Elevated lipase levels in blood? (possible candida indicator?)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Elevated lipase levels in blood? (possible candida indicator?)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

A few weeks back my Dr. was wondering if my symptoms could be related to pancreatitis. He ordered a bunch of blood tests including pancreatic enzymes. The results came back mixed: the lipase level was elevated, but the amylase levels were in the normal range – not a clear indication of pancreatitis. Then he ordered an ultrasound to check for that and other things. It came back fine; no indication that the pancreas was enlarged and no indication of blockage or leakage of enzymes to surrounding tissue.

So I got to wondering about the elevated lipase. I googled a bit and it turns out that lipase is produced by yeast. Even some types of candida yeast.

So now I’m curious: Has anyone else had the pancreatic enzyme blood tests during a period of candida activity? Was your lipase level elevated? Historically a blood test for candida has been elusive. While candida wouldn’t be the only cause of elevated lipase it could be an interesting indicator. We need to do a bit of citizen science.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Even though several species of Candida produce lipase, Candida rugosa is the most notable producer, but Candida albicans is also capable of producing lipase. Many naturopaths recommend that their patients with a Candida overgrowth take supplements of enzymes which almost always include lipase. I’ve often wondered what the advantage is of taking lipase when Candida are already producing more of the enzyme than the body needs.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

From my experience, multiple organs become slightly damaged from a candida infestation including the liver, kidneys, brain, intestines, adrenals, thyroid, pancreas, galbladder, etc. A good approach to healing in my opinion is an approach that heals holistically, healing all of multiple organs all at once.

My liver enzymes were elevated when I got tested and healing them greatly reduced my symptoms. For some people it could be a different organ such as the kidneys (causing candida to occur on sexual organs) or thyroid (feeling really messed up), etc.

I wish I could help more but I wouldn’t put too much into this test. I think it shows you that this organ is damaged and this will require healing it in a specific way. One thing to keep in mind is that western drugs do not heal, they only treat the symptoms, so taking pharmaceuticals won’t heal your pancreas (in my opinion).

-raster

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

Raster: my point was that the candida could be the direct cause of the elevated lipase levels in the blood. And if that’s the case then it could be an interesting marker to examine for folks who suspect candida infection. I’d still like to see more data (OK, I’m a bit of a citizen scientist, I suppose) from other people. I suspect that generally the liver enzymes are tested but not the pancreatic enzymes, though.

LESNYC
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 16

raster;31137 wrote: From my experience, multiple organs become slightly damaged from a candida infestation including the liver, kidneys, brain, intestines, adrenals, thyroid, pancreas, galbladder, etc. A good approach to healing in my opinion is an approach that heals holistically, healing all of multiple organs all at once.

My liver enzymes were elevated when I got tested and healing them greatly reduced my symptoms. For some people it could be a different organ such as the kidneys (causing candida to occur on sexual organs) or thyroid (feeling really messed up), etc.

I wish I could help more but I wouldn’t put too much into this test. I think it shows you that this organ is damaged and this will require healing it in a specific way. One thing to keep in mind is that western drugs do not heal, they only treat the symptoms, so taking pharmaceuticals won’t heal your pancreas (in my opinion).

-raster

Wow! Thanks for this info! About 20 months ago, I stopped being able to take probiotics and some teas such as milk thistle and Moringa…basically any microbial substance. No one was able to explain this until last week when I discovered that people suffering from pancreatitis CANNOT take probiotics. Happy to finally understand this but a bit alarmed about pancreas. I have an appt. to check it (have discomfort in upper left rib area). My question is: do you think that doing a seriously strict anti-candida dirt for 6 months can heal my pancreas? I understand that you’re not a doctor, but I would appreciate your opinion.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello LESNYC,

The pancreas is an important part of your digestion system that we don’t talk enough about here on the forum. I don’t know too much about it but its a critical organ. A naturopath can likely can heal it without a need for medication. Some supplements contain parts of organs and these cells can be converted by the body easily to repair this organ (use pro-gest as an example). I don’t know if the diet would cure your pancreas woes or not, but if you did it in conjunction with the correct supplements you surely could do it from my experience. At the least, doing a diet like this should make you feel better and relieve some of your symptoms and improve your digestion.

-raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Elevated lipase levels in blood? (possible candida indicator?)’ is closed to new replies.