Froctuse as sugar subtitube?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Froctuse as sugar subtitube?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nadjasummers 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Arielhatav
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hi, i was read in the website that:
    “Fruits contain three different types of natural sugars – sucrose, glucose, and fructose. Sucrose and glucose have both been shown to promote Candida albicans biofilm creation, growth, and activity. Fructose, on the other hand, is metabolized more slowly by Candida albicans, and in fact has been shown in some cases to inhibit its growth”

Its means that its possible and fine to make my Tea with half teaspoon of 100% froctuse powder?

Its safe to make some sweet treats, just sometimes, with froctuse powder?

Thanks a lot!

nadjasummers
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

I would suggest using Stevia if you need, fructose is still a form of sugar and I’m not sure it’s safe to use on the diet. Also, here’s a recipe I use when I get cravings for something sweet:

Use a big mug or a small bowl for this. Mix about a 1/3 cup of buckwheat flour with about 2 tbs of cacao powder, add 1/2 tsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt, then add a couple tbs of coconut oil and a couple tbs of water, one egg and some sweetener if you’d like. Mix it all together (it should be the consistency of a regular cake batter, so keep adding more flour of water if you need to), put it in the microwave for 2 minutes or until it’s completely cooked. On the side I like to melt some artificially sweetened chocolate with a little bit of coconut oil and dip my cake in it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.