Dry, cracking skin on hands

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Dry, cracking skin on hands

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dustinscott 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mk3
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 17

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for dealing with dry/cracking skin on hands? I only really get it bad on on my pinky finger and ring finger knuckle…it’s really weird. It never goes away though and flares up at times.

I have been on a strict candida diet for about 3.5 months now and have noticed improvements in some of my symptoms but my skin problems (breakouts on my face and back, dry/cracking hands)tend to be the slowest to improve.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Dr. Mcoomb’s, in his latest video, states that anyone with skin problems has a deficiency in HCL (hydrochloric acid). If you take some zypan or other HCL related supplements, you may notice an improvement.

http://www.candidaplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

Mineral baths/springs, vitamin C, and a few other supplements can improve the skin as well.

-raster

mk3

raster wrote: Dr. Mcoomb’s, in his latest video, states that anyone with skin problems has a deficiency in HCL (hydrochloric acid). If you take some zypan or other HCL related supplements, you may notice an improvement.

http://www.candidaplan.com/new/media_center/index.php

Mineral baths/springs, vitamin C, and a few other supplements can improve the skin as well.

-raster

Thanks for the advice Raster.

I am already taking 2 of these before every meal (which contain HCL): Protein Digestion Aid

I’ll ask my naturopath about vitamin C and other supplements that might help.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

mk3 wrote: Just wondering if anyone has any tips for dealing with dry/cracking skin on hands? I only really get it bad on on my pinky finger and ring finger knuckle…it’s really weird. It never goes away though and flares up at times.

Try rubbing lots of virgin coconut oil on your hands several times a day and every time you wash them. If you can find some white cotton gloves, these will help to keep the oil on your skin.

I’ll ask my naturopath about vitamin C and other supplements that might help.

Why would you ask your naturopath about vitamin C? It’s something that any health builder would use and it’s found in every drug store, at least it is in the USA.
    It’s especially needed now to replace the vitamin C in the fruits you shouldn’t be eating on the diet.

Able

mk3

Why would you ask your naturopath about vitamin C? It’s something that any health builder would use and it’s found in every drug store, at least it is in the USA.
    It’s especially needed now to replace the vitamin C in the fruits you shouldn’t be eating on the diet.

Able

First off – thanks for the tip on the coconut oil.

I will ask about vitamin C because she advised me to stop taking it when I first saw her 1.5 months ago. She uses “applied kinesiology” to check how my body reacts to different supplements and products – it’s a way for her to know which supplements/products are effective for my particular body. The vitamin C didn’t test so well for me. However, you make a very valid point about missing out on a major source of vitamin C in fruits (although I am slowly reintroducing berries/apples back into my diet – 1 small portion daily).

Also – wondering what you think about an ammonia-like smell I have in my nose. The naturopath has linked it to my body being too acidic. She has me taking a tsp of baking soda in water before bed to try to balance my pH and eliminate the odor in my nose. It doesn’t seem to be helping much. I see her again next week and will follow up but wondering if you or anyone else has any other recommendations for this issue?

Thanks again. This forum is very helpful.

Scooter133
    Topics: 6
    Replies: 5

mk3 wrote: Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips for dealing with dry/cracking skin on hands? I only really get it bad on on my pinky finger and ring finger knuckle…it’s really weird. It never goes away though and flares up at times.

Does it look like the pictures I posted here? After starting the Candida Diet the ones in the Pictures have not happened, though i still get small patches on my hands.

The interesting thing about the ones on the tops of my fingers is that if it close to the nail bed, the fingernail comes out all wavy…

I’ve had the skin issue for Years…

Scott<-

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

Well let me tell you what i found. Tropical Traditions makes a lotion. it is coconut oil and jojoba. i got a bottle cause it doesnt have all that junk in it like your regular store bought stuff. THAT STUFF IS WONDERFUL!! i always put lotion on my body..and even on my feet. my feet crack and flake and peel from being so dry. i been using this for about two weeks. my feet are no longer cracked and peeling. i have NEVER seen a lotion do that before to my feet and my feet have been this way for many years. VERY impressed with these lotions.

dustinscott
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 4

There are so many skin oil are available for dry skin. According to me i think that Olive oil is one of the best natural treatments you can use for dry skin. It is a light and mildly antibacterial oil, since it was created by the sebaceous glands, so it produces much oil which is beneficial for skin.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dry, cracking skin on hands’ is closed to new replies.