Hello about supplements on this site.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Hello about supplements on this site.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

catlover345
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 43

Has anyone purchased/tried any of the supplements featured on this site? Did you take them at the same time you started on your detox/cleanse diet or did you just take them along with your regular diet? I know they would probably be most effective during the detox/cleanse but i’m just interested to know if they would still have significant effect without you modifying your diet too much. I have already tried to eliminate sugar as much as possible, i haven’t had any chocolate/biscuits or any type of dessert food in about 4/5 weeks and introduced slightly more vegetables in my diert, but my sebherroric eczema has barely made any improvement. Also i can’t realy get alot of the food that is reccomended on this site, i am not in control of the shopping and alot of the food i’ve never heard of and not entirely sure if they would sell it in the local grocery stores. So anything you can tell me about the supplements will be appreciated x

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Few people on the forum take the bentonite clay or psyllium husk. Psyllium husk has been linked with internal bleeding, and can be dangerous in other ways without a large increase in fluid intake. Try reading through the Index of Posts for recommendations.

As for recovering, I think patience will be very important. If you think that more than half of the deaths in the UK this year will be caused by cancer and heart disease, largely as a result of the typical Western diet, you can’t really underestimate the amount of damage you’ve already done to your body. The diseases themselves are really just the eventuality of decades of abuse. If you’ve been regularly eating desserts, refined oils, refined carbohydrates etc for 10, 20, 30 years, the damage isn’t going to be undone in a few weeks, so you’ve got to dig deep and hang in there.

Still, I’m on my 5th week and feel the same as you, but I’m determined to carry it through for as long as it takes. The good news is that every cell in your body is replaced in a cycle of around 2 years, and since your cells are made of what you eat, drink and breath, the longer you can “stay clean”, the better your health will eventually be. I wish you luck anyway.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The most important thing you will need for your recovery is probiotics. The website features really low quality probiotics such as threelac and fivelac, etc. These are very expensive and contain 1-5 billion probiotics with 2-5 different strains. If you went and took that money to get good probiotics, 14 strains 20+ billion count…you will see a much greater improvement.

Antifungals are another item you will need to kill off the candida. The website mentions some OK ones that are generally accepted in the forum. I however highly recommend SF722 undecenoic acid by thorne research as a great long term antifungal.

You will need regular trace mineral vitamins daily as well to get better.

You will need molybdenum to help with the die-off symptoms.

You can get many of the foods on the website or forum at your local health food store that sells organic foods. If your spouse does all of the shopping, then you will have to change this and take things into your own hands. Teff flour for instance might be sold at ethiopian or african markets, and kefir likely isn’t available for purchase at regular non-organic food stores.

-raster

catlover345

What probiotic product would you reccomend? I will look up that anti-fungal you mentioned, so i take it has natural ingredients if it is safe to take long term?

Also.. is fresh orange juice alright to drink? i have been hearing alot of conflicting things om here about friuits because some of them have a high sugar content.. but i thought it would be good because of the vitamin c content.

What mineral supplements would you suggest? i was going to try the garlic supplements.. but i dont know, i am a bit weary of supplements because i dont know which ones contain the natural vitamins or the synethetic labatory made ones.

thanks x

raster
    Participant

I would consider the following vitamins:

-probiotics (rotate these): HMF neuro and megafoods are the two top ones I think. HMF contains human micro flora and is the only probiotic that contains this. Megafoods contains DDS-1 which has anti-candida properties. You will need these long term and start out taking 1 pill per day and work your way up to 3 pills per day over a period of weeks.

-antifungals: oregano oil, grapefruit seed extract, caprylic acid, garlic are some top notch ones. After you are done with any of these in a month or two, try out SF722 undecenoic acid by thorne research as a good long term maintenance antifungal.

-anti-inflammatory supplements: cod liver oil or fermented cod liver oil are good ones and there are others that I am unfamiliar with. Vitamin C is also good for this i believe.

-molydbenum or candidate for die-off symptoms

-the ABC vitamins: Vitamins A-K are all needed for recovery, take whichever ones you want. Rotate every month if you want.

-trace minerals: candida uses trace minerals from your body to fight off candida. You will need calcium, magnesium, zinc, iodine, etc (there are more, do some research)

-leaky gut supplements: if you are allergic to anything, such as sugar, than these can help heal the gut. Many to choose from.

the top ones you will need are probiotics, antifungals, and molybdenum. After that it is up to you what to get and try out.

Check out this post as well:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1173_Vitamins-Minerals-Herbs.aspx

and the protocol:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

-raster

catlover345

Thank you very much for your post, i will look into all of these. Can you tell me if these are all okay to take while on the cleanse?

catlover345

Thank you very much for your post, i will look into all of these. Can you tell me if these are all okay to take while on the cleanse?

raster
    Participant

Check out the protocol; I believe we stated that all supplements should wait until after the cleanse.

-raster

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hello about supplements on this site.’ is closed to new replies.