Good News Update!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Good News Update!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

NewDay
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 25

Hi All,

I’ve been on the candida diet since January 30th. What once consummed me, this illness, this diet and this site lol!, have now almost become things of the past. I am at the point where I can eat meats of all types (I do nothing in excess though), cheese (mozzarella, cheddar,…), I can eat potato, fries or original chips, some popcorn, a drink of vodka, a diet drink here and there, I have had gluten free pizza, fruit (blueberry, blackberry, apples, cherries, apricots, raspberry),…. All which I now eat pretty much weekly without stomach pain, bloating, or return of symptoms. FYI-One weekend I did overdo it and I saw symptoms return slighly.

I now hardly take any supplements or antifungals. I keep forgetting to take them because I feel so good. Best of all, I have suffered from constipation for 10 years and for almost 2 weeks now, like a switch I have been going naturally almost almost daili as opposed to weekly!

I know I probably would see really good progress if I were real strict right now since it seems I’m close but it’s summer here, you only live once and I am finding a good balance so that I can enjoy this special time with my wedding being just around the corner.

Becca

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

WOW! Great post, it sounds like you have done great work and your body has done some awesome healing.

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

Can I ask how emotionally/mentally you feel? Especially if you were to compare BEFORE starting the diet and now? (IE Difference in moods, concentration, etc,.)

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Congratulations on reaching such an important milestone, NewDay. I know how much work this took and anyone who reaches this point deserves to be praised highly.

So it sounds like you decided to skip a maintenance plan, NewDay. That scares me a little, and I’ll tell you why. It’s because I can’t even remember how many members have written to me privately to ask for my help because they thought their infestation was “cured” so they stopped following the protocol completely. This is the period of time during which most people have a resurge of their old Candida symptoms because, the truth is you don’t know how many Candida are lying dormant in your intestines just waiting for a food supply so that they can once again begin to increase their cell population; once you start to feel the results of that, it’s too late to take a quick dose of an antifungal to finish them off because the numbers may be such that you will have to start fighting the overgrowth exactly as you did in the beginning. No, I’m not trying to scare you, but what I’m asking you to do is to please be just a little careful. A maintenance protocol really isn’t that difficult.

On the other hand, if you had only a very light case of Candida overgrowth, you may be fine eating the way you are and avoiding all the supplements, I hope this is the case.

Again, congratulations and much good luck to you.

Able

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

Able900 wrote: The truth is you don’t know how many Candida are lying dormant in your intestines just waiting for a food supply so that they can once again begin to increase their cell population.

Hi Able. I just wanted to ask, when I read this; how long can Candida lie dormant? I think I heard somewhere that it could be like — forever. Thanks and many congratulations to NewDay for coming so far in the healing process! Hooray!

Able900
    Spectator

Angor wrote: Hi Able. I just wanted to ask, when I read this; how long can Candida lie dormant? I think I heard somewhere that it could be like — forever. Thanks and many congratulations to NewDay for coming so far in the healing process! Hooray!

I’m not sure that anyone really knows the answer to that question, Angor. And that’s exactly why I believe that a very long maintenance period is absolutely necessary to prevent a recurrence.

I’ll give you an example of my own maintenance protocol: As most of you know I’ve been symptom-free for a year now. I’ve remained on the maintenance plan during that year very gradually adding more foods that before I was symptoms free, I wouldn’t touch, and I try new foods very rarely and sometimes only when I feel it’s for a good reason. Yesterday, for example, was my nephew’s birthday; my sister had used a new recipe to make a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. Both she and my nephew insisted that I was “well” now (as they phrase it) and that I should try this wonderful cake. There were other goodies there as well that I would normally avoid. But since this was a very special day, I ate a small piece of the cake made with ‘real sugar’ and also two handfuls of a delicious party mix made with honey graham cereal, cinnamon graham cookies, sliced almonds, golden raisins, butter, honey, and orange juice. Needless to say, these were two of the tastiest foods I’ve had in a long time.
    Since the party was also a cookout, I also ate one hamburger for the first time since my cure. So far today I’ve had zero results from the food. Eating red meat is a very rare occurence for me since I always have either fish or chicken. I attribute the fact that none of this food has caused a problem (not even indigestion) to staying on the maintenance plan for one solid year.

My intentions are to continue the maintenance plan indefinitely. This does not mean that I am on a Candida diet as you’ll see below; but rather it means that on rare occasions, I can eat as I did yesterday; and since today I will remain on the regular maintenance diet, I don’t have to worry about causing a recurrence of the infestation even if there are some of the Candida remaining dormant in my body. My diet today is.

• Breakfast: three eggs, 1 glass of kefir, three slices of oat bran bread, 1 cup of regular coffee

• Morning snack: 1 Granny Smith apple

• Lunch: We’re at the lake this weekend, so naturally it’ll be something from the grill. Today it’s grilled chicken breast, grilled sweet potatoes, and a large salad with iced tea to drink.

• Afternoon snack: A bag of Millet and Flax Chips, unsweetened ice tea

• Dinner tonight: We’re planning on going out to a seafood restaurant here on the lake, so I’ll probably have a seafood platter with the main catch being Cajun white fish; this dish is white fish with a highly seasoned Cajun breading and deep fried, with fried oysters and scallops. The other foods will be coleslaw and baked beans; I’ll also have a couple of hushpuppies just because they have a way of making a seafood meal perfect.

• Tonight’s snack: Either a cup of organic Greek yogurt with Stevia and coconut manna blended in making a delicious cold dessert, or about eight jalapeño poppers, depending on which I want most at the time.

This is a typical day’s meal plan for me while on the maintenance plan. This maintenance means no white potatoes, and no rice or pasta, and even though the breading on the white fish contains wheat, I’m still not eating any bread at all made with wheat flour. Needless to say, I still try to avoid any sugar at all, unless a special occasion occurs like yesterday.

Able

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

Thank you, Able, for your very comprehensive answer. How did it go with the sweets; you didn’t get any symptoms, did you? I’m all with you, and I feel, actually, very satisfied on the diet. I love cooking so I just take what I have to work with and makes sure to cook it in to something damn tasty. Though, it’s a shame my stomach can’t take coconut flour or oat bran, it just seems to fibery for me. With those it feels like I could be invincible. And also, you could use a congratulation for coming so far and being strong and helping. Congrats!

NewDay
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 25

Thanks Guys!

Able, no worries because I am by no means eating whatever I want. I am avoiding lactose (except small amounts in cheese), gluten, soy, sugar,… All the nasties. I am just letting my self enjoy different foods every now and again without repercussions it seems, kinda testing for my wedding/honeymoon. I started testing to see if I would be able to travel and still enjoy myself and some food. It turns out I am doing well!!! Yay! Buttttt….When I get back to the real world, I plan on going back to a stricter diet again. As for supplements, I will continue with them as well. I am not cured from candida yet but it is encouraging to see the progress. For a while I was completely discouraged. And for my severity when I started, my naturopath said I wasn’t the worst case she had ever seen but I was pretty bad. She predicted a year before I would be on my way to recovery. Emotionally I feel a whole world better. Mood swings are gone and my blues are gone and my focus has returned.

I attribute a lot of my healing to the saltwater enemas I was doing every 2 days and the glutamine and magnesium glycinate I have been taking (as well as my antifungals and probiotics of course).

Becca

Able900
    Spectator

Angor wrote: Thank you, Able, for your very comprehensive answer. How did it go with the sweets; you didn’t get any symptoms, did you?

Two days later and still not a symptom or reaction. I believe that it’s possible to occasionally eat the way I did Friday without consequences once you’ve been completely symptom-free for one year. The key word is “occasionally” and not repetitive.

Able

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Good News Update!’ is closed to new replies.