Folliculitis and severe anxiety problems because of…candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Folliculitis and severe anxiety problems because of…candida?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Last Legs 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

oh candida
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hey everyone. I have been suffering with some severe anxiety problems for about 2-3 years, shortly after I left my embarrasingly-small hometown for college. I always attributed it to a new environment and social pressure but I never had any success in treating it.

In addition, I began to develop really pesky folliculitis all over my body, but mostly on my shoulders, back and buttocks. I originally thought it was acne, but mentioned it to my doctor who believed it to be bacterial folliculitis. Without any second thought he prescribed me an antibiotic and sent me on my merry way. As a side note, I have also had a problem with recurring warts and athletes foot over the years. It is not uncommon for infections to occur in my body extremely easily, even from minor cuts. These have even developed into warts over time.

I had already taken antibiotics for my acne back in the day for almost 2 years and it never really cleared up my problem. My acne problem is relatively under control today, however. I stopped taking those because I thought maybe they were linked to my issues with anxiety/depression after I read an article online about teenagers committing suicide on this particular medication (doxycycline) for no apparent reason:

Despite having these uneasy thoughts in the back of my justifyingly paranoid noggin, I was desperate to rid myself of folliculitis so I obliged and began taking the new and improved antibiotic. I didn’t think much of it, but during my cycle the infected areas began to dry up insessently like the sahara and itch horribly but I powered through and finished the darned medication. It seemed to help temporarily, but the infection came back with a full head of steam shortly thereafter and I was back to square one.

This brings me to present day, with my folliculitis and anxiety still rearing their ugly heads. With no other options and a useless medical system to rely on (don’t even get me started on that), I decided to consult my old, trustworthy friend Google who’s always there for me in a time of need. At this point in time, I still thought my infection was bacterial. In fact, I had no idea that fungal folliculitis was even possible until I stumbled across a forum thread that indicated yeast/candida might be the culprit.

That’s when I called Google back up and asked him if he knew whether or not his good friends “anxiety” and “candida” were long lost keyword buddies. Turns out they knew eachother very well:

To say I was ecstatic to finally find a correlation between everything I’ve been experiencing is an understatement and three-quarters. It all made sense now: the doxycycline I took for acne killed off the good bacteria in my body which left me susceptible to fungal infection. Since I wasn’t as hygenic as I used to be back home (sorry mom) and probably re-used clothes a lot more in college, I was infected with candida somehow. In turn, that led to my anxiety because my serotonin wasn’t being delivered where it needed to be (a common effect). And POOF here I am.

If you’re wondering how I got here, I quickly Googled candida diet and it brought me to this site. I’m going to soak up all the information on this page and start my diet today because I’m almost 100% positive this is the problem I’ve been experiencing. I would still love to hear your opinions though!

If you have any other suggestions please feel free to slap me across the face with them in any fashion you see fit.

Thanks for reading and have a chill day!

Your friend,
    Oh Candida

folliculitisboy
    Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

Hey Oh Candida! Are you still active?
    I read your story and it feels like I just read a story about myself.
    I want to know if you cured this MF’er malessezia follicutlitis and how!?!

Please reply if you are still around.. I would really appreciate it.

Last Legs
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 22

I don’t know if you take anything for your emotional distress, but I suggest that you do until you get the candida until control. Although herbs like Valerian Root can help with anxiety, you might need prescription medication, such as Xanax. I don’t recommend marijuana because it intensifies your cravings for unhealthy food.

Candida has given me situational depression because of the ways it’s ruined my life. And, when my symptoms are at their worst, it has given me suicidal thoughts I’ve barely survived. Try to minimize the psychological pain this disease gives you, while you work on healing your body.

(I just realized I’m responding to a post made over two years ago!)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Folliculitis and severe anxiety problems because of…candida?’ is closed to new replies.