Extremely Bad die off, possibly my own fault?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Extremely Bad die off, possibly my own fault?

This topic contains 49 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  shayfo 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author

Smitty99
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 227

shayfo;43399 wrote:

The thing that scares me the most is there seems to be more people battling the disease than people who have fully gotten over it. But maybe that’s because when people get over it, they move on with their lives and coming back and discussing it online just brings back painful memories. That makes me very thankful that Able and others are dedicating their time to helping us. Also its much appreciative to the people who are at different stages sharing their experience.

I still feel like I’m at the bottom of the mountain with no end in sight. I need to convince myself that things are getting better. I do feel like crap throughout the entire day but at least I am not getting severe headaches after eating anymore. Probably because I’ve cut out 99 percent of sugar in my diet but still. Good indication that I’m on the right track at least.

Most people who stick around the forum do so because they’re still struggling. I personally am symptom-free at slightly over five months on Able’s strict diet and (most of) his protocol, and I am now sloooooowly reintroducing foods. I actually ditched the forum for the better part of the last two months, because it’s easy for me to get sucked into endless hours on the Internet, but I’ve been coming back to write periodic updates of my progress and to skim what people are discussing. I suppose it would be more encouraging if people who are doing well posted more often. It’s easy to only discuss the unpleasant, you know?

The first month or two of the treatment is the most discouraging, in my opinion. Die-off sucks, and being tired sucks, and not seeing immediate results sucks. And changing your diet and lifestyle is hard! But if I can convince you of ANYTHING, I would choose this: don’t cheat! I think a lot of folks on the forum downplay the role of eating “cheat” foods in their struggles. This isn’t a weight-loss diet — you can’t eat “just one” bad meal a week and have the same progress. The candida doesn’t take a day off from trying to feed itself. I’ve been really steadfast in following the strict diet, and I think my results speak for themselves. I was a mess when I started the diet in December, and now I feel better than I have in my entire life. Everyone is different, of course, but I don’t believe I’m a fluke. Forum user alexalgebra started the diet on the same date as me, and has also been following things to the letter, and he’s had incredible progress, as well. (If anyone is interested, I will also point out that neither of us eats any meat at all.)

Good luck, Smitty! Don’t cheat, practice acceptance for where you are at any given moment, and cultivate patience for your body’s processes.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. It really did lift my spirits. I can handle this taking 3-5 months if it is a life changing experience and I end up feeling better than I ever have. I cannot lie. I haven’t been the most healthy person. I was eating a lot of garbage sweets/fast food/ and drinking time to time. I convinced myself that exercising regularly was enough to counteract this but that was very naive of me. I was doing lots of damage to my insides obviously.

I’ve already noticed in the past 2 weeks that I am dropping a lot of excess fat that I have had for a long time with my strict diet of salads and eggs.

If I make it through this, I will be turned into a health freak after this because the fear of going back to where I am now will be enough to keep me driving past that fast food restaurant again and again.

Smitty99

shayfo;43399 wrote:

The thing that scares me the most is there seems to be more people battling the disease than people who have fully gotten over it. But maybe that’s because when people get over it, they move on with their lives and coming back and discussing it online just brings back painful memories. That makes me very thankful that Able and others are dedicating their time to helping us. Also its much appreciative to the people who are at different stages sharing their experience.

I still feel like I’m at the bottom of the mountain with no end in sight. I need to convince myself that things are getting better. I do feel like crap throughout the entire day but at least I am not getting severe headaches after eating anymore. Probably because I’ve cut out 99 percent of sugar in my diet but still. Good indication that I’m on the right track at least.

Most people who stick around the forum do so because they’re still struggling. I personally am symptom-free at slightly over five months on Able’s strict diet and (most of) his protocol, and I am now sloooooowly reintroducing foods. I actually ditched the forum for the better part of the last two months, because it’s easy for me to get sucked into endless hours on the Internet, but I’ve been coming back to write periodic updates of my progress and to skim what people are discussing. I suppose it would be more encouraging if people who are doing well posted more often. It’s easy to only discuss the unpleasant, you know?

The first month or two of the treatment is the most discouraging, in my opinion. Die-off sucks, and being tired sucks, and not seeing immediate results sucks. And changing your diet and lifestyle is hard! But if I can convince you of ANYTHING, I would choose this: don’t cheat! I think a lot of folks on the forum downplay the role of eating “cheat” foods in their struggles. This isn’t a weight-loss diet — you can’t eat “just one” bad meal a week and have the same progress. The candida doesn’t take a day off from trying to feed itself. I’ve been really steadfast in following the strict diet, and I think my results speak for themselves. I was a mess when I started the diet in December, and now I feel better than I have in my entire life. Everyone is different, of course, but I don’t believe I’m a fluke. Forum user alexalgebra started the diet on the same date as me, and has also been following things to the letter, and he’s had incredible progress, as well. (If anyone is interested, I will also point out that neither of us eats any meat at all.)

Good luck, Smitty! Don’t cheat, practice acceptance for where you are at any given moment, and cultivate patience for your body’s processes.

Hi shayfo

I was wondering how you take your coconut oil? Do you just mix with foods are do you drink it straight sometimes and if so how much per day when you first began your treatment? 1 tbsp 2?

Thanks

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

It’s the only cooking oil I use, and I also eat it straight off the spoon. It’s mostly cool enough where I am that my coconut oil stays solid or semi-solid. I have also added some to hot herbal tea, since the flavor is so mild.

I don’t remember exact amounts, but if you haven’t had any yet, probably take a couple of teaspoons the first few days to see how much die-off it gives you before adding any more. Coconut oil is a really powerful antifungal, so taking too much too soon can be a real kick in the face. You’ll want to gradually work up to approximately 4 tablespoons a day, over the course of a few weeks. Always back off if your die-off seems too intense — you don’t want to hurt your liver or kidneys. You shouldn’t start coconut oil (or any antifungals) until you’ve been on molybdenum amino acid chelate for a few days.

Smitty99

shayfo;43425 wrote: It’s the only cooking oil I use, and I also eat it straight off the spoon. It’s mostly cool enough where I am that my coconut oil stays solid or semi-solid. I have also added some to hot herbal tea, since the flavor is so mild.

I don’t remember exact amounts, but if you haven’t had any yet, probably take a couple of teaspoons the first few days to see how much die-off it gives you before adding any more. Coconut oil is a really powerful antifungal, so taking too much too soon can be a real kick in the face. You’ll want to gradually work up to approximately 4 tablespoons a day, over the course of a few weeks. Always back off if your die-off seems too intense — you don’t want to hurt your liver or kidneys. You shouldn’t start coconut oil (or any antifungals) until you’ve been on molybdenum amino acid chelate for a few days.

Thanks again! That is very helpful.

I’ve been on the diet for about 8 days now and am going through noticeable die off even without antifungals. I am going to wait until my molybedum gets here in the mail to really start kicking it up a notch. I tested 1 olive leaf extract pill today and my body aches ramped up quite a bit so I’m probably going to leave it alone until the weekend and hope the molyB gets here this week.

One other question. When you were going through die off, did you notice that the die off always steadily progressed as the day went on? Like I notice in the morning the body aches are almost non existed. My head feels very foggy but not as achy as later in the day. I’m assuming that’s because when you sleep, your body does its best detoxing?

shayfo

You can have lots of die-off just from depriving the candida of its favorite foods, so I would definitely wait on the antifungals until you get your molybdenum.

My die-off seemed worse the longer I was awake, as I recall. Luckily for me, I have an on-call contract job, so I had lots of time to lie in bed during the worst of things. I took naps whenever possible and always seemed tired anyway. A lot of my die-off was brain fog and dizziness, as well as a few days of flu-like symptoms and some anxiety. Some aches, but it’s hard to say what was all the sleeping/loafing and what was die-off.

You can try taking vitamin C, too, like 3000mg/day.

Smitty99

shayfo;43431 wrote: You can have lots of die-off just from depriving the candida of its favorite foods, so I would definitely wait on the antifungals until you get your molybdenum.

My die-off seemed worse the longer I was awake, as I recall. Luckily for me, I have an on-call contract job, so I had lots of time to lie in bed during the worst of things. I took naps whenever possible and always seemed tired anyway. A lot of my die-off was brain fog and dizziness, as well as a few days of flu-like symptoms and some anxiety. Some aches, but it’s hard to say what was all the sleeping/loafing and what was die-off.

You can try taking vitamin C, too, like 3000mg/day.

I’m lucky enough to only be working one day a week because I am currently in University but I don’t even know if I can handle that right now and because I’ve used so many sick days since April when this all first started, I’m not sure if I’ll be able to keep my job at all. But my health is what’s most important. I’m going to judge how I feel tomorrow and make a decision and either tough it out Friday or go in and be honest with them and tell them I may need 1 to 2 months off. It really sucks. I’m hoping the MolyB will help but if I’m feeling this badly just cause of the diet, it scares me to think how bad it will be when I’m on full fledged antifungals.

Thanks for sharing your experience about how your die off symptoms also got worse as the day went along. That makes me feel better.

I realized I’m also experiencing heart palpitations too once in a while. Lovely.

The hell just keeps on giving lol. But I’m determined to beat this.

shayfo

I didn’t experience heart palpitations, but others have mentioned it as a die-off symptom.

If you can afford to not work, it might be a good option to look into. I don’t work much, as I said, but the looming threat of work probably stressed me out more than the time I actually spent there. I’d worry about how I’d feel/do when I actually got called in, and worrying is pretty counterproductive during this treatment. Just a thought.

Good luck with everything! Stay focused.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Yes! Relaxing and taking it as easy as possible will definitely assist you in healing. I have only worked part-time throughout my whole process, and largely from home, which has been amazing for my recovery.

Smitty99

shayfo;43465 wrote: I didn’t experience heart palpitations, but others have mentioned it as a die-off symptom.

If you can afford to not work, it might be a good option to look into. I don’t work much, as I said, but the looming threat of work probably stressed me out more than the time I actually spent there. I’d worry about how I’d feel/do when I actually got called in, and worrying is pretty counterproductive during this treatment. Just a thought.

Good luck with everything! Stay focused.

Thanks again 🙂

How bad did your stomach feel during this whole process? My stomach feels like absolute crud that is having problems digesting almost anything I put in it. I am kinda depressed hoping that this is just the candida reaking havoc on it and it will go back to normal after I get rid of it.

I suppose it must be a normal thing since constipation and indigestion is a normal complaint.

The bloating is so freakin bad that it causes nausea.

shayfo

I was pretty constipated the first month (or so?). The bloating is pretty frustrating and only really subsided recently. It’s a slow process. Also, if you’re taking psyllium husk or bentonite clay, stop: they can make constipation worse.

Smitty99

shayfo;43520 wrote: I was pretty constipated the first month (or so?). The bloating is pretty frustrating and only really subsided recently. It’s a slow process. Also, if you’re taking psyllium husk or bentonite clay, stop: they can make constipation worse.

Thanks shayfo! I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better with your bloating

I’m feeling a little better today, not as bloated. It’s been 12 days on the diet now and my nose is running like a faucet all day. So annoying lol.

In your opinion, do you think it’s possible for someone to have had candida issues for 10 years that caused things like acne and rashes but never really interrupted their lives and kind of stayed under control. Then it finally erupted into headaches and the whole 9 ?

Can you have mild issues of candida that take a long time to develop into more serious issues? I just really wonder if this is the answer to health problems I’ve had for so long like acne.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I think it’s possible. I had some minor problems my whole life, but then over last year, they completely blew up. I don’t know if everything is candida-related, but I think doing the candida treatment will probably also clear up a lot of other things. It’s my opinion that most ailments are related to digestion somehow, be it an infection, intolerance, etc.

Smitty99

I went through some traumatic stress at the end of March thru April and its funny cause that’s when all this stuff went haywwire for me. I woke up with a lump in my throat due to the stress and read it was globus sensation. i did my best to try and believe it was that but I always kept fearing the worst.

than in mid April after about three weeks of severe stress the candida symptoms arose and I didn’t know anything about candida at the time. so that sent ny stress upwards again.

lately I’ve been reading connections between severe stress, immune suppression and leaky gut which causes candida. my stress levels have improved and I’m beginning to wonder if that is what has made me so sick.

my stress was so bad that it was causing overflow of adrenaline throughout my body constantly. stress is really no laughing matter.

shayfo

I agree with Alex. I think I’ve had some level of candida issues since I was a teenager, but it only really came to a head last year in the late summer/early fall. Last year was really stressful for me in a lot of ways, and I made a lot of reeeally poor self-care decisions, and my health paid for it.

Smitty99

shayfo;43579 wrote: I agree with Alex. I think I’ve had some level of candida issues since I was a teenager, but it only really came to a head last year in the late summer/early fall. Last year was really stressful for me in a lot of ways, and I made a lot of reeeally poor self-care decisions, and my health paid for it.

Hey Shayfo

I’ve been kind of stressed out today. I’m not really experiencing the harsh die off that I did earlier in the week and I even tested an antifungal today and didn’t have much of a reaction to it. I still however have bad sinus pressure throughout the day, vertigo, sore throat, and thrush.

A few things have improved or changed. My stomach feels a bit better, not really bloated at all and nausea has improved. The fluid in my ears is pretty much gone but has been replaced with mild soreness and itchiness. My breathing is a tiny bit better and my heart doesn’t feel like it’s gonna be outta my chest at certain times of the day. Chest tightness is a bit better too.

Some things however have gotten much worse. My body rashes seems to be popping up in different areas like my legs and stomach and chest and are super itchy and getting bigger. That’s kind of alarming and my thrush that is 3rd most annoying thing I have with 1 and 2 being headaches and sore throat seems worse.

I guess I just feel like shouldn’t I still be experiencing bad die off reactions like body aches, nausea, etc to know the die off is working and if a lot of the yeast are dead now in my stomach, why do I still have 90% of my symptoms. I’m just freaking out a bit cause I always want to feel like I’m moving forward and not backward or sideways.

Btw I did had some probiotic yogurt last night that seemed to settle my stomach down immediately and has felt so much better since.

Edit: Actually I’ve noticed today that my head will go from feeling congested with sinus pressure to not that bad for the first time in two weeks. The first time that’s happened to me. Up until this point I’ve just constantly had sinus congestion and pressure and haven’t really felt good all day long. It’s nice to feel short times of relief. I’m hoping they will eventually last longer and longer.

The other thing I noticed a couple hours ago and I apologize if this is gross. But my breath had been absolutely reaking of yeast for the past 2 or 3 months. No matter how much I brushed, mouthwash, it would be back in a matter of minutes. I’ve noticed today that my breath is 80 percent better. I can barely even detect it at all. That’s good news too I think….

When I took an antifungal today. It almost felt like I angered my thrush, it got really hot and uncomfortable. It’s still there but I wonder if that’s a sign of dying and mutation that I’ve read about.

Sorry for the long post. I just have really felt a rollercoaster of emotions today. Seem to follow my symptoms haha

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Extremely Bad die off, possibly my own fault?’ is closed to new replies.