself into that patient’s position. You have complaints, and the doctors tell you that they do not know the cause. But then you stumble upon someone who “measures the energy of your organs”. He tells you that your liver energy is at 30 (where it should be 100) and your kidneys are at 68. He then prescribes you some additives and some rules for your daily life to help your organs “re-energise”.

Within minutes, you, the patient, go from “sorry, we cannot find anything” to “I have measured your body, I found the cause, and this is the remedy”.

Now that’s what the patient calls progress!

So I think it’s not simply a matter of doctors having to do their job properly. There will always be the lure of quacks.

And I didn’t even mention those cases were the symptoms seem malfunctions of the body, but are in reality caused by psychological effects – I once was such a patient.

I thought I should add the above to your fine analysis. I hope you don’t mind.

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I would keep hold of those products if I were you, if there is one thing you can take from this experience its a much increased knowledge of food for health, even if you are better I would stick to eating pro & prebiotic foods & keeping the sugars low.

Out of interest, did you get lots of die off when treating for Candida? If you didn’t have it in the first place I wonder why you were getting die off.

Have you noticed a difference in tolerating foods now?

I first visited the website when you were posting a fair bit, and in general feel a lot better now & able to do most thing I like (whilst sticking to a good diet), but I still get the odd bit of die off from time to time, usually shown up in skin flare ups or fatigue.

I hope you have on going health, many congrats.

Floggi
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 425

How do you know these symptoms are caused by the assumed die-off effect? It could easily be caused by something very different, couldn’t it?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hello Everyone, Long Time…’ is closed to new replies.