Few beginner questions.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Few beginner questions.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  diddy182 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

diddy182
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 8

I’ve been on the diet for maybe 2 weeks or so now.. haven’t actually been diagnosed with candida from Drs and what not but from all my 30+ symptoms including white tongue and noticing symptoms mostly after I eat certain foods (dairy, casein, eggs, gluten, sugar, chicken) I believe I have it. Not to mention I feel a TON better (Anxiety/Depression completely disappeared after suffering for 4 years for example) while on the diet – coming from 5 months of being sick every single day.

Just have a few questions..

First is about onions.. I caramelized 2 onions and I had pretty bad eye pain (along with head pain in that general area) the rest of the night after eating them. Would that indicate I have a specific problem with onions or should I not have caramelized them or was there too much sugar in them?

Second is about chicken, I’ve read multiple times that you can have chicken a few times a week (I believe its once a week on the strict diet). Anyway, I made 2 chicken breasts w/ olive oil and basil in the frying pan and had horrible stomach pains and gas after that for about 5-6 hours. Did I over do it and make too much or something? Was making it in the frying pan a bad idea?

Third, sugar. I know that eating sugar/yeast/carbs feeds candida. When it ‘feeds’ the candida does the candida release toxin and then you get sick or something? Like lets say I drank 1 single sip of some sugary drink like gatorade, would I then suffer the rest of the day?

Lastly, I’m following the strict diet however its even much more difficult when you react to a lot of the foods that are on the list such as kefir/yogurt, eggs, meat. Is there other foods I can slowly try that perhaps aren’t on that specific strict list? I mostly just eat steamed vegetables all day and teaspoons of coconut for kcals. I’m also noticing I’m shaky a lot more..would that be from lack of food?

Thanks for any help!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Onions are antifungal and a prebiotic so they likely killed some of the candida. I am unsure whether carmalization made it worse than normal but it does concentrate the natural sugars found within them.

Sounds like you get gas after eating protein. This is likely due to your body not producing enough HCL (hydro chloric acid) and this can be remedied by taking a supplement such as zypan or betaine HCL. I used to get bad gas as well and this can completely eliminate it. Most candida sufferers are not producing enough acid so they need something acidic to aid digestion. Another acidic product that aids digestion is SF722 which is also an antifungal. Another example is raw organic apple cider vinegar and this can help as well.

When I eat sugar I typically feel good then bad a little bit later. Once you are away from it, it basically seems like a hard drug along the lines of caffeine or nicotine. Thats what I’ve noticed. Sugar makes me feel bad when it used to make me feel good. Go ahead and try it, but most likely you will feel good then bad. A sip shouldn’t set you back but a whole bottle of this drink can.

I would try out the coconut bread, teff bread, oat bran, buckwheat, or pumpkin pie muffin bread (this one is a little iffy because its starchy). I’d also eat some salads if possible.

I am unsure what causes the shakiness but I experienced this as well. I believe its mostly related to die-off; are you doing anything to protect your liver and kidneys from the die off toxins candida produces?

-raster

diddy182

I definitely agree with the whole sugar seems like a hard drug statement. Ive been thinking that for a little while now.

Ive been trying to find apple cider vinegar locally but havent been successful. Ill have to order some online. How much of that do you recommend I take a day?

As for the bread, since i cant have eggs I havent found a good replacemnt for that yet. I think i saw you can use flax seeds somewhere. Also hesitent/scared to try new foods; just last night i had 2 avocados for the first time in years and had symptoms once again that night..slight joint pain..chest pain..headache etc.

Im taking mollyb, started it yesterday when it came in the mail – so really havent noticed any relief from that yet, not to mention having difficulties trying to figure out whats die off and whats not.

Now as i understand it you go on the diet for a long time..basically untill your symptoms are fully gone etc..during this time..even if you ate absolutely perfectly..as in no sugar/yeast etc do you still feel symptoms every now and then? Do some people still feel symptoms every day and perhaps see some symptoms disappear slowly? Im not really looking for a timeline or anything..just something that i can acknowledge as “its working”.

Also are ‘shock’ pains a symptom of candida as well? I get them maybe 3-5 times a month..they last very briefly – as in 1-2 seconds and go away. When i had major anxiety they would trigger a panic attack but now its just worrisome as my anxiety has gone down – if not disappeared completely.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

First is about onions.. I caramelized 2 onions and I had pretty bad eye pain (along with head pain in that general area) the rest of the night after eating them. Would that indicate I have a specific problem with onions or should I not have caramelized them or was there too much sugar in them?

Reply: It isn’t the sugar unless you added sugar, but it could possibly be die-off if you ate quite a bit, or it could even be that you’ve acquired an allergy to onions.

Second is about chicken, I’ve read multiple times that you can have chicken a few times a week (I believe its once a week on the strict diet). Anyway, I made 2 chicken breasts w/ olive oil and basil in the frying pan and had horrible stomach pains and gas after that for about 5-6 hours. Did I over do it and make too much or something? Was making it in the frying pan a bad idea?

Reply: If you ate both of the breasts, you overate the ‘meat’ which can cause problems. You should also try to purchase organic chicken. Otherwise, the stomach pains after eating are simply part of a Candida infestation that we all suffered from at one time or another.

Third, sugar. I know that eating sugar/yeast/carbs feeds candida. When it ‘feeds’ the candida does the candida release toxin and then you get sick or something? Like lets say I drank 1 single sip of some sugary drink like gatorade, would I then suffer the rest of the day?

Reply: If any immediate suffering was experienced, it would probably be from Candida symptoms which can potentially grow worse within ten minutes of eating a food which can feed them such as sugar. On the other hand, the symptoms can take up to a day to formulate.

Lastly, I’m following the strict diet however its even much more difficult when you react to a lot of the foods that are on the list such as kefir/yogurt, eggs, meat. Is there other foods I can slowly try that perhaps aren’t on that specific strict list? I mostly just eat steamed vegetables all day and teaspoons of coconut for kcals. I’m also noticing I’m shaky a lot more..would that be from lack of food?

Reply: Which diet are you following? The one on the website or the forum’s diet? If you don’t have but would like to have the forum’s diet, send a private message to me on the forum.

Able

diddy182

It isn’t the sugar unless you added sugar, but it could possibly be die-off if you ate quite a bit, or it could even be that you’ve acquired an allergy to onions.

Nah didn’t add sugar but I have been eating onions frequently..in stews or soups.

If you ate both of the breasts, you overate the ‘meat’ which can cause problems. You should also try to purchase organic chicken. Otherwise, the stomach pains after eating are simply part of a Candida infestation that we all suffered from at one time or another.

Yeah I ate both of them, good to know – won’t do that again. I’ve been getting organic antibiotic free chicken as well.

Which diet are you following?

The strict one that you sent me maybe a week or so ago. I would be ‘Jordan’.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

diddy182;29556 wrote:
    Now as i understand it you go on the diet for a long time..basically untill your symptoms are fully gone etc..during this time..even if you ate absolutely perfectly..as in no sugar/yeast etc do you still feel symptoms every now and then? Do some people still feel symptoms every day and perhaps see some symptoms disappear slowly? Im not really looking for a timeline or anything..just something that i can acknowledge as “its working”.

You should notice significant changes as you cleanse your body from the candida. Slowly some of your symptoms should lift. In time all of your symptoms should go away. Plan on a 6-18 month recovery period, it takes a very long time to heal and get over years of treating the body poorly. A naturopathic doctor can likely heal you faster than what we can provide here on the forum if you want to speed up the process. They exist like colors of the rainbow so finding a good one might be difficult.

I personally have good and bad days throughout my treatment and I had more bad days than good days early on. Now I have 95% good days only pretty much and how I feel is basically tied to how much sleep I get and my liver. I’ve been on the diet and my personal protocol for about 15 months now. Each week I am getting better so I am continuing with the strict diet (minus a cheat every week or two) until I get where I want to go.

diddy182;29556 wrote:
    Also are ‘shock’ pains a symptom of candida as well? I get them maybe 3-5 times a month..they last very briefly – as in 1-2 seconds and go away. When i had major anxiety they would trigger a panic attack but now its just worrisome as my anxiety has gone down – if not disappeared completely.

I am unsure what you are referring to. Do you mean physical shocks like a nerve firing in your body for a second? Yes, this sounds anxiety related but may be more or less related to the body being in an unhealthy state. I am unsure what causes this but I did experience this and random muscle twitches occasionally. I also used to get incredibly debilitating tremors which is likely the extreme version of this. It also might be related to oxygen in the body.

Raw organic ACV should be available at your local health store but you can order online if its not available.

If your chicken is not organic or atleast free range and hormone free, the antibiotics within it can destroy some of your gut flora (good and bad flora) so this can cause gas as well.

It sounds like you want to know what you road ahead is like a little bit. Well if you have never lived healthy and eaten healthy it can be a significant change. Eventually you might like the results so much that you want to stop some of your bad habits, etc. permanently. Additionally, certain symptoms may come and go and morph over time so be sure to be in tune with your body. There are certain causes and effects of your diet and lifestyle that will make or break your treatment.

-raster

diddy182

Really appreciate the information!

For the shocks – its hard to describe really..im assuming its something to do with nerves. Weird shock for 1-2 seconds randomly somewhere on my body..groin..chest..stomache..i too also get random muscles twitches.

For the vinegar, i just went to about 5 local stores and finally found it. Took a sip and jesus – worse thing ive ever drank lol but ill deal with it and take some every day.

It sounds like you want to know what you road ahead is like a little bit. Well if you have never lived healthy and eaten healthy it can be a significant change. Eventually you might like the results so much that you want to stop some of your bad habits, etc. permanently. Additionally, certain symptoms may come and go and morph over time so be sure to be in tune with your body. There are certain causes and effects of your diet and lifestyle that will make or break your treatment.

Ive lived a fairly shitty sugar carbed filled life until i was about 18 and acknowledged how important food is. Mostly because of my family who controlled what i ate and their complete lack of food knowledge. Anyway, from there i learned as much as i could about nutirition and food.. Lost about 90 lbs and ate healthy..then moved in a shitty place and once again didnt control my food mostly because i was poor at the time so gained it all back. Anyway this past december i was about 295 and started to eat better and what not because i started to actually have money..was fine until may..went down to about 260..then all my symptoms and stuff happened from there..since then been doing nothing but research everyday trying to figure out whats wrong with me. Figured celiac for the longest time and noticed slight relief when i went GF. Anyway, now im about 205-210 eating veggies everyday hoping (and believing since i do feel better) that its candida.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Few beginner questions.’ is closed to new replies.