Forum recommendations/request

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Forum recommendations/request

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

I am sure this has been asked before but I’ll ask again just in case.
    Why are there no stickies? Is it because the forum software is not capable or because there is no moderation? Threads like Able’s links and allowed food list should be placed permanently at the top of a forum. They are so helpful.
    A lot folks come here through the web site. I would wager that most folks do. There should be a post that says READ HERE FIRST that explains that the forum protocol is different that the websites. This just makes things less confusing for a lot of folks.
    On that note, why does the forum protocol stages need to be different? Why go against the flow? I see every week it seems folks are confused about what stage they are talking about and the experienced folks always have ask and correct them. When in fact the forum protocol could mirror the web sites easy enough and eliminate so much confusion.
    Stage 1 detox ( optional )
    Stage 2 the long strict diet
    Stage 3 the end road to recovery or something along those lines.
    Anyhow if anyone else has any suggestions please post. My goal is to make this forum less confusing if possible.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Ya, this has been addressed before, especially recently by anna the admin:

“Thanks for the input. Actually, I’m currently the only admin on this forum. If you’re talking about allowing individual, private members of the forum to create sticky topics, I’m slightly wary of doing this. As I mentioned previously, our philosophy here is that all our members’ opinions deserve respect, so all their posts should be treated equally too!”

I am also seeing people confused by the stages, but don’t know what to say about it. I believe it should go this way:

stage 0: cleanse
    stage 1: long diet
    stage 2: more foods but still on long diet
    stage 3: you are better again and can eat junk sometimes

One thing we can do is to just bump up the important posts to the top constantly.

-raster

Marbro

Thanks raster! That clears up for me why there is no stickies

Most people start their counts at 1 and not zero and that may be why there is so much confusion about the stages. At least where I grew up. It might be different elsewhere. when you look at he variety of diets out there with different stages how many do you see where they start at zero?. Lol I suppose I am being critical here with you but my intentions are good.

WilliamHolst
    Topics: 42
    Replies: 72

Cant wait to get to the point where i can eat junk occasionally and not have to worry about problems. Long time away though.

Marbro

WilliamHolst wrote: Cant wait to get to the point where i can eat junk occasionally and not have to worry about problems. Long time away though.

I am beginning to accept the fact that I will most likely be on a no white sugar no process foods type diet for the rest of my life if I want to continue my improvement to my health.

For me, its bigger than just candida and It will not be a 6 months and im done. That said, I to cant wait to have an occasional treat like a HUGE slice of cake, or taco bell:) or quadrupal bypass burger at Heart attack grill 🙂

But what I miss most is having a drink of whisky at night or going out to have a few beers. At least when I do decide to splurge, It will be cheaper to get drunk.

Marbro

Another recommendation is to have a protocol sub forum section. Where folks can list and discuss their protocols. This would allow for easy access to many threads pertaining to this subject but not stickied.

Of course if that were to be done, I would hope that popular threads like the “allowed foods list” be moved over to this sub forum.
    New folks are still going to come in and discuss all topics under the general thread but at least there is an area where protocols are more easily found and discussed.

Faith
    Topics: 16
    Replies: 87

Hum…I’m for changing the Stage #’s too. Starting at zero is too confusing. I have to think a minute for what stage I’m in, and what stage others are talking about?

That would be nice. But, I do love this whole forum! It’s been awesome and a huge blessing! 🙂

Marbro

Faith wrote: Hum…I’m for changing the Stage #’s too. Starting at zero is too confusing. I have to think a minute for what stage I’m in, and what stage others are talking about?

That would be nice. But, I do love this whole forum! It’s been awesome and a huge blessing! 🙂

I think some folks are stuck in there ways 🙂 but your absolutely right. There is so much wonderful information and helpful people here.

wizard19
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Marbro wrote: I am sure this has been asked before but I’ll ask again just in case.
    Why are there no stickies? Is it because the forum software is not capable or because there is no moderation? Threads like Able’s links and allowed food list should be placed permanently at the top of a forum. They are so helpful.
    A lot folks come here through the web site. I would wager that most folks do. There should be a post that says READ HERE FIRST that explains that the forum protocol is different that the websites. This just makes things less confusing for a lot of folks.
    On that note, why does the forum protocol stages need to be different? Why go against the flow? I see every week it seems folks are confused about what stage they are talking about and the experienced folks always have ask and correct them. When in fact the forum protocol could mirror the web sites easy enough and eliminate so much confusion.
    Stage 1 detox ( optional )
    Stage 2 the long strict diet
    Stage 3 the end road to recovery or something along those lines.
    Anyhow if anyone else has any suggestions please post. My goal is to make this forum less confusing if possible.

So I was just wondering what foods were on stage 2 and then what is added in stage 3? As I have begun the cleanse but am to much of a fussy eater to hack it without basically starving myself, so I was going to skip to the next stage.

Thank you

Wizard

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Wizard,

We have a strict foods list on the forum; if you want a copy of it send able900 an email.

-raster

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Forum recommendations/request’ is closed to new replies.