First day of diet. Questions please

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions First day of diet. Questions please

This topic contains 18 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mindphlux 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

mindphlux
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 11

Hello everybody. My name is Mike and I believe that I have a yeast overgrowth in my body. Why do I think this?

Last July I had a staph infection on my back hairline. My derm told me I probably got it from the hair salon I go to. He prescribed me 10 days of Keflex and took a culture. The culture came back as staph so he prescribed me another 30 days of the antibiotic. Well long story short, it never completely healed to my standards so he kept allowing me to take the Keflex. I was on the drug for a total of 5 months. 500mg twice a day. My diet during this time was AWFUL. Fast food EVERY day. Fried food EVERY day. Ice cream EVERY day. Candy, cookies, multiple pops EVERY day. During this time I was also on Accutane for acne. Around November I started showing signs of what I now believe to be pityrosporum folliculitis. Just a little bit on my chest and back. I ended my Accutane course in mid December and about a week or two after that… POW! I had folliculitis all over my chest, arms and neck. It is now slowly progressing down to my stomach and hips. Mostly small bumps, but some of them form into whiteheads. Always a hair follicule in the center. This is not normal acne.

Anyways, I believe that I killed off all my good bacteria while on the antibiotics, and due to my poor diet, I kept feeding the already overpowering yeast… The Accutane seemed to help surpress it, but obviously I can’t stay on that powerful drug forever. I’ve seen 2 derms for this and they both think its bacterial. They are trying to give me more antibiotics… Even though the cultures are coming back as “sterile”. I know yeast folliculitis is hard to prove, but I know this is what I have. My skin is easily irrated, often itchy, small wounds take forever to heal, I’m easily tired, depressed and/or angry. I changed my diet extremely on jan 1st, and I should feel great, but I still don’t.. probably from the yeast overgrowth. I still was eating a lot of dairy, sugars, yeast, gluten, wheat etc. Its also possible that I gave myself diabetes during this stint, but I’m waiting on lab results still to see if that’s the case.

So today I went to Whole Foods and bought a bunch of organic meat, veggies, almond milk, organic eggs, candida-allowed nuts/seeds. All I am drinking is water for now. This is only day 1 but I expect to see improvement and die off symptoms within a week or two. I’m 99.9% positive this is what I have because it all just adds up and makes perfect sense.

So anyways, my major question is, do you think I do indeed have a yeast overgrowth going on?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You should do some searches on here and curezone…accutane use is the single largest cause of CRC (candida related complex) followed by birth control and antibiotic use.

Do you have a detox plan to detox the toxins?

-raster

mindphlux

I did some searching on CRC and sites are saying poor diets and overuse of antibiotics are definitely causes of it… Just reinforces my belief that this is what I have even more.

As for detox… I was going to do a colon cleanse sooner or later. Currently I’m about halfway thru a candida cleanse I got from vitamin shoppe. I read a lot of people do the colon cleanse at the end of their diet, when they want to try to reintroduce certain foods back into their life. Should I do a colon cleanse now as well?

mindphlux

Well today is the start of day 3 for my diet. Yesterday I felt really tired at work and after dinner last night I had a pounding headache and could barely stay awake. Should I take this as a good sign? Die off?

raster
    Participant

So you are starting to experience die-off and you don’t have a detox plan. The toxins that the dead yeast expel damage your liver, and if you kill too much yeast, then you could have liver damage from my experience. This is why its essential to protect the liver and have a detox plan in general. A colon cleanse is not a detox plan and only removes matter from the body.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9434_Die-off-remedies-post–will-edit-more-in-time.aspx

-raster

mindphlux

I have been taking milk thistle 300mg 2xday since Sunday. Should I go to the sauna as well? I’m here to get advice and help. I thank you for taking the time to reply

raster
    Participant

Drink water, go to sauna, drink detox teas, try out candidate…whatever you can do and afford.

-raster

mindphlux

Plenty of water is no problem. Been doing that. I’ll look into the tea and sauna.

The last couple days people have been saying my face has been kinda pale. My Liver blood test came back good so I’m thinking it’s connected to the candida/die off. Is this a symptom you’ve seen before on this forum?

mindphlux

Beginning of day 4 of my diet. Yesterday I was having abdominal pain. More of what I believe to be die off symptoms. No improvement on my skin yet, but I’d expect that to take a good week or two before I notice anything. I seem to have more color in my face now, and feel a bit better today. Bloodwork came back as not diabetic and no HIV… Which I wanted to test just to rule it out. Signs point to fungal/yeast more and more. I will continue on this diet for as long as needed

raster
    Participant

Plan on a long term recovery timeline, as long as 6-18 months. The skin problems are related to your bodies inability to detox toxins, so whatever you can do to detox should make it improve.

If you get a lot of gas/flatulence, you could have a stomach acid deficiency problem which is quite normal for candid sufferers. If you take some HCl this likely will improve your skin problems as well.

Vitamin C is one of the best vitamins for skin problems.

-raster

mindphlux

I really hope it does not take that long… But if that’s what it takes to cure my folliculitis, then it will all be worth it

mindphlux

Beginning of day 5.. I will update for the next 2 days and then just once a week after that.

Skin problems continue to get worse everyday. Which they were already before the diet, but over the last couple days it seems it’s spreading more then usual. It’s very frustrating because I’ve obeyed the diet to the T. My derm said my skin wouldn’t react in a positive way for 2 weeks after starting the diet. I do feel better physically, but my skin was the whole reason I did the diet. Am I expecting too much too soon? It just would make me so happy to notice some kind of improvement and know what I’m doing is going to work in the long run.

suffer-no-more
    Replies: 4

mindphlux;53207 wrote: Beginning of day 5.. I will update for the next 2 days and then just once a week after that.

Skin problems continue to get worse everyday. Which they were already before the diet, but over the last couple days it seems it’s spreading more then usual. It’s very frustrating because I’ve obeyed the diet to the T. My derm said my skin wouldn’t react in a positive way for 2 weeks after starting the diet. I do feel better physically, but my skin was the whole reason I did the diet. Am I expecting too much too soon? It just would make me so happy to notice some kind of improvement and know what I’m doing is going to work in the long run.

Just got back from seeing my ND today and she said that skin would take some time to heal. Mine also got worse for awhile, but it seems as though newer softer skin is on it’s way. You are going to need to be pretty patient with this and likely won’t see results for weeks or months.

Good luck

mindphlux

Do you have folliculitis as well? Or just normal acne? How long have you been on the diet?

suffer-no-more
    Replies: 4

mindphlux;53236 wrote: Do you have folliculitis as well? Or just normal acne? How long have you been on the diet?

I have non-normal acne (acne roseacea) and seborrheic dermatitis. I started the diet in Oct 2013, very strictly for about 1 month. Since then I have made sure that 90-100% of my diet is whole foods. During Christmas season I was slightly off the diet, but I managed to get through the holidays with pretty minimal sugar still.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘First day of diet. Questions please’ is closed to new replies.