Early and Long-term Challenges

Home The Candida Forum Your Stories & Journals Early and Long-term Challenges

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ajc 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

ajc
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

I’ve just started an allergy elimination and rotation diet as the first phase of my Candida treatment. I was officially diagnosed with Candida based on an IgG blood test a couple of weeks ago by my naturopath. But this isn’t the first time I think I’ve had it; I self-treated multiple GI problems with an elimination diet almost 8 years ago and got to a point of optimal health on a diet consisting of mostly meat and vegetables, the majority raw, and almost all of my food sourced from local farms. But circumstances in my life made it hard to continue this diet after about 3 years into it, and I gradually went back to eating whatever was available. Things have flared up again now for the past few months, and I went to the naturopath for testing this time so I could be more focused in my approach.

She does IgG testing for food sensitivities, and there were multiple. As well as the Candida. She recommends a treatment program for Candida which requires taking 3 pills 3 times a day on an empty stomach, but I cannot take pills on an empty stomach, and often not even on a full one. She said I’m probably just not ready yet, but to go ahead and start the diet, to include avoiding foods that support Candida and the foods I tested sensitive too, as well as a rotation diet to avoid becoming sensitive to others. So I’m about a week into my diet now, haven’t started any other Candida treatment, and am also starting treatment for low vitamin D, low ferritin, an MTHFR mutation, and low cortisol, and I am awaiting testing for heavy metals.

This has been a hard week! First, because I was drinking way too much coffee (and coffee is one of the foods to which I had IgG antibodies/sensitivities). I didn’t like the coffee before; it tasted bad and felt bad in my body, but it feels good in my mind. Both in terms of alertness and also not having headaches. Headaches were really bad on the first few days of the elimination diet, and I have cheated on my diet and had a cup of coffee about 1/3 of the days. So I’m not sure I’m ready to stay away from it yet.

Another challenge is the offers of free food. At work the other day, someone brought us pizza for lunch. I sat alone in my office and ate the buckwheat and broccoli and goat cheese casserole I’d made. And then a neighbor offered me blueberry biscuits she’d just made. I managed to avoid them at first, and hated doing so because I love gift of food, but as hunger struck later, I found myself gobbling a couple of them down.

I am realizing that I seem t have a chronic low level nausea that I was managing with foods like biscuits or toast. It seems that that type of carb keeps the nausea in check. And when I feel this nausea, eating fruit or veggies makes me feel sicker. And I don’t feel like preparing something, and wish I just had something instant to grab.

I am also realizing how little I want to spend my time preparing food. I like going out and I like having foods ready to go. Planning ahead to cook helps, but how far can you plan ahead and still have fresh, tasty food? Not very… I am spending way more time in the kitchen than I want to be, making myself these foods.

Well, that’s my little rant of all the things that are bothering me at the beginning of this path to reach health again. Of course, there are plenty of things going right, like some of the amazingly yummy meals I have created over the past few days — like the eggplant and cherry tomatoes sautéed in eggplant oil with Whole Foods deli’s naked turkey breast and cayenne pepper. That was almost worth it all 🙂 There is much to be thankful for, and I haven’t lost sight of that, but the hard stuff is still hard!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Early and Long-term Challenges’ is closed to new replies.