Experiencing new symptoms

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Experiencing new symptoms

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  orka1998 7 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

I have a question about a natural body function…that just happens to be gross. So I will apologize in advice!

I am starting to reintroduce more carbs this week at your suggestions (after over two months on the diet). I am noticing more gas (SORRY GUYS). A few weeks ago I read that gas was a sign that feeding the candidia. Is this true? Should I be concerned about an increase in gas since I started eating more carbs?

Also experiencing a new symptom that haven’t experienced since I was on a prescription antifungal over the summer. Unfortunatly, during the summer I wasn’t fully aware of what was going on with me (because I asked a doctor about candida and pretty much got laughed at). I was taking an antifungal for 3 months. During this time many of my symptoms improved greatly. While I was improving, I noticed these weird dark red bumps that would appear, mostly on my legs, but a few on my arms as well. They look like a red moles in varying sizes. They are very dark red and then fade as they heal. Has anyone experienced this before? I’m not sure if it is a die off reaction (because I kicked up my antifungals this week as well) or a rash that is appearing because I introduced something that candida is enjoying too much.

As always, thank you for your excellent advice! 🙂

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

kirstyk4 wrote: I am starting to reintroduce more carbs this week at your suggestions (after over two months on the diet).

Hi, Kirsty.

If you’re talking about testing foods you’ve not eaten on the diet previously, I don’t remember telling you to test foods that could possibly cause Candida symptoms. Exactly which foods are you speaking of?

It seems that only a week or so ago we were discussing the fact that you needed to change probiotics. If you’ve done that, then a new probiotic can cause gas until your body has adapted to the newly added bacteria.

The problem with gas during a Candida infestation is that it’s sometimes difficult to know exactly what’s causing it because both the infestation itself and the dying Candida can cause it. Of course, newly introduced foods can also cause bloating/gas.

The herb ‘ginger’ can help with Candida-produced gas.

Able

kirstyk4

Sorry if I gave you the impression that I was blaming you for the symptoms. I am simply curious if I should discontinue for a bit longer because of the new symptoms I was experiencing. I am thankful for your advice and suggestions!

I tried some cream of buckwheat earlier this week. Didn’t notice anything different for several days. In fact, I felt great. I picked up some kefir at a health food store to give it a try before making it myself. Until I figured out I had candida, I had never heard of kefir and wanted to make sure I liked it. Tried half a cup several days ago and noticed nothing the next day. Skipped a day and had another glass. The kefir may very well be causing the gas because I am introducing new probiotics through this. The one I picked up has 10 strands.

When I noticed the red spots on my legs I decided to wait a bit before had those things again just in case.. I felt fine after eating the buckwheat and kefir but the gas was a little of a concern. Thought maybe the new bumps could be from upping the antifungals because I first noticed them several months ago when I was on a prescription antifungal.

I probably should have waited a longer period between trying the new foods. I was just SO SO excited about having more options! 🙂

My molybdenum arrived a few days ago. I am already noticing a difference from it! My hands are not as cold throughout the day as they used to be! Thank you again for suggesting it! 🙂

Able900
    Spectator

kirstyk4 wrote: Sorry if I gave you the impression that I was blaming you for the symptoms. I am simply curious if I should discontinue for a bit longer because of the new symptoms I was experiencing. I am thankful for your advice and suggestions!

Hi, Kirsty.

No, hon, I didn’t think you were blaming me, it’s just that if I recommend something that causes a Candida response, then I definitely want to know about it and what exactly it was that I recommended. Allergic responses are different, as most people are going to be allergic to at least one of the foods, so of course we can’t take every food item that someone is allergic to off the list.

But in your case, the symptoms don’t appear to be Candida reactions because of the foods you ate, but rather reactions similar to an allergic and/or an increase in the population of the beneficial bacteria stemming from the kefir. Candida won’t eat buckwheat nor do they eat kefir unless there’s too much sugar in the end product, meaning it wasn’t fermented long enough.

Kirsty, from what I understand it looks like you tried the buckwheat and kefir both this week, and you really shouldn’t add two new foods in one week.
    Now that you’ve experienced this response from these foods, I think you should wait at the very least two full weeks before trying one again, and then wait two to three weeks to try the other. Ok? Better safe than sorry, and that’s what we try to encourage with the protocol.

Please keep us posted as to how you are doing.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Try the foods one at a time to see if you have any reaction. The buckwheat most likely didn’t cause anything, but more likely the kefir.

For the gas problem, I take a vitamin called zypan by standard process. It stops the gas immediately almost.

-Raster

kirstyk4

Thanks guys!

The red spots have calmed down a bit and are already healing. YAY! 🙂 It will be interesting in a few weeks to see if I get the same symptoms when I start introducing those items again.

IF…it was the kefir…do you think it was sugar content (although what I drank had less than the yogurt I have been eating daily) or the additional probiotics? I’m just curious so I can be watchful for the red spots when I try something else that is higher in sugar/probiotics.

raster
    Participant

I think that it is either the dairy or the sugar; no way to know for certain unless you tried both seperately (which I don’t recommend).

I am thinking about trying out some dairy (milk) soon myself to see if I am still allergic.

-Raster

kirstyk4

I hadn’t considered the dairy part of it. That makes sense. My greek yogurt says it is 99% lactose free but the kefir was not.

Best of luck trying some dairy! 🙂

Kirsty

kirstyk4

Interesting update! 🙂

Several weeks ago I starting introducing carbs into my diet (WOO HOO!) and experienced a red rash (similar to rash had on my leg for years but more spread out and darker). I wasn’t sure if it was a reaction to trying new foods or die-off. I know I had a rash like this several months ago when I was on a prescription antifungal. I remember because I would take pictures of it and send it to my family asking if they had ever seen something like it before. During that week…I had done a “no no” and tried cream of buckwheat and kefir to close together. That left me unsure as to what was causing the rash and whether it was good or bad.

Since then, I have given myself a few weeks and then started introducing foods again. I started with the cream of buckwheat again. Did fine. I’ve been making my own yogurt (with more probiotics). Did fine.

Was at the grocery store the other day and came across a rutabaga. I’ll be honest…didn’t know what it was until I came to this forum. The diet has opened up so many more food options (options because I NEVER would have tried them if it weren’t for this diet). I got very excited because I remember reading it was a strong antifungal and some said how much they liked them. The simple pleasures right???

Came home, steamed one rutabaga and tried a few bits. Only did a few bits because it was such a new food and wanted to be careful. Also checked, and saw that they are higher in sugar so I wanted to be careful in that aspect.

I noticed my stomach was a little more vocal than has been in the past couple days. Then last night, after I took a shower, I realized that my funky rash on my leg (the one that is more spread out) was bright red again. I freaked out and wonder what I had done wrong. I narrowed it down to the rutabaga. That is the only thing I have changed in over a week.

So, with this development, I think it is safer to assume that the reaction I experienced a few week ago was likely die off due to the kefir (introducing more probiotics). Especially since I had the same rash when I was on the prescription antifungal over the summer. What do you think?

I am going to wait a few days and eat some more rutabaga. The symptoms are so similar to when I was on the prescription antifungal…it kinda make me smile…even though I feel like crap today due to the die off…lol!

Please let me know if you think I’m on the right track! Thanks!!

Kirsty

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

kirstyk4 wrote: Interesting update! 🙂

Several weeks ago I starting introducing carbs into my diet (WOO HOO!) and experienced a red rash (similar to rash had on my leg for years but more spread out and darker). I wasn’t sure if it was a reaction to trying new foods or die-off. I know I had a rash like this several months ago when I was on a prescription antifungal. I remember because I would take pictures of it and send it to my family asking if they had ever seen something like it before. During that week…I had done a “no no” and tried cream of buckwheat and kefir to close together. That left me unsure as to what was causing the rash and whether it was good or bad.

Since then, I have given myself a few weeks and then started introducing foods again. I started with the cream of buckwheat again. Did fine. I’ve been making my own yogurt (with more probiotics). Did fine.

Was at the grocery store the other day and came across a rutabaga. I’ll be honest…didn’t know what it was until I came to this forum. The diet has opened up so many more food options (options because I NEVER would have tried them if it weren’t for this diet). I got very excited because I remember reading it was a strong antifungal and some said how much they liked them. The simple pleasures right???

Came home, steamed one rutabaga and tried a few bits. Only did a few bits because it was such a new food and wanted to be careful. Also checked, and saw that they are higher in sugar so I wanted to be careful in that aspect.

I noticed my stomach was a little more vocal than has been in the past couple days. Then last night, after I took a shower, I realized that my funky rash on my leg (the one that is more spread out) was bright red again. I freaked out and wonder what I had done wrong. I narrowed it down to the rutabaga. That is the only thing I have changed in over a week.

So, with this development, I think it is safer to assume that the reaction I experienced a few week ago was likely die off due to the kefir (introducing more probiotics). Especially since I had the same rash when I was on the prescription antifungal over the summer. What do you think?

I am going to wait a few days and eat some more rutabaga. The symptoms are so similar to when I was on the prescription antifungal…it kinda make me smile…even though I feel like crap today due to the die off…lol!

Please let me know if you think I’m on the right track! Thanks!!

Kirsty

Hi Kirsty,
    very interesting! Very very in fact! You see I was always confused here in the forum about the same thing and that is the dance between what is die-off and what is feeding the candida and what is candia toxins from a standing infestation and what are allergic reactions we have developed through the candida but in itself are not high in sugar. Stuff which should be on the yes food allowed list and still making trouble.

Now to your red spots. I had these red spots, exactly like you for years on my legs on the shin. First on the left for some years. When they where red they where itchy and dry, I used cortisone on then it. Actually it was one big round one on the shin. The cortisone only took the itching away for one hour. For now reason, suddenly the red spot was pink then white and then disappeared. The skin healed perfectly but there where lots of very fine dark blue/violet blood-vessels under the skin. Then after a while the show started again on the other right leg. One year or two, then the change like on the other leg. Same story only that the spot moved on to a food now. Suddenly they where gong.

When I went to the doctor and he looked at my anus itching problem he stated that the skin looked like it was burned and within the end- intestines where he looked he said that it looked of but there where lots and lots of these very fine lined blood-vessels like I got from the red spots on the shin.

About your problem with the air production in your guts. Yes, I too read about it but I would not be concerned because you are on the diet and I believe the battle between probiotics and candida can well produce some air. That are my 2 cents. It looks to me that you experience with the rutabaga exactly what messed me up here in the forum being confused. You eat something from the list and you have a reaction. Shall you continue eating it now because it kills candida, should you stop wit hit now because it make you feel bad, maybe you are allergic to it? Or what should you do. I am at the same spot now after two month. I never experienced a clear cut pattern of 4 weeks die-offs, then the cooling down and healing to a state where there are no symptoms etc.

As I said I would not be concerned about the air as long as you stay on the diet. But I would take it easy with the antifungals as with the swede for a while and see to bring it slowly back. That is what I am doing right now.

all the best to you sister and I wish you with all my heart a quick healing.
    Dont forget us when you reach the other side! 😉
    cheers
    Thomas

raster
    Participant

I believe the red sores can be attributed to your bodies largest organ detoxing toxins from the body via the skin. With the increase in antifungals, it caused more die-off, which may have overloaded one of the organs too much. The body then dumped these toxins to the skin which is an effective and safe way to detox. I myself experienced a red sore on my face and it was mostly due to the times I drank caffeine or milk.

In time it should go away. If you want to try reducing antifungals for a few days it could clear up.

For the gas I still would recommend getting zypan; it won’t be available at most health food stores but at many of the online stores.

-Raster

kirstyk4

THANK YOU THOMAS! I wish you quick healing as well. I want more than anything for all of us on this Forum to find some relief this year!

I am just really thankful that I got some answers as to what the red spots where because I have experienced them several different times throughout the past couple months. Over the summer when it first showed up, I did not know I had candida and was scared because they came out of no where. The spots were also much larger (most likely because I was on a prescription antifungal and doing a gluten free diet). Also, with these recent developments, I feel more confident that I am going in the right direction.

Because the die-off was so strong, I am going to wait a few days and eat some more rutabaga again in about a week.

It’s nice to know that I’m not the only one that has gotten the rash. So crazy that this “beast” can affect us in so many ways.

Has your doctor given you anything to help you with the itching you have on your anus? That sounds very uncomfortable. Seems like he could give you a cream or something. But I guess until you get the candida overgrowth taken care, of it will continue to come back. 🙁 I think out of all of us, you are experiencing the WORST die off. I look forward to the day when you start to feel better for a longer period of time. But until then…I guess just remember that the die off means that you are heading in the right direction! Keep your chin up and we are all here for you!

The gas production has gone down significantly. I’m not so worried about it anymore. I was worried at first because for weeks I had pretty much no gas. Plus I read that gas meant that feeding the candida. I think it also means that getting more probiotics into system to PRODUCE gas. …but I’m not very knowledgable about this area. Keeping tabs on it and will be watchful for any changes in it.

Raster, I think you are right about the toxins coming out through the skin. It’s nice to finally understand what it means. I am going to wait on the rutabaga for several days before I have some again. I have not experienced a lot of die off. At least not that was noticeable. This rash shows me that I still have a long way to go…and now that I’ve found something that really works, I am going to continue to use it. 🙂

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Kirstyk4
    keep us updated about your red spots. The doctor gave me a cream but it didn’t help and I use the anus itch now as an indicator in the battle. I don’t want to use suppression on the skin organ to clean out the toxin either, so I am not using it.

I will update you guys on my process and I hope too that we all come through with this battle this year!!!

yours
    Thomas

kirstyk4

So…here is a new update…

Over the past week I have been experiencing a weird tightness/swollenness in my throat. It is very uncomfortable. I have given it a couple days hoping that it would reduce and was due to something I ate. No such luck.

Now I am very frustrated and stressed out again. The rest of my symptoms appear to be improving still. This new symptoms with my neck is so uncomfortable though that I am going to the doctor today.

I am going to give the doctor the rest of my family sees a try. I haven’t seen him since I was 18, but he has since helped my family determine what was wrong with them over the years. He is located almost an hour away, so I haven’t seen him since I moved away for college. He has always been very professional and helpful with the rest of my family with their problems. I hope to leave the doctor office feeling better than I walked in…but as that has not happened for the past year (since I started having all of my weird symptoms)…I am not going to hold my breath.

My real concern right now is the tighness in my throat. Keep your fingers crossed that it is nothing serious.

I will let you know how today goes.

Kirsty

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Kirsty.

So sorry to hear about your throat problem; and it’ll be interesting to see what your doctor says about it.

I’m sure your doctor will want to know about everything you’re taking now in the way of other meds, vitamins, etc. I’m wondering the same thing especially where pain relievers are concerned as it sounds very much like an allergic reaction.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Experiencing new symptoms’ is closed to new replies.