food intolerances

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions food intolerances

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dan_man 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Dan_man
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 9

Hi,

I’ve noticed my food intolerances have worsen since I have been on the candida diet. At the beginning I was able to tolerate oats and only had a slight reaction. However when I tried them again my reaction was far worse. I have also ate eggs all through this diet but I now think I’m having a reaction to them (nightmare). I would have thought the healthier your gut gets the less intolerances? If anyone can supply any info on why this Is, I would greatly appreciates it.

Thanks,

Dan

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

So you shouldn’t be consuming oats on the diet because they contain gluten…so this is something to avoid in general.

One thing that can happen is that you become clean again when you get better. Then when you eat something bad then your body will react. So you could in fact be getting better vs. getting worse.

Have you checked your histamine levels?

-raster

candida_sucks
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 148

Dan_man;54030 wrote: Hi,

I’ve noticed my food intolerances have worsen since I have been on the candida diet. At the beginning I was able to tolerate oats and only had a slight reaction. However when I tried them again my reaction was far worse. I have also ate eggs all through this diet but I now think I’m having a reaction to them (nightmare). I would have thought the healthier your gut gets the less intolerances? If anyone can supply any info on why this Is, I would greatly appreciates it.

Thanks,

Dan

It’s common for food intolerances to worsen after starting a candida diet. In The Yeast Syndrome, John Trowbridge, MD explains that when C. Albicans is deprived of nutrients, it will grow hyphae and burrow into the tissues to look for food. This can cause lesions that contribute to abnormal absorption of large protein molecules in the intestine.

Dan_man
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 9

Raster,

You could be right, been on this diet now for 8/9 months now. Only mistake I’ve made is with oats at the beginning and the other day. I haven’t been taking any Vit C, I will start back on that hopefully that will calm things down.

Also I’ve noticed a lot of people on this diet eating Oat Bran for breakfast, is this allowed on the Diet? Running out of breakfast idea’s :/.

Also thanks for the reply “candida_sucks”, the more you starve it the worse the reaction….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘food intolerances’ is closed to new replies.