Fractionated coconut oil

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Fractionated coconut oil

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ranger
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 23

I was doing some research on oils and came across this version of coconut oil.
    I have not been able to find this in stores, but I did find it on Amazon.
    Here is the product description.

As the name goes, the Fractionated Coconut Oil is a fraction of the coconut oil from which almost all the long chain triglycerides are removed, thus leaving mainly the Medium Chain Triglycerides and making it absolutely saturated oil. This saturation gives it a very-very long shelf life and stability. In addition, fractionating raises the comparative concentration of Capric acid and Caprylic acid, thus giving it a more anti oxidant and disinfecting edge. This is a great oil for general moisturizing and serves as a protective layer, helping to retain the moisture in your skin. It also acts as a mild oil suitable for those with inflamed and irritated skin, and those with skin sensitivities. And is the first choice for most people in the cosmetics and soap industry.

I would like to get Able’s opinion on this. I don’t use alcohol based cologne and I was going to make my own using this as a base. I wonder if it might be safe to digest?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Ranger, good to hear from you as it’s been quite a while. Hope you’re doing well.

Unfortunately, the only fractionated coconut oil that I’m aware of is made for blending purposes with essential oils as it’s used as a carrier oil only. I’ve yet to see one that is suitable for cooking and ingesting, so it shouldn’t be used internally.

Able

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Fractionated coconut oil’ is closed to new replies.