Healing leaky gut?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Healing leaky gut?

This topic contains 16 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  BeccaJR 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

teelovee92
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 8

So I’m now extremely aware of my leaky gut problems. Last week I started taking swedish bitters and digestive enzymes and I feel so much better, that heavy bloated feeling has subsided(I dont look like I’m preggo anymore lol). I was online and read something about making a chicken bone broth to help heal leaky gut. What are your thoughts on this? Are there any other natural remedies or supplements I can take that will also help and promote healing in the gut? I suspect this leaky gut/candida has been a problem since the time I was a child(I’m 22 btw). I’ve always had food allergies/sensitivities/skin probs/asthma probs, so I’m not expecting a quick fix but I need to start addressing this issue asap! On a lighter note, the tinea versicolor is continuing to improve and the itchy/crawly feeling has finally gone away, so I must be doing something right finally.

FishaOfMen
    Participant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 29

I don’t have answers on chicken bone broth (sorry!), but could you possibly post links to what Swedish bitters and digestive enzymes you are using?

teelovee92

digestive enzymes by source naturals
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/source-naturals-essential-enzymes-500-mg-120-capsules/sr-4028#.Uy4Fh_muNYw

swedish bitters by nature works
    http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/p/flora-swedish-bitters-8-5-fl-oz/fl-1026#.Uy4FVfmuNYw

but I’m seriously gonna look into making some bone broth and see if that would help as well

coconutlover
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

teelovee92;55724 wrote: So I’m now extremely aware of my leaky gut problems. Last week I started taking swedish bitters and digestive enzymes and I feel so much better, that heavy bloated feeling has subsided(I dont look like I’m preggo anymore lol). I was online and read something about making a chicken bone broth to help heal leaky gut. What are your thoughts on this? Are there any other natural remedies or supplements I can take that will also help and promote healing in the gut? I suspect this leaky gut/candida has been a problem since the time I was a child(I’m 22 btw). I’ve always had food allergies/sensitivities/skin probs/asthma probs, so I’m not expecting a quick fix but I need to start addressing this issue asap! On a lighter note, the tinea versicolor is continuing to improve and the itchy/crawly feeling has finally gone away, so I must be doing something right finally.

Try L-glutamine and Slippery elm as leaky gut healing supplements. Work your way up from 4g to about 10g of L-glutamine a day slowly. Slippery elm powder is also great.

pinkbow
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

May I ask how you know for sure you have leaky gut? I suspect the same for me, but am not sure how to get a 100% diagnosis for it, unless I have to spend hundreds of dollars on tests.

teelovee92

pinkbow;56121 wrote: May I ask how you know for sure you have leaky gut? I suspect the same for me, but am not sure how to get a 100% diagnosis for it, unless I have to spend hundreds of dollars on tests.

Because I have food sensitivities/allergies to certain foods that a person with a healthy digestive system would have no problem eating, malabsorption, seeing undigested food in my stool(a big sign for me)and bloating when eating certain foods such as nuts/seeds or grains/flours and also itchy skin(flare ups)whenever I would eat something as simple as coconut bread or sunflower seeds. Thats why I’ve been taking the digestive enzymes so that whenever I eat I don’t have that constant full and bloated feeling and it really does help with digestion. So for now I dont eat whole nuts/seeds, I make nut butter and I limit and rotate the flours I bake with. But if you have a candida infestation then you more than likely do have leaky gut.

pinkbow
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 6

teelovee92;56123 wrote:

May I ask how you know for sure you have leaky gut? I suspect the same for me, but am not sure how to get a 100% diagnosis for it, unless I have to spend hundreds of dollars on tests.

Because I have food sensitivities/allergies to certain foods that a person with a healthy digestive system would have no problem eating, malabsorption, seeing undigested food in my stool(a big sign for me)and bloating when eating certain foods such as nuts/seeds or grains/flours and also itchy skin(flare ups)whenever I would eat something as simple as coconut bread or sunflower seeds. Thats why I’ve been taking the digestive enzymes so that whenever I eat I don’t have that constant full and bloated feeling and it really does help with digestion. So for now I dont eat whole nuts/seeds, I make nut butter and I limit and rotate the flours I bake with. But if you have a candida infestation then you more than likely do have leaky gut.

I find myself identifying with some of what you have said, particularly on the nuts/seeds. Bread I’ve noticed always gave me a bigger tummy, but I assumed that happens with most people. My skin flares up too, but I also have rosacea.

I am very curious to try digestive enzymes, do you find yourself regular because of it? I have issues with constipation and have tried a ton of products and foods with no ‘long term’ success.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

In order to improve constipation you have to do it long term typically. For me, this took a few years to get to 3 bm’s per day from .5 per day.

A few factors have helped me improve constipation:

-Chewing my food thoroughly each meal (30+ times per each bite).
    -Healing my liver and related organs. If your liver is doing great, then it can process all of the junk easily.
    -Eating plenty of food. If you don’t eat enough then you won’t crap much…
    -Specific supplements helped greatly such as L-glutamine, probiotis, and digestive enzymes.

-raster

teelovee92

raster;56235 wrote: In order to improve constipation you have to do it long term typically. For me, this took a few years to get to 3 bm’s per day from .5 per day.

A few factors have helped me improve constipation:

-Chewing my food thoroughly each meal (30+ times per each bite).
    -Healing my liver and related organs. If your liver is doing great, then it can process all of the junk easily.
    -Eating plenty of food. If you don’t eat enough then you won’t crap much…
    -Specific supplements helped greatly such as L-glutamine, probiotis, and digestive enzymes.

-raster

Exactly what he said, for me I basically had to learn how to eat, chewing food properly b/c digestion begins in the mouth, taking small bites, recognizing when I’m full and eating meals that I can easily digest. I’ve only been using bitters and digestive enzymes for about 4 weeks but there’s already some improvement with bowels movements being more regular. Drinking water throughout the day helps as well.

ThomasJoel2
    Participant
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 375

teelovee92;55724 wrote: I was online and read something about making a chicken bone broth to help heal leaky gut. What are your thoughts on this?

I’ve been supplementing with organic beef bone broth for a while now and have noticed considerable benefits. I’m not sure if it’s helped with my leaky gut in particular, but it has helped with my cold hands/feet. I used to get stabbing pains in my hands, feet, legs and this went away after drinking bone broth for a while.

teelovee92

sorry if this is a stupid question
    I was reading some posts about supplementing with colostrum. I went to go look at some brands this weekend and noticed that some of the ingredients were made from bovine or cow’s milk or whey. Would it still be okay to take even though I have a lactose intolerance? Or it just be better to start with L-glutamine?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d start with L-glutamine. I was told by others that the powder is best but I still take the capsules.

-raster

teelovee92

Thanks Raster! I appreciate the reply
    I’ll start out with that and keep yall updated 🙂

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

teelovee92;55724 wrote: So I’m now extremely aware of my leaky gut problems. Last week I started taking swedish bitters and digestive enzymes and I feel so much better, that heavy bloated feeling has subsided(I dont look like I’m preggo anymore lol). I was online and read something about making a chicken bone broth to help heal leaky gut. What are your thoughts on this? Are there any other natural remedies or supplements I can take that will also help and promote healing in the gut? I suspect this leaky gut/candida has been a problem since the time I was a child(I’m 22 btw). I’ve always had food allergies/sensitivities/skin probs/asthma probs, so I’m not expecting a quick fix but I need to start addressing this issue asap! On a lighter note, the tinea versicolor is continuing to improve and the itchy/crawly feeling has finally gone away, so I must be doing something right finally.

I suggest you to find what is causing your leaky gut. Addressing the cause is the only solution to heal the leaky gut. There are many supplements that helps the gut lining to heal but until the cause don’t be addressed, there isn’t solution.

A good point to start is to eliminate Gluten and Casein. Then, to investigate if any pro-inflammatory pathogen is causing it. There are certain medicines that causes leaky gut.

Jorge.

jgentry8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 13

Anyone who has leaky gut are you able to eat really large portions? I’m able to eat a whole Cornish hen and another one is in the oven. I’m 120 pounds (lost five pounds) but eating like a pig. When I eat the chicken it’s like I can’t get enough and I don’t even feel full. Is this because I’m not getting any nutrients from candida?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Healing leaky gut?’ is closed to new replies.