Food to eat… what about sauerkraut and 100% cocoa?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Food to eat… what about sauerkraut and 100% cocoa?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Amy 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jan
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello,
    I really enjoy a small bite of 100% chocolate ( the 100% cocoa bars used for baking) to get my chocolate fix. I was wondering if that would be ok since it is 100% cocoa– or does it still have sugar?

Also, I like to eat sauerkraut, and it has a lot of probiotics. But are fermented foods allowed in the diet?

Thank you!

Amy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 11

Hi Jan 🙂

With any food always read the nutritional information very carefully. I have not looked into the 100% cocoa… but it should tell you on the packet (not in the ingrediants part) in the table if there is any sugar content.

Sauerkraut.. hmm well my aunty said it would be very good but only if you make it yourself. Most info about candida says stay away from fermented foods but one chinese herb book said Sauerkraut and pickled veg is good for candida if you make it yourself. If you buy it in supermarket the problem is it is likey to have different additives and preservatives which is a no no..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Food to eat… what about sauerkraut and 100% cocoa?’ is closed to new replies.