Fungaway's progress

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Fungaway's progress

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Fungaway 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Fungaway
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 5

4 years ago my candida took over all of a sudden, like overnight. It took me this long to figure out that it’s probably candida. The closest thing I could find until now was hypothyroidism, and nothing I was doing was helping. It was tough for me because some of the symptoms hit me really suddenly and it was actually when I was probably the healthiest I had ever been, just lost a little weight, stopped eating as much bread. I thought I was just getting old.

So now after 2 weeks on the diet and supplements I’ve lost a little fat, and the bloating, itching, dry skin, foot fungus, sugar/starch cravings, back pain, constant thirst, sensitivity to bandaids, and dandruff have all lessened. That’s a lot of stuff! I’ve never had so many symptoms, that I didn’t even know were symptoms until they lessened, start going away like this. And for years I’ve been messing with apple cider vinegar, epsom salt/baking soda baths, iodine, massage, and many other supplements to try to reverse whatever condition I had, with little sign that any of it was working.

And I have a bit more energy, and I’m not as hungry. I didn’t really eat anything today until the evening, and I was fine. The hunger now is more subtle. I’ve even been eating some beans without any noticeable bad effects. I’m finally transitioning to using food as an energy resource, eating what I need to depending on how active I’m going to be, instead of using food to satiate myself. It’s funny, many years ago I intuitively knew that eating mainly raw veggies was the way for me to go, and I could sense the cleansing and better health it would give me, but I just wasn’t ready to do it.

And this started before the diet, but I’m also getting really good at telling whether food is going to give me energy. I could tell right away the wild caught salmon I baked was good, and yet the salmon burgers I broiled made from the same salmon dropped my energy. It turned out the burgers had wheat mixed in them!

I had been aware of candida for years but never was sure enough about whether I had it, or I wasn’t willing to really go full bore by giving up so many foods. I don’t plan on going back to eating most of those foods.

Well I could go on and on about more stuff, but let’s call that good for now. Thanks for the great site and diet plan!

Fungaway

CRAP! I posted a long reply and hit the wrong button.

I’ll summarize.

False alarm on the dandruff clearing up. It’s still there.

I ate a bunch of rice crackers one day for a sudden binge and really quick got bloating, itching, achy muscles, had no energy for exercise, until about 24 hrs later it went away. I won’t do that again, at least not for a while.

I’m discontinuing kombocha, kefir, beans and yogurt. It turns out they all have sugar. They’re all pasteurized. The kombucha I thought was ok, but I got a bunch of plaque the next morning after drinking it.

In addition to the food and other stuff mentioned last post I’m taking nascent iodine, Candida Support by NOW Foods, fresh garlic, 300 billion CFU probiotics per day, coconut oil and olive oil. If this doesn’t work nothing will. I’ve read about people finding some limit on these supplements, but I have never hit any kind of limit that I can feel, even with very large doses of probiotics and iodine and other stuff I’ve taken in the past. I assume I’ll get nauseous or something?

Fungaway

I just read another article and learned that I’m supposed to take the antifungals and probiotics at different times of the day! I’ve been taking them all at once. Better late than never I guess.

But I think my dandruff is starting to slow.

I did some head and feet baths in apple cider vinegar.

Fungaway

So I found out the white tea I’ve been drinking 5 cups of a day is loaded with caffeine. Here and I thought Trader Joe’s would label it “contains caffeine” like they do some of the other teas. So back to day one. I’ll try this starting again. I am not a caffeine person, so I didn’t know the extra warm feeling I got was from caffeine.

No evidence of any candida coming out in my poop yet, and it’s not surprising given the massive doses of caffeine I’ve been taking. I’m also still getting lots of brain fog and tiredness throughout the day, so it may be safe to say I’m still on day one, trying to do it right.

I’ve been taking some blueberries occasionally, which help a little with the dreadful taste of raw vegetables. I didn’t mind the veggies at all at first, but when it’s every meal for 2 months it starts to get really old. Another problem is if I start eating one handful of blueberries I’ll eat the entire container. I also started eating some meat and eggs. I’m not really worried about protein. I’m just so sick of veggies that I’m eating that other stuff just to get a break from the veggies. I’d love to eventually go to a mostly fruit diet once I oust the candida.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Fungaway's progress’ is closed to new replies.