fillers&supplements

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions fillers&supplements

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

carla mc
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 15

might i blame the soybean oil,glycerin&gelatin in my vitamin d capsules for oral symptoms worsening lately? (hoping it’s just the hormones during menstruation that’s the cause)
    wishing to begin new foods (into 10 or 11th week here) but feel like it’s not worth the risk just yet. at least i don’t spend much time pondering ‘what should i eat’??! 🙂 greens are getting dull-cheated a few days ago with a bite of orange pepper…maybe that sweetness added to the oral symptoms too.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

might i blame the soybean oil,glycerin&gelatin in my vitamin d capsules for oral symptoms worsening lately? (hoping it’s just the hormones during menstruation that’s the cause)

Reply: Possibly, but this could also be caused by other factors as well.

wishing to begin new foods (into 10 or 11th week here) but feel like it’s not worth the risk just yet.

Reply: If your symptoms have grown worse, introducing new foods is the last thing you should be thinking about. It’s definitely not the time.

Are you taking a probiotic? If so, what’s the brand and the count?

Able

carla mc
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 15

That’s what i figured…that is, it’s too soon to start almonds,fish or chickpeas. i’ve been taking probiotics rarely since beginning the diet(maybe once or twice a week) just because i took soooo many in the months leading up to starting the diet. the brand i’ve got are Innovite dds with fos. 2.5 billion cfu of lactobacillus. was taking a $50 brand last year-udo’s with many different strains in it. that’s the best one i’ve found so far in my local health food stores. one of my friends paid $150 for one called VSL#3 that had to be ordered from her pharmacist…was thinking of budgeting for that one of these days, or finding one online that’s recommended by you.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

carla mc wrote: one of my friends paid $150 for one called VSL#3 that had to be ordered from her pharmacist…was thinking of budgeting for that one of these days, or finding one online that’s recommended by you.

The problem I’ve always had with VSL#3 is, for 150-bucks, you’d certainly expect to receive more than just 8 strains of bacteria. Sure you’re getting a 450 billion count, but anyone who has studied bacteria knows that it’s not the count of bacteria you’re taking that matters most, it’s the quality as well as the number of different strains. If you take a product with 8 strains, the population will always multiply as long as you feed it, but you’ll never be able to create more than 8 different strains from those original 8.
    There are brands that cost as little as 50-bucks that have 14 strains of bacteria, so it makes no sense to pay $150 for only 8 when more are needed. The fact that as many strains as possible should be added is the reason that we add kefir, yogurt, and brine-cured sauerkraut to our diet.

We recommend Innate or MegaFlora probiotics, both come with DDS-1.

Able

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘fillers&supplements’ is closed to new replies.