Goodbelly Probiotic Juice

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Goodbelly Probiotic Juice

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  GoodBelly Probiotic Juice Drinks 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

luckymom2one
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 14

Has anyone heard of this product? My son has candida too and I was thinking about trying this for him since he does not like taking alot of pills/supplements. We are both lactose intolerant so yogurt is not an option so I thought this would be a good way to get some probiotics in him. It is sold at Whole Foods. Does anyone know if it is good?

princeofsin
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 224

Looked good until i read oat flour and cane suger in their drinks. There coconut water looks good but other than that I wouldn’t recommend it during the first stage of the diet.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I read on their website that it only contains 1 strain of probiotics, Lactobacillus plantarum299v. I have never heard of this one…but you need many more strains to get better.

We recommend taking a high strain high count probiotic (10+ strains, 30+ billion per pill)…their probiotic drinks only contain 10 billion per 8oz glass. So since you ideally need 40-90+ billion probiotics per day to get better, this would be 4-9 8oz glasses of their product, or likely 1-2 bottles per day. That could get expensive fast!

Also looking at their nutritional information, each 8oz glass contains 22g of sugar. This is way too much to get healthier on the diet. You need to limit the amount of sugar you eat significantly; ideally if you can get under 25g of sugar per day you will find most success.

If you have a problem taking a bunch of pills on the diet, then you likely won’t get better. You need a ton of vitamins and supplements to get better and its essential to give your body the resources it needs to heal.

-raster

Chiskinlady
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 18

I was excited about this product when it first came out, but then I read an article that the strain of probiotic in it doesn’t survive the acid in the stomach & is killed on contact. I think this drink is just a gimmick to make sales.

GoodBelly Probiotic Juice Drinks
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi luckymom2one,

I’m sorry to hear your son has candida. I came across your question and wanted to offer some details about GoodBelly that I thought would be helpful. Our probiotic juice drinks are completely dairy-free, soy-free and vegan, and are a great probiotic option for those who have a lactose intolerance or have trouble taking pills. Each serving of GoodBelly contains 10-50 billion cultures of a highly-researched probiotic strain that has been used extensively in Sweden for 18 years. The strain is Lactobacillus plantarum299v (Lp299v for short), and survives the stomach’s harsh acidic environment in order to colonize the intestine, which is essential. GoodBelly is available in family-sized quarts and single-shot servings, and comes in a variety of delicious flavors I think your son will love, including Mango, Blueberry Acai, Strawberry, Cranberry Watermelon and more.

I would love to invite you and your son to take our money-back guaranteed 12 Day Challenge – it’s a fantastic way to give GoodBelly a try. To sign up and receive valuable coupons, please visit http://www.goodbelly.com/smiletrial. I would also love to answer any additional questions you might have and can be reached via email at [email protected]. Thank you, and we hope your son feels better soon!

In good health,
    Ariel Scott at GoodBelly

GoodBelly Probiotic Juice Drinks
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi Princeofsin, Raster and Chiskinlady – thank you all for taking the time to write and I would love to address your specific concerns as well.

Princeofsin, many of our probiotic juice drinks do contain small amounts of oat flour and organic cane sugar, which help to keep the probiotic alive and thriving. Using these ingredients allows our probiotic juice drinks to be dairy-free. We do have several options that do not have any sugar added, including our Probiotic Coconut Water and StraightShot, which only has 3 grams of sugar per 2.7 oz serving.

Raster, to clarify, each serving of GoodBelly contains 10-50 billion colony forming units of Lp299v. Our products GoodBelly+ and GoodBelly StraightShot contain 20 billion CFUs per 2.7 oz shot serving, while GoodBelly BigShot contains 50 billion per 2.7 oz shot serving for an extra boost of probiotics. Our GoodBelly Quarts are our more “juice like” product, with 10-20 billion CFUs per 8 oz serving. All of GoodBelly’s drinks contain one probiotic strain, Lp299v. We have intentionally kept this product with one strain, since very little research exists about the combination of multiple strains. While loading up on multiple strains might seem best, experts are suggesting that one strain may kill off another, or that their collective effect simply isn’t as beneficial as we’d hope. Since the research done on Lp299v focuses on the single strain, we will continue to develop products with one strain at a time to be confident about its effect.

Chiskinlady, thank you for your comment. In order for a bacteria to be classified as a probiotic, the bacteria must survive passage through the stomach’s acidic environment to reach the rest of the digestive tract, inhabit the intestine, and confer a benefit. There are many strains out there, but not all are created equal. Although some products state that they contain “live and active cultures,” this does not guarantee they are a true probiotic and will deliver a benefit. Lp299v has years of research to support its use for digestive health, which can be found here:
    http://www.goodbelly.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/lp299vresearchtrialabstracts.pdf

I am here to help, should you have any additional questions! Please feel free to reach me via email at [email protected]. You may also learn more about our line of probiotic drinks at http://www.goodbelly.com.

In good health,
    Ariel Scott at GoodBelly

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Goodbelly Probiotic Juice’ is closed to new replies.