Having trouble with mental resolve to stick with this. Any boosts?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Having trouble with mental resolve to stick with this. Any boosts?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bansaw 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

pakalla
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 2

Hi everyone,

We all know how difficult sticking to this diet can be. I’ve had GI trouble for three years since getting salmonella. Tested positive for candida, but I think half the reason this diet is working for me is because the foods are so healing. Anyway, I’ve been on the strict version of the diet for two months or so and most of the time it’s awesome because I’m feeling better and learning about new foods. But today is so hard. I realized I had to cut out a couple more things that I’ve been reacting negatively to, my boyfriend had to eat donuts in front of me (I used to love donuts), and I’ve been with friends all day so there’s been a lot of special ordering and ‘What can Kim eat here?’ stuff or them eating without me. I feel left out of social eating rituals and discouraged by the stall in my progress. I can’t be the only one who has felt this way – any tips or confidence boosts? Others will benefit too, I’m sure.

Thanks in advance,
    Kim

tl;dr – feeling discouraged about sticking to the diet. Any help?

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

pakalla;53286 wrote: Hi everyone,

We all know how difficult sticking to this diet can be. I’ve had GI trouble for three years since getting salmonella. Tested positive for candida, but I think half the reason this diet is working for me is because the foods are so healing. Anyway, I’ve been on the strict version of the diet for two months or so and most of the time it’s awesome because I’m feeling better and learning about new foods. But today is so hard. I realized I had to cut out a couple more things that I’ve been reacting negatively to, my boyfriend had to eat donuts in front of me (I used to love donuts), and I’ve been with friends all day so there’s been a lot of special ordering and ‘What can Kim eat here?’ stuff or them eating without me. I feel left out of social eating rituals and discouraged by the stall in my progress. I can’t be the only one who has felt this way – any tips or confidence boosts? Others will benefit too, I’m sure.

Thanks in advance,
    Kim

tl;dr – feeling discouraged about sticking to the diet. Any help?

I think its important to have variety in the diet.
    Going out can be hard but many restaurants have at least something on their menu that I can have. Cracker Barrel have a low carb menu, Ruby Tuesdays have a great salad bar, Red Bowl asian have a coconut milk curry with brown rice. So, I’ve managed to find something to eat. Most restaurants have an omelet option or salad. You’ve just got to choose the good ones and before you go anywhere, scout out the place on googlemaps to see where an appropriate restaurant is.

Stick in there. Its worth it and its not (hopefully ) a long term deal for you, as you move into later stages of the diet, you can relax certain things.

Breakfasts are still hard for me, but the rest is OK.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Having trouble with mental resolve to stick with this. Any boosts?’ is closed to new replies.