For those who think it will never end.

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals For those who think it will never end.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 5 years ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

I can pretty much tolerate most things now without any sort of reaction. I eat rice, quinoa, sweet potato, pumpkin, squash & swede (of course) as my carbs almost every day. I eat a variety of different meats including beef & game meat (as well as poultry). I don’t have any kefir grains at the moment so eat yogurt pretty much daily.

I’ve tolerated things with wheat in and the only major food reaction i’ve had in months has been to something in Japanese food (maybe a trace of soya).

Anyway the reason I came on is to thank Able & Raster (& others who kindly gave me advice), and so others in their early to mid stage can see it does come to an end.

Along with carrying on a healthy diet (something I generally had before having candida, parasite, or leaky gut issues) & healthy lifestyle, I would really suggest trying to allow yourself to have a positive outlook. Its easier said than done, but I was defiantly left with a fear of eating things that I hadn’t prepared well beyond when I think my problems were healed. If you can get past that your on the other side.

Good luck to everyone, I wish you quick healing.

stovariste
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 116

thanks for sharing.
    is there any link for your story, and some milestones of your recovery. You have too many posts so it’s hard to find …

how long have you been on diet?

benc
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 419

stovariste;48431 wrote: thanks for sharing.
    is there any link for your story, and some milestones of your recovery. You have too many posts so it’s hard to find …

I don’t have one, but I think I posted a 3 & 6 month progress, and possibly a later stage one.

I didn’t follow the forum diet to the letter of the law in regards to protein quantities (I was much higher, but stuck with white meat, eggs & fish for a certain amount of time). Prob the turning point for me was when I accepted that carbs like swede, buckwheat, etc could & should be a part of my protocol. I had always been a fairly low carber (in fact too low for long periods of time -50g per day at times), once i started upping it to 120g per day I started to feel better, even if the signs of issues were still there.

In the late stages I used s boulardi & bakers yeast, neither of which I had any adverse reaction too & in fact could have possibility knocked it out altogether for me (who knows).

Peyt
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 51

benc;48448 wrote:

thanks for sharing.

I don’t have one, but I think I posted a 3 & 6 month progress, and possibly a later stage one.

I didn’t follow the forum diet to the letter of the law in regards to protein quantities (I was much higher, but stuck with white meat, eggs & fish for a certain amount of time). Prob the turning point for me was when I accepted that carbs like swede, buckwheat, etc could & should be a part of my protocol. I had always been a fairly low carber (in fact too low for long periods of time -50g per day at times), once i started upping it to 120g per day I started to feel better, even if the signs of issues were still there.

In the late stages I used s boulardi & bakers yeast, neither of which I had any adverse reaction too & in fact could have possibility knocked it out altogether for me (who knows).

Hi, so what was the best Anti-fungal that you used that helped you?

MarshallSt
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 7

I too would like to thank Able900 and Raster for they really have allowed me to make big strives and improvements on my journey to cure candida.

The best antifungal in my opinion would be grapefruit seed extract & allicin garlic.

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

This is my issue with candida “ending”….

Does it end because we have to follow this diet for the rest of our lives, and therefore it ends because we never re-introduce foods we enjoyed prior?

This would imply to me that the fungus is there to stay forever, never reverting to yeast-form and allowing us a sweet cup of coffee or an apple pie or brownie.

If it ends because we can now eat all those things like brownies,(because sugar didnt cause candida, it only fed it, and the fungal form showed up after antibiotics) then that to me would be a genuine ending to candida suffering.

So is there a REAL ending, or only an ending to suffering due to following this diet forever?

Prizma
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 28

Hello,
    I used to visit this forum maybe 4-5 months ago.
    I feel great improvement now(in fact I feel candida free, but I am afraid to do the tests to check my actual status).
    I was on Able’s strict diet for almost three months.
    Probiotics + Antifungals. VCO as well for maybe six months.
    Not any more. Now I eat all sorts of food.
    I want to thank Able and Raster for the knowledge they brought to me to and my special thanks to Stovariste for his emotional support!

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

Prizma;54985 wrote: Hello,
    I used to visit this forum maybe 4-5 months ago.
    I feel great improvement now(in fact I feel candida free, but I am afraid to do the tests to check my actual status).
    I was on Able’s strict diet for almost three months.
    Probiotics + Antifungals. VCO as well for maybe six months.
    Not any more. Now I eat all sorts of food.
    I want to thank Able and Raster for the knowledge they brought to me to and my special thanks to Stovariste for his emotional support!

well that was uplifting.

So theres hope.

🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘For those who think it will never end.’ is closed to new replies.