gluten in my oat bran

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions gluten in my oat bran

This topic contains 17 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  hope4eva77 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

After I read on this sight that my oat bran from Bob Mills had gluten I just ordered gluten free bob mills. Question is, I eat coconut bread, or buckwheat bread every day. I make it with oatbran. On my bloodwork months ago I wasn’t too sensitive to gluten but on my stool sample it showed I was pretty sensitive to gluten. So eating buckwheat bisquits, my bread, would that be hindering my progress and keeping me bloated since its been four months of treatment? even if its small amounts I m sure it isn’t good. My cousin has celiacs and he bloats if anything is even cross contaminated. So do you guys think it would be hurting me more by eating this small amounts of gluten? Thanks

SomeDay
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 42

I would drop every gluten food for a while and see how you do. Then eat some for a few days to watch reactions. Gluten its evil, for everyone, but if you have some health problem, especially digestive, its something I would avoid like the plague. You know the drill: Gluten,corn,soy and dairy. I was addicted to oatmeal for a while but then realised that its anti-paleo, probably has gluten, in any case has avenin, and I doubt its good for my leaky gut. Its sad because it has an astounding nutritritional profile and also its antioxidant…

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I have tested for gluten and know that I have issues with gluten, and the Bob’s stuff doesn’t bother me (buckwheat and oat bran). I’m not super-sensitive though; it takes a bit of gluten to really set me off.

You could just try not eating that stuff for a couple of days and see what happens.

moochpb

I eat gluten free organic oats, I’m gonna stop the buckwheat then the coconut bread and see what happens. It’s a shame because its food I enjoy

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Buckwheat doesnt have gluten from my understanding.

-raster

moochpb

I have read that buckwheat doesn’t have gluten but when I make the bread I add the oatbran. I just ordered the gluten free oatbran online though.

lucidity
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 11

moochpb;40847 wrote: I have read that buckwheat doesn’t have gluten but when I make the bread I add the oatbran. I just ordered the gluten free oatbran online though.

Mooch, I don’t see the problem here. You just skip oat bran from your buckwheat and coconut flour breads for a while until you get your gluten free one. Small change in your usual recipe won’t spoil a bread, I guess.

moochpb

I did remove the gluten and I’m using gluten free steel cut oats right now. Tastes good

britishcolumbia
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 13

Is Bob’s Red Mill Wheat Free Dairy Free Oat Bran okay?

moochpb

Gotta say gluten free if you don’t want gluten

britishcolumbia

I’ve never had a problem with needing gluten free products before.

The strict diet doesn’t really specify if it needs to be organic or gluten free. Maybe this is a question for Able.

moochpb

Gluten isn’t good for your gut lining but I’m also pretty sensitive to gluten so that’s why it’s a bigger issue for me. I go organic also as much as I can

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We recommend eating organic on the diet as well and in my opinion I think people will have a harder time recovering unless they eat organic. If there are three products that you must get organic I would get eggs, meat, and dairy.

-raster

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

raster;40954 wrote: We recommend eating organic on the diet as well and in my opinion I think people will have a harder time recovering unless they eat organic. If there are three products that you must get organic I would get eggs, meat, and dairy.

-raster

So you recommend the organic oat bran over the gluten-free oat bran? I purchased both as I was confused which was recommended; I notice no side effects from eating the organic (not listed as gluten-free).

britishcolumbia

Is eating wheat free oat bran while I wait for organic oat bran going to cause harm to my recovery? Or is it just that organic is better than the wheat free oat bran?

Thanks raster!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘gluten in my oat bran’ is closed to new replies.