Greek Yoghurt, acceptable or not?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Greek Yoghurt, acceptable or not?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  ants 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

ants
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

Hey guys,

Can we eat this on the diet?

https://www.yeovalley.co.uk/things-we-make/yeogurt/greek-style-natural

I see a lot of people saying greek yoghurt is acceptable but it has 6.4g of sugar per 100g serving. Because the sugar is from lactose does this mean it’s okay per chance?

Thanks,

Ants

ants

Sorry to spam you guys, could you please tell me if the below Kefir is also okay?

http://www.nourishkefir.co.uk/index.php?pgid=65

Thanks so much in advance.

ants

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

They both look good to me. However you should know that it’s always best to make your own if possible. Making your own and fermenting it for longer reduces the sugar content even further.

ants

Thanks Wiley! Would be great to get a second opinion and if someone could explain to me why the sugar from greek yoghurt is okay?

ants

Anyone else please?

Bansaw
    Participant
    Topics: 50
    Replies: 106

ants;50239 wrote: Anyone else please?

Store bought Kefir sometimes has sugar in.
    I ‘ve been using raw goats milk and have my own kefir grains. I would suggest strongly that you make your own. There are bound to be people in the UK who have kefir grains they are willing to post you.

Store bought kefir does not have nearly the same amount of good probiotics in that natural kefir does. This is because the bottle would ferment so much that it would explode on the shelf. They take some probiotics out.

Natural kefir is also cheaper to make. You can just buy milk from the local supermarket and do your own. Takes about 24hrs to ferment a quart.

approximately_me
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 186

It depends on the stage of your diet. I at some quality store bought greek yogurt after being on the diet for a couple months. It set me back about a month.

ants

Contradictions after contradictions 🙁 – thanks anyway

Bansaw
    Participant

ants;50280 wrote: Contradictions after contradictions 🙁 – thanks anyway

Thats Candida for you: everyones has got an opinion. Just stay off anything that might be questionable for a while until you begin to feel better, then add things in like yogurt etc. I feel a ton better after 15 weeks on this diet and antifungals. But I’ve been strict.

ants

15 weeks man – urgh. 105 days eating only meat and veg, I have no idea how you do it.

I’m on my diet for 6 weeks and no more. Tomorrow is day 10/42 – No alcohol, caffeine, grains, dairy, fruits, sugar and an array of nice vegetables – it’s just too much to ask.

I’ve even cheated twice and had 2 black coffees = ( That said, aside from that, I’ve been very strict and am introducing a new anti-fungal on a weekly basis. Even if 6 weeks isn’t enough, my gut will be a lot happier for the changes I’ve made.

Bansaw
    Participant

ants;50287 wrote: 15 weeks man – urgh. 105 days eating only meat and veg, I have no idea how you do it.

I’m on my diet for 6 weeks and no more. Tomorrow is day 10/42 – No alcohol, caffeine, grains, dairy, fruits, sugar and an array of nice vegetables – it’s just too much to ask.

I’ve even cheated twice and had 2 black coffees = (

Its not so bad if you’re inventive. Have you tried that lamb curry? I bought Coconut Aminos which is like soy sauce and adds a lot of flavour. I also have a very mice chicken soup, steaks, salmon, tuna, omelets etc. My wife’s doing me a nice shrimp fried rice tonight with coconut aminos.
    Also, for coffee I buy Kaffee Roma which is a roasted grain beverage. The first time I tried it, it was like weak decaf coffee , but now I like it a lot. Mix a little coconut milk in and its very nice.

ants

Hey, thanks for the reply: here are the ingredients for the curry you’re referring to: Kinda tough as I avoid tomatoes:

1 lb. minced lamb
    4 medium tomatoes, chopped
    1 medium onion
    1 can coconut milk
    2 cloves garlic
    1 Tbsp. coconut oil
    1 chili pepper (seeds removed)
    1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
    1/2 tsp. curry powder
    Salt to taste

It also says to serve up with rice :/ – Also, what’s the deal with coconut milk, surely sugars?

Bansaw
    Participant

ants;50294 wrote: Hey, thanks for the reply: here are the ingredients for the curry you’re referring to: Kinda tough as I avoid tomatoes:

It also says to serve up with rice :/ – Also, what’s the deal with coconut milk, surely sugars?

Why are you off tomatoes? Tomatoes are allowed even at stage one.
    Serve with brown rice. I stay off white rice.
    Coconut milk is absolutely fine (coconut water with added sugar isn’t)
    I also have a nice Oat Bran (not regular oats) breakfast

ants

Well the reason i am on this diet is due to facial flushing and a stained tongue which only ever happened post antibiotics. Pretty sure they aren’t related, hence to 6 week period.

Avoid tomatoes as they make me flush :/ – most people on here say even brown rice is not okay.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Greek Yoghurt, acceptable or not?’ is closed to new replies.