Essential oils applied topically help internally?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Research Essential oils applied topically help internally?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Vegan Catlady 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Vegan Catlady
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 626

As a henna artist who has studied aromatherapy and herbalism, I am aware that essential oil use on the skin must be done with some basic knowledge of safety.

Its understood that exposure to essential oils using any method can support or encourage the immune system,clear mucus,kill pathogens,ect.

With this said, there are a number of oils we use that are naturally anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-fungal.

At first I was interested at the fact that I have not mixed any henna since last summer, and got overgrowth in the winter. I thought if I do some application, it may speed my healing.
    (interestingly enough, the oil I use most often is cajaput, a cousin of teatree)

It occurred to me that regular use of essential oils *may* kill off good bacteria in the body as well….although I dont think this is the case because its never been reported in the thousands of years essential oils have been used as such, and most of these oils as plants do not as a rule kill the good bacteria.

The amount absorbed is small….however, I figured if this was something that should even be humored, surely someone has done studies on whether topical use of essential oils kill bacteria/fungi internally as a topical application (not as in the case of oregano oil).

Unfortunately, I cant find any studies relating to this specific question.

If anyone has links, they are appreciated.

“One of the best and safest places to apply essential oil is to the bottoms of feet where the oil is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream. According to Jean Valnet, M.D., most essential oils can affect every cell of the body within 20 minutes.”

“If the goal is to get the essential oil into the bloodstream, consider that topical use of essential oils becomes internal use (whether diluted or not), in that the essential oil is absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream and then to the rest of the body. We need to determine which application best suits the need, a drop or two internally or on the skin. We feel that the oils, unless needed in the digestion system, are equally or more effective applied topically.”
    http://heritageessentialoils.com/usage.php

http://www.naha.org/explore-aromatherapy/safety/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Essential oils applied topically help internally?’ is closed to new replies.