Has anyone else tried and failed?

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Has anyone else tried and failed?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Percyfaith 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

futureyogi
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

This is my third attempt at an all out candida cleanse and I think I am about to fail again. I have an EXTREMELY bad case that causes IBS and there have only been a few days in the past year that I have not had a yeast infection down *there*.

Seriously I try my best but even the rib of lettuce can give me a reaction. Thats how bad it is!

Its so hard to tell people that I do low carb. They just dont get it. They dont get that BEANS are legumes and not vegetables! ugh! I try telling people I do paleo but they still dont fucking get it. No grains, no beans…its hard. :/

I have nystatin that works but i get really bad die off symptoms…headaches, constipation…sigh…

lolcandida
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 32

Low carb will never beat candida because candida can metabolize ketones.

To beat candida you need to eat a decent amount of carbs to strengthen your adrenals as well as your bacteria which are the bodies main defense against candida overgrowth.

All carbs are not the same, find the sources of carbohydrate that improves your condition and does not cause you problems. Most likely you will be able to tolerate one or more of: peeled potatoes, sweet potatoes, sprouted beans, possibly white rice, and any other source of starch that is mainly comprised of glucose as opposed to fructose.

Begin by eating these sources without added fat and by themselves if your digestion is weak.

Glowstone
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 6

I feel for you..

I am sat here CRAVING pizza, toast, chocolate, cans of coke and all sorts of dietary horrors.

I am around 10 days into my latest food purge…

🙁

Walshh3
    Replies: 1

Hi I’m new to this site and new to candida diet. I’m only on day 5 of the anti candida diet.
    I’m taking activated charcoal to help with the die off symptoms. Maybe they could help you?
    I’m also taking oregano oil as an fungal and just drinking lemon and ginger tea and chicory root instead of coffee. Yesterday was my first day of feeling good and I feel even better this morning. On tuesday I will start to introduce the probiotic. If die off symptoms are the issue I think the charcoal is great.
    Also I am attending NAET (allergy elimination therapy) and it was here that I was diagnosed with systemic candida, which is in my brain/liver/large intestine/small intestine and uterus.
    Naet would be great for you too, it identifies what you’re intolerant to and clears you!
    Hope things get easier for you,
    I’m still unsure how long I’ll have to do this for etc but the benefits are motivating me.

Angelreader
    Replies: 1

I am only just beginning to consider the candida diet as my first attempt’ some months ago lasted 48 hours. I’d never felt so unwell in my life and the thought of embarking again is already making me feel tearful.

I don’t really know how to start.

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

futureyogi;59317 wrote: This is my third attempt at an all out candida cleanse and I think I am about to fail again. I have an EXTREMELY bad case that causes IBS and there have only been a few days in the past year that I have not had a yeast infection down *there*.

Seriously I try my best but even the rib of lettuce can give me a reaction. Thats how bad it is!

Its so hard to tell people that I do low carb. They just dont get it. They dont get that BEANS are legumes and not vegetables! ugh! I try telling people I do paleo but they still dont fucking get it. No grains, no beans…its hard. :/

I have nystatin that works but i get really bad die off symptoms…headaches, constipation…sigh…

I hear you. About other’s I am just lowering my expectations about what I’ll get from them– I make a joke of nightshades and am now trying to explain Histamine– might as well just not expect people to understand. I remember when I did not understand. I was extremely healthy all my life until about 10 years ago. It was not until I suffered that I learned empathy for others and developed my own a strong interest physical health.

I so relate to another posters fears and tears.

I think gene wise I am very sensitive to pain – my twin is exactly the opposite! Maybe many folks here are extra sensitive to pain… But I think it is suffering for years that takes a toll, an emotional toll and just not wanting to suffer on top of suffering. But I do believe that perseverance and shaking off the emotion and cleaning out candida is my only option. Got to take responsibility mentally and spiritually.

No more excuses like being distracted about the differing candida approaches and opinions. And all the food and supplement choices etc. I must learn to listen to my body, and keep claiming that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. No more just getting by and doing what is convenient. I only know one hope and it is Grace. I always failed on diets to lose weight… liked an old book called “Diets Don’t Work” by Bob Schwartz. But I read it back in 1996 along with so many more diet books and I still never lost weight.

It was only the Grace of God that I lost 100 lbs and only the Grace of God that have kept it off for 4 years. Now it is Candida I need to lose.

I pray you and the others here find ways to stay motivated and curtail the really bad die off symptoms.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Has anyone else tried and failed?’ is closed to new replies.