Fluconazole

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Fluconazole

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  dvjorge 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sammcl
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 151

Fluconazole – is it worth taking this if it’s available to me?

They seem to be OTC here in the UK and I have seen a few people mention this drug.

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

I use it 🙂 It is the drug my doctor wanted to give me when I told her about the diet.

sammcl

NadjaB wrote: I use it 🙂 It is the drug my doctor wanted to give me when I told her about the diet.

How often do you use it – I can only get it in a single pill format.

http://www.boots.com/en/Canesten-Oral-Capsule-1-Capsule-_11418/

Cheers, Sam

Marbro
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 252

“Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that can help fight a candida overgrowth and can be taken concurrently with Diflucan.”

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/507504-should-i-take-probiotics-with-diflucan/#ixzz1pbRv5kMj

info on fluconzole http://www.fungalresearchtrust.org/flucon.html

Chris24
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 329

I tried it, and it only made me feel sick and look pale. Its not good for you, especially the liver. Far better to stay on natural antifungals. Id also advice you to check out spirulina.

Edit: And holy shit, 11 pounds for 1 capsule? They were 50 cents a piece in India. I wouldnt waste my money on this.

NadjaB
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 60

I use it every day with 50 mg. The doctor gave me a prescription for 56 pills in total so I’m using it for two months and thereafter I will use garlic.

I gave 100 Danish Crowns/11 pounds for all the pills. Normal it would be much more expensive but I have to pay for allergy pills, migraine pills, astma spray, allergy vaccination (theese are REALLY expensive, 224 pounds apiece) so in Denmark we get grants the more medication you need, but your doctor has to give you a prescription.
    Can’t you get it on a prescription like in Denmark in UK?

nikkiserenity
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 4

I was also offered this by my doctor on prescription but decided not to take it as it is an anti-biotic. It makes no sense when anti-biotics are what cause Candida in the first place.

newtodu
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I started on Fluconazole 5 days ago, and have a script for 10 doses. I’m seeing a gradual change in the whiteness on my tongue (the area is getting smaller). I’ve also been taking a probiotic, and curbed the fungus-feeding-frenzy with the diet. Everyone being different, I was wondering how long it may take before the whiteness disappears. I’m thinking it may take another 10 day dose after this one.

sammcl

newtodu wrote: I started on Fluconazole 5 days ago, and have a script for 10 doses. I’m seeing a gradual change in the whiteness on my tongue (the area is getting smaller). I’ve also been taking a probiotic, and curbed the fungus-feeding-frenzy with the diet. Everyone being different, I was wondering how long it may take before the whiteness disappears. I’m thinking it may take another 10 day dose after this one.

Thanks for the feedback guys, think I’ll avoid this and stick to the protocol.

I can feel the die off happening everyday which is good, but bad feeling!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

sammcl wrote: I can feel the die off happening everyday which is good, but bad feeling!!

Samm, if I remember right, you were taking 600 mcg a day of Molybdenum. You could easily raise this by another hundred and it’ll probably help the symptoms

Able

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

Fluconazole isn’t an antibiotic but an antifungal. 200 mg a day is the standard dose. 50 mg do nothing when you have a fungal overgrowth. This drug, as well as all the azoles, is fungistatic meaning that only inhibit the fungus growth.

People who take Fluconazole for candida related complex take it for more than 3 months and 200 mg a day. The liver enzymes should be tested every month.
    Jorge.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Fluconazole’ is closed to new replies.