Dried Coconut Flakes Unsweetened

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Dried Coconut Flakes Unsweetened

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Percyfaith 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Jtd0023
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 9

I found a great little snack Dried Coconut Flakes Unsweetened. Those are okay right?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Jtd0023 wrote: I found a great little snack Dried Coconut Flakes Unsweetened. Those are okay right?

Depends on the ingredients, if the ingrediet list reads “coconut” period, then it’s fine.

Able

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flakes

Able, would these be ok to test on the protocol diet?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

titan wrote: Able, would these be ok to test on the protocol diet?

Those look fine, Titan, you’ll seldom go wrong with Bob’s Red Mill brand.

Able

Percyfaith
    Participant
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 58

“I found a great little snack Dried Coconut Flakes Unsweetened. Those are okay right?”

Great I use for snacking too—
    only I’ve wanted to know whether or not to buy Organic.
    I am somewhat chemically sensitive. The Bob’s Red Mill Coconut flakes I found on line were not Organic– I’ve been concerned about eating non organic coconut because I know they use bleaching when processing the fresh ones.

I’ve sent Bob’s Red Mill a note to find out how their product is produced and if they have or plan to offer an organic one.

I have to carefully watch everything I use and also need my products to be gluten and nightshade free.
    Will report back if I hear from Bob’s Red Mill..

IF anyone knows more please let me know…

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

They have like 600 products in their store if you go there in person but only like 60 of these products reach most store shelves unfortunately…I would look for a local organic health food store that sells this stuff.

-raster

Percyfaith
    Participant

Thank you Raster,
    There is another brand, Lets do Organic I think it is called that I’ve used before only it is more money. I will see what Bob’s Red Mill answers me back.
    I use a lot of their products.

Martha
    Percyfaith

Percyfaith
    Participant

Bob’s Red Mill answered me back
    “Thank you for your inquiry. Bob’s Red Mill packages a Coconut Flake that is all natural, meaning that there are no chemicals or preservatives added and no sulfites are used. The Coconut products are not bleached, which is why sometimes they are more ivory in coloring rather than a pure white color.
    Our purchasing department continues to seek sources for Organic versions of all of our products. The specifications they must consider are very complex: first, they must be able to source an adequate supply to satisfy all of our distribution channels. Even though Organic products may be available, we must be able to provide these products consistently and to a large consumer base. Second, they must consider the cost. Organic products are traditionally more expensive because they are more labor intensive to produce and certify. We don’t want to offer a product that our customers cannot afford. Third, our purchasing department must determine the demand for the specific product. Raw ingredients are contracted on a yearly basis so we must be able to quantify the demand or need for the specific Organic product.

We’ve felt fortunate in the last few years to have found so many reliable Organic sources. As our company continues to grow, I’m sure our supplier relationships will grow and change as well.”

I feel good about using their Dried Coconut Flakes and Vitacost has a great price on them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dried Coconut Flakes Unsweetened’ is closed to new replies.