Hello, all!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  skapwds 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

skapwds
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Greetings from deathly hot Oklahoma!

I have been struggling with what I believe to be cutaneous candidiasis for about three or four months now. It’s the result of taking bactrim for a bladder infection, go figure (bactrim is the devil, from what I’m reading).

After finishing the course of bactrim I was perscribed, I developed very dry lips. No matter what kind or how much lip balm I put on, they would always be dry and flaky within minutes. It developed to the point of having an itchy, red ring around my mouth (I call it my “angry mouth”). I went to see my physician and described a single dose of diflucan. I took it, symptoms went away for a week, returned. Went back to my doc, same thing happened. Then I had to go to a minor emergency clinic to get two more doses since it recurred on a weekend. In addition, I received some topical nystatin which took the edge off a bit.

My physician was going to refer me to a dermatologist since it was only on my lips when I saw him, but then it developed into lovely-looking infected sores (I’m a very clean person and the only thing I can come up with was that they became infected from the inside out) or textured, red, bruised-looking spots on my skin. So obviously, it’s systemic.

(Also, some history. As a child I was on antibiotics often with no issue. After I stopped eating meat, eggs, and dairy, taking antibiotics became an issue. A couple of months before all this, I had to take a course of bactrim for a UTI and had thrush on the inside of my mouth, but only where my top front teeth touch the backside of my mouth. Cured with a dose of diflucan and topical nystatin.)

I have an affinity for high-carb foods, as much as I know I should avoid a lot of what I eat, despite eating healthy compared to the rest of the general public. Before starting on this journey of self-healing, I had no idea how yeast fed itself or what I could do to stop this cycle. This website and forum has helped tremendously.

Now, for the “diet” (I hate that word) part of all this:

I have resumed eating seafood and eggs because I am unable to get enough protein from eating veggies. I’m following the Stage 1 protocol on this website, and the only “cheating” I’ve done is the occasional dab of unsweetened cocoa to curb my sweet tooth and a sprinkle of fresh parmesan on the occasional meal. I am on day three and I already feel like I am improving. I’ve also been putting a dash of lemon juice into ice water with some stevia to satisfy my sweet cravings. I am eating brown rice, but I know that should not be an everyday thing.

Supplements I am taking:
    Inner Eco probiotic coconut kefir, trillion+ strain count of:
    Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
    Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris
    Lactococcus lactis ssp diacetylactis
    Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris
    Lactobacillus kefyr
    Kluyveromyces marxianus var. marxianus
    Saccharomyces unisporus

Bio-K Plus original dairy culture, 50 billion+ strain count of:
    L. acidophilus
    L. casei

Pure brand Candex, contains:
    Cellulase, 128 000 CU
    Hemicellulase, 80 000 HCU
    Amylase, 8 000 SKB
    Invertase, 2 000 SU
    Glucoamylase, 400 AG

Now brand Candida Clear, contains:
    caprylic acid, 500mg
    Pau D’Arco, 300mg
    Black Walnut, 300mg

Also swishing with coconut oil 3x daily before meals.
    Oregano Oil, 200mg

If anyone has any input, feel free to let me know! I am feeling positive about this and can’t wait for die off, as bad as that sounds.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Your supplement plan doesn’t look bad, that is other than the Candex which contains Cellulase, 128 000 CU and Hemicellulase, 80 000 HCU. In effect, with these two enzymes you’re feeding the Candida and in doing so you will allow them to thrive for as long as you’re taking these.

Certain enzymes that are available are enzymes which are not naturally made by the human body, but yet they are put in many enzyme supplements unnecessarily. In addition, during their break down they change other enzymes into a sugar which actually ends up feeding the Candida and thus prolonging the treatment period and cure. This is the case with both cellulase and hemicellulase.
    The most useful digestive enzymes is something called “Digestive Grape Bitters” and this is the exact name you want to look for.

The dosage suggested on the bottle is not necessary because the bitters work simply by nerve stimulation. When the bitter tasting herbs come in to contact with the bitter receptors on the back of the tongue the bitter receptors are stimulated. This in turn stimulates the vagus nerve, which increases levels of stomach acid, bile and pancreatic enzymes. This also has a cleansing effect on the liver so it is important to drink plenty of water throughout the day when using them to prevent a strong detox reaction.

Since the whole principle is to stimulate the bitter receptors and thus the vagus nerve you only need to be able to taste the bitterness of the herbs. 1/2 of a dropper full on the tongue before meals or after meals will be enough to do the job.
    To treat the thrush, look for a post titled “Oral Thrush.”

Able

skapwds
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

I truly appreciate the reply, Able. Thank you!

I stopped the Candex and took up Grapefruit Seed Extract. 10-15 drops in a glass of water before meals and bed. I will look for the digestive grape bitters. I will read the oral thrush post.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Hello, all!’ is closed to new replies.