Garlic Dosage

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Garlic Dosage

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cheesey 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Hi folks

After a nasty experience with Oil of Oregano (I effectively OD’d and caused horrendous and probably quite dangerous die-off), I have decided to switch to a different anti-fungal for peace of mind. I have gone with garlic due to its general purported health benefits, the fact that it is naturally occurring, and the fact that I know that I have no nasty reactions to it.

I have come across information on this website and others that 600 – 900 mg of garlic per day, spread over 6 to 9 doses is sufficient, however I have just got back from the health food shop and the supplements that I have bought have 5000 mg in a single capsule!! The capsules are only small I’m not sure how they can pack such a punch.

Should I go back for some different dosages or what?

Cheers

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Cheesey;33469 wrote: I have just got back from the health food shop and the supplements that I have bought have 5000 mg in a single capsule!! The capsules are only small I’m not sure how they can pack such a punch.
    Should I go back for some different dosages or what?

That depends on whether or not the garlic pills contain allicin which is the antifungal property of garlic; it may also depend on how much allicin each pill contains. Is this information on the label? If it does not mention allicin, then you definitely need to take it back to the store for exchange.

Able

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

It does not mention allicin 🙂 I’m such a noob.

Thanks Able.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Garlic Dosage’ is closed to new replies.