Extreme die off symptoms or am I just a wreck?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Extreme die off symptoms or am I just a wreck?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ms T 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ms T
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 22

I stumbled across this forum AFTER I started doing a cleanse, so I was not following the protocol as strictly as I could have been. I did get a book on candida (turns out a not-very good book) and did research through other sites, so I eliminated sugar, simple carbs, root vegetables, most dairy, etc. Admittedly, there are days when I have one or two of the “not allowed” foods.

About five days ago, I started taking oregano oil, caparyl, coconut oil, and berberine (planning to alternate 2 of these at a time every four days) and within a day experienced SEVERE die-off. My muscles were so achy I couldn’t sleep, so I assumed that I started too strong, with the Oregano in particular. I backed down on the oregano a bit and alternated to the berberine and coconut oil. Am also taking Molybdenum and milk thistle.

My muscle soreness went away but the symptoms morphed into flu-like symptoms, and now I am feeling it in my lungs and coughing up dark yellow phlegm. I also noticed a black spot on my toe nail, which I assume was the candida looking for a new home…because it wasn’t there until two days ago…what the heck? I did one colon hydrotherapy session on Friday. Last night, I took one of Dr. Ohira’s probiotics for the first time.

Then today…please excuse the graphic detail…I pooped some kind of a dark orangish corn-kernel looking thing. Of course, I immediately searched on the Internet and found some people think these are parasites, others seem to link pooping this bean thing with a medication they are on.

What I am REALLY worried about is that the candida and/or parasites are infecting my lungs because they can no longer live in the digestive tract????? Do parasites/candida move when they are disturbed? Or since I am ingesting antifungals will my blood prevent safe/hospitable transport for them altogether? Is it more likely that whatever is in my lungs (whether candida or parasites) was there before and is now making its presence known in reaction to the antifungals?

For background, I did have pneumonia once 20 years ago and was treated with antibiotics. I have not had excessive amounts of antibiotics otherwise but have had some, was led to try a cleanse because I was eating 2 to 3 desserts a day (and I am a little person), craving potatoes and starches, had chronic BV, and also had taken prescription iron due to anemia and uterine fibroids.

But otherwise I am really healthy — LOL.

Thanks for any insight and all the great info on this site!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Wow, this is pretty gnarly sounding. Have you travelled to other countries much?

The thing is everyone has candida and parasites but at different levels. Symptoms of parasite overgrowth are very similar to candida from my experience and the toxins released by parasites can be just as bad. Also, google image search “parasites in stool” to see if you have it. They may have found a good host.

If you have the money, I would get some kind of parasitic stool test from genova diagnostics and determine what you have got. You may have quite a challenge ahead of you and it might be best to determine what you have now.

Parasites can move throughout the body and if they congregate within a certain organ you can get very ill. I shared a link on the forum about a woman who had a parasite in her brain and had to have brain surgery. I don’t want to freak you out but thats about the worst it can get.

Another possibility is you had hemorrhoids or other types of fecal matter in your gut that was released by doing the cleanse.

You definitely did over do it with the antifungals because you should start out slowly with a few drops per day. The more you use the more die-off you will get. Also the more you use the more volatile your bm’s will become.

I’d protect the liver as much as possible and continue to kill off the bugs in your gut. I personally wouldn’t use berberine because its basically an antibiotic which kills both the beneficial and bad bacteria in the gut.

You may also want to lay off the probiotics until the die-off is less severe because they are just getting flushed out the body at this point.

Your symptoms sound like typical die-off symptoms btw.

-raster

Ms T
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 22

Thank you for the reply and apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Although I am still coughing up dark phlegm, my cough is not as severe or as persistent. And, while I am not sure, I think the recent toe nail fungus that appeared is dying off. All in all, I am feeling MUCH better.

I’ve tapered back on the dosages for oregano oil and other antifungals, though I am still taking them, and feel I am still making progress although I have gotten some cravings for coffee and other foods I don’t normally eat. I do worry about killing off some candida but not restoring fully to balance of good and bad bacteria. I also worry about a recurrence.

I agree that I should get my stool checked for both candida and parasites, but I think it makes sense to wait until after I am done with the cleanse.

Thank you again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Extreme die off symptoms or am I just a wreck?’ is closed to new replies.