GI effects Stool Results…Help!!!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions GI effects Stool Results…Help!!!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Guys,

I need advice and your thoughts . I’ve been on the diet and following the protocol for 3 years. Like many of you, my problem all started after a round of antibiotics. Since then I’ve been on a a strict diet, take the probiotics recommended here at high doses, eat sauerkraut, take sf722, take leaky gut supplements, parasite programs, digestive enzymes and various things from a naturopath etc. Name it..I’ve tried it.

Well I had the GI effects stool test done and I have NO good bacteria. what!!!!!? Diet and probiotics daily for 3 yrs …and for what? Also I have high fat in stool even though I take digestive enzymes and I also came back with low Secretory iGa. Also I have ridiculously high beta glucarandase (not sure of spelling but it means that I’m decongegating too much and shooting/circulating toxins like estrogen around my body). Here’s the kicker…no candida or bad bacteria came up as irregular. What the….?

Granted I have BV (bacterial vaginoisis) almost constantly. And I had chronic yeast for a while…now I just get em monthly…prob tied to the estrogen.

Um, what? So aren’t these results telling me I basically have leaky gut (right?) and all sorts of problems I’ve worked my tail off for 3 yrs to fix? What else is there. 3 years to dedicate and make no progress is really upsetting . most upsetting is my action plan from my doc is what I’ve BEEN doing. When my doc told me I just need to eat more veggies and take probiotics I wanted to scream.

Can someone help interpret what this means and what else in God’s name I can do that I haven’t been devoting my life to already?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I kinda feel like you are reading too much into this test and should get the candia5 test next which will tell you different information.  I would also consider getting a fecal transplant if you can find a good donor in your family.

Don’t know what else to say really, but if you go off the diet, you likely won’t feel very good, right?

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

I wish us candida sufferers were actually eligible to get a professionally done transplant.  As helpful as I feel a fecal transplant could be for me, the idea of doing it myself is well…yeah…

I’m guessing that’s why many of us have not. I know Jorge has done them, but I don’t believe it cured him. Doesn’t sound like a 1 and done kind of thing.

I considered the candia5, but I take steroids which impact my ability to respond on antibody tests.  If I got a negative result, I wouldn’t believe it anyway. Also, I asked Bernie about it and he said not to waste my money– with all the stuff I’m on, it would be negative.

I’m definitely not planning to go off the diet. I wouldn’t do that – I just find it frustrating that we all work so hard to cure ourselves– harder than most people work toward any goal- and it just seems hopeless and impossible sometimes.

I’m going to keep on pluggin’ but I feel I’m running out of ideas. I think my next plan might be chelation, but my hair test was normal so I don’t think that’s even my problem, but I guess I’ll try.  I’m also going to try Colostrum and Glycine (recommended by the doc who did the stool test) because I know that helps boost SiGA. I have to take steroids for the rest of my life because my adrenal glands don’t work and I feel that’s like fuel to the fire. Sadly, there is no option to stop taking them. I’ve asked every endocrinologist about alternatives but there aren’t any. If I stop taking them, the consequences are deadly.

raster
    Participant

I’d get a nutri-bullet if you can afford it and start blending up veggies which will create a rich prebiotic blend.  This will aid in nutrition and absorption of nutrients…plus it makes you got the bathroom if needed.  I’d also consider trying out the fermented cabbage drinks which sound pretty potent (just for a few weeks or months).  You have other factors that most people don’t have such as the steroid use and other problems, so this complicates your situation.  I’d also talk to Bernie about trying out the spores (probiotics) that survive your GI tract better than regular probiotics.  I am going to start those in the next few months.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

thanks raster. I actually have a nutribullet and i used to blend veggies all the time but I’ve been lazy with it lately. I’ll start that up again. I also have been making my own sauerkraut, which is supposed to be pretty potent. Is that what you mean? I’ll talk to Bernie about the spores, like you suggested.

However, I read this, and I think this makes a TON of sense as to why I continue to take really good probiotics (MegaFood – 50 billion twice a day, HMF neuro, UltimateFlora, etc and take probiotics) and my stool test still shows very low beneficial bacteria. I almost don’t think probiotics are the solution.  We need to boost SIgA first, and fix out guts:
    “I have discovered that in order for probiotics to work most effectively, the gut lining first needs to be matured through the selective use of probiotics that specifically stimulate SIgA (secretory Immunoglubulin A), and must then be exposed to key strain specific probiotics. SIgA is the great, forgotten immunoglobulin, but I’ve championed it for twenty years because it is so beneficial to the GI tract. SIgA determines our ability to communicate to our immune system exactly what bacteria we are harboring and what to do about it. If you don’t have enough SIgA, you can consume probiotics forever and never transfer enough of their relevant information to the appropriate immune tissues in enough volume to impact health. SIgA and the T-regulatory family of cells work in a cooperative manner to maintain tolerance, yet SIgA requires bacteria in the mucosal lumen to be stimulated.

If you give probiotics in a cavalier manner to someone who does not have enough SIgA, you won’t get a good clinical response because of diminished immune interpretation. In other words, the immune system does not process information from bacteria and pathogens as effectively as it needs to when levels of SIgA are low. I discovered nearly twenty years ago that if we can improve an individual’s SIgA status, we will then see a change in how they respond to subsequent probiotics.”

This article recommends S. Boulardii because it’s really good at boosting IgA, which I did for about 2 months. Maybe this is something I should consider more permanently?

raster
    Participant

Well it looks like you found some useful information…I don’t research this stuff enough to know all of the answers.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘GI effects Stool Results…Help!!!’ is closed to new replies.